09-22-13 09:34 PM
52 123
tools
    I suspect there is something simple we are all overlooking.

One point worth noting is that a wipe and autoloader are not equivalent. I don't wipe the phone - in fact, unless you actively want to securely destroy data there is no need to wipe, just use the autoloader.

The restore issues sound a lot like the BlackBerry ID bug - but then the OP tested this by now? (Without wipe!?)
    I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Try installing an older OS? Create a copy of the backup, change the OS version in the backup and install the official release? Maybe?....
    I could also imagine a strange app causing issues, BUT settings and media data should then restore without issues - plus, if it backed up it should restore.

Those speculating about the PC: the BlackBerry driver is not great - link itself is not that bad - issues such as slowness actually com from the BlackBerry driver.
    Having said that, there was some speculation in a previous OS thread that Link were to blame, however as far as I can tell it is irrelevant - still, if it makes you feel better, uninstall log off and on or reboot and then install again. (Assumes Vista or Windows 7 minimum - logging off or rebooting ensures registry changes are carried out and persistent.)

BUT unless something for messed up neither Link nor the driver should have any effect - plus it would be connwctivity affected more than the actual restore process.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 03:45 PM
    It's your computer, not Link or the phone. Use CCleaner on your computer, reboot it, make sure you are using latest version of link. PM Me if you still have problems. I restored from 1443 with no problems. BTW, I restored settings first then both media and apps...

Trusted Member
    Vista and Windows 7 are actually pretty hard to accidentally break - and surprisingly stable.
    In general i would also be very careful with "cleaning apps" - having said that though, ccleaner is a good one and a must have for me on Windows (note: the registry cleaner part can still mess things up).

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 03:47 PM
    Yes my friend, I also thought that was the issue. However, I installed BBLink on another pc just to find the exact same problem..
    Get darcytools sticky threads, did success with his tool no need to modify version inside .bbb file (manifest.xml)

Posted via Q10 - Currently running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1445 Beta
    09-16-13 03:50 PM
    I have over 50 backups.. three Z10's and four Playbooks for five of us. I've restored to all 7 of them and always successfully...Can't imagine why you are having issues unless you are forgetting to turn on airplane mode so your restores don't get corrupted by a message coming in. Why do you say don't bother with a program that keeps your registry running correctly?...I like to use CCleaner myself to keep my computers running smooth.

EDIT: By the way, did you install 10.2.0.1075 or 10.2.0.1725? Maybe you just hit the wrong key? Maybe that's why your restores aren't working too...Not trying to p*ss you off. Just trying my best to help.
    It has nothing to do with the computer. I tried restoring on two PCs and a Mac, don't bother with cc cleaner.

It simply crashes after 408k each time....I tried 5 backups and 3 laptops, also went back to 1443...no luck amigos-

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-16-13 04:06 PM
    this also happened to me, tried every single solution, all ur steps and I failed, , luckily I dont have any important apps, and I have all my pics on PC, the only issue was the contacts, I tried saschi's tool, and restored just the settings, I had 450 contacts, I got back 400 contacts, and it was good enough for me, so try this, and hopefully u will get most of ur contacts

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 04:09 PM
    You do realize that if you change the backup file to force a backup you run the risk of forcing data upon a new set of data that may or may not be ultimately compatible? Also I install a new os and do use a security wipe at that time to remove any left over fragments that may have been left behind. Most of the time those fragments just take up space but why take the chance? Why not start with a new, clean install?
    I suspect there is something simple we are all overlooking.

One point worth noting is that a wipe and autoloader are not equivalent. I don't wipe the phone - in fact, unless you actively want to securely destroy data there is no need to wipe, just use the autoloader.

The restore issues sound a lot like the BlackBerry ID bug - but then the OP tested this by now? (Without wipe!?)
    I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Try installing an older OS? Create a copy of the backup, change the OS version in the backup and install the official release? Maybe?....
    I could also imagine a strange app causing issues, BUT settings and media data should then restore without issues - plus, if it backed up it should restore.

Those speculating about the PC: the BlackBerry driver is not great - link itself is not that bad - issues such as slowness actually com from the BlackBerry driver.
    Having said that, there was some speculation in a previous OS thread that Link were to blame, however as far as I can tell it is irrelevant - still, if it makes you feel better, uninstall log off and on or reboot and then install again. (Assumes Vista or Windows 7 minimum - logging off or rebooting ensures registry changes are carried out and persistent.)

BUT unless something for messed up neither Link nor the driver should have any effect - plus it would be connwctivity affected more than the actual restore process.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 04:11 PM
    How did you lose 50 contacts? This to me would never be acceptable...
    this also happened to me, tried every single solution, all ur steps and I failed, , luckily I dont have any important apps, and I have all my pics on PC, the only issue was the contacts, I tried saschi's tool, and restored just the settings, I had 450 contacts, I got back 400 contacts, and it was good enough for me, so try this, and hopefully u will get most of ur contacts

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 04:12 PM
    The problem has nothing to do with BBLink, it's with your BBID (and I'm 100% sure). You probably create your BBID on Europe or another region and setup your device on US region, and it had conflicts. I don't know how to solve this problem though, I had this problem and I configured everything from zero.

Try to select the same region you had before when you backed up your device. Maybe it helps, I'm not saying that it works but it's worth trying. But again, it has nothing to do with Link, or cable or usb port you're using. wipe does not help, forget it.

It might work when you restore on a completely different device though if you have (it worked for me).

Next time sync your contacts to gmail or any email service that you can sync back later, it's the best. Use sms backup app from app world, just in case. But if you have backup restore problem, you probably gonna have this problem in the future again (because of your current BBID). If you use new BBID it's highly possible that you won't face this problem in the future anymore.

Guys,

I`ve been through all of the forums but could not get a conclusive or effective idea.

I had 10.2.0.1443 installed on my STL100-2 Z10, everything was running cool and smooth.

I downloaded 2.0.1725, did a full backup of my phone via BBLINK and then installed the new leak.

*** I always wipe BEFORE and AFTER installing a new OS (leak or not)***

I cannot get BBLink to restore my app data and configs, I really need my contacts, emails and app (and configs as well, obviously).

Phone gets prepared for restoring, restore starts and, at 0%, the restore freezes and it stops.

I already tried rebooting the phone, the pc, reinstalled link, installed the leaked link, uninstalled the leaked link, reinstalled the official link release, nothing worked. Even tried in a different pc by transferring my backup file over to the other, but no success.

Can anybody please give me a light?

Any help will be much appreciated!
    09-16-13 04:27 PM
    You do realize that if you change the backup file to force a backup you run the risk of forcing data upon a new set of data that may or may not be ultimately compatible? Also I install a new os and do use a security wipe at that time to remove any left over fragments that may have been left behind. Most of the time those fragments just take up space but why take the chance? Why not start with a new, clean install?
    First of all, the autoloader retains no old information - there is nothing left over. The files may exist in the ROM (same way a deleted files is not removed from a hdd) but otherwise any leftovers do NOTHING after running the autoloader.
    Wiping is a waste if time if you are using an autoloader anyway.

As to the backup: it overwrites all that exists in the phone, including newer copies if say an app, hence even if you force it to run, there is not anything you can break.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 12:22 AM
    I have over 50 backups.. three Z10's and four Playbooks for five of us. I've restored to all 7 of them and always successfully...Can't imagine why you are having issues unless you are forgetting to turn on airplane mode so your restores don't get corrupted by a message coming in. Why do you say don't bother with a program that keeps your registry running correctly?...I like to use CCleaner myself to keep my computers running smooth.

EDIT: By the way, did you install 10.2.0.1075 or 10.2.0.1725? Maybe you just hit the wrong key? Maybe that's why your restores aren't working too...Not trying to p*ss you off. Just trying my best to help.
    Registry Cleaners require you to know exactly how the OS works - which no single person at Microsoft does.
    If you also ever had any HP hardware, you might find that they made such a mess of their drivers that deleting the wrong registry key (flagged by a registry cleaner) means reinstalling the whole operating system.
    How one does something like that I have no idea given just reinstalling the driver should fix everything.

Lastly, the registry bus just a big lookup table 1000 keys more or less don't make a huge difference.

On the actual cleaner side, you again need to know what you are doing - what which option does.
    I'm not saying one cannot use such programs, but one should be very careful around them.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 12:26 AM
    I had the exact same problem too. I couldnt find a way to restore. What I did was, I registered intouch app. I have sent them the backup file they extracted the contacts from the backup file and synched to my phone by the application. it cost me 5 bucks. Now i am backing up my contacts in various places not to have this issue again. Intouch accepts a backup file less than 100 mb so it was a pain in the ***, I have sent them an old backup file and lost some contacts but it was 90 percent helpful to me
    09-17-13 07:35 AM
    I will wait until the next leak comes to try again to restore.

Other issue I'm experiencing is with lock screen e-mail notifications.

I only have 2 new emails but they are shown in the lock screen repeateadly. If I have more than 3 new emails, I can never see all of them because the first ones get repeated like 2 or 3 times.

Anyone else experiencing the same bug?

Thanks to all!
    09-17-13 09:01 AM

I only have 2 new emails but they are shown in the lock screen repeateadly. If I have more than 3 new emails, I can never see all of them because the first ones get repeated like 2 or 3 times.

Thanks to all!
    No issues at all with my email accounts and them displaying on lock screen.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1725
    STL100-3 10.2.0.1725
    09-17-13 09:41 AM

Thanks to all!
    There is a new BBLink out as of today...BlackBerry Link v1.2.0.28 (Windows OS)

Check this thread out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...10-1-a-828070/
    Last edited by timeride; 09-18-13 at 12:03 AM. Reason: yesterday by 3 mins
    09-18-13 12:03 AM

Not Pi$$ing me off. No worries. I did the following:
    Tried to restore on 2 PCs and one Mac
    Tried PCs with multiple versions of LINK...
    Tried to restore ODLER backups..

Put older OS and repeat all steps above....no restore

Eich Bin Phucked Roiley here
    09-18-13 03:25 PM
    Only "some" of the leaks will take a restore from a previous build. Why? Because if you restore settings to a version that has different/newer code you may or may not get good results. You may find some things you try to do later, a little buggy. Try restoring only media and apps, NOT settings...
    The problem has nothing to do with BBLink, it's with your BBID (and I'm 100% sure). You probably create your BBID on Europe or another region and setup your device on US region, and it had conflicts. I don't know how to solve this problem though, I had this problem and I configured everything from zero.

Try to select the same region you had before when you backed up your device. Maybe it helps, I'm not saying that it works but it's worth trying. But again, it has nothing to do with Link, or cable or usb port you're using. wipe does not help, forget it.

It might work when you restore on a completely different device though if you have (it worked for me).

Next time sync your contacts to gmail or any email service that you can sync back later, it's the best. Use sms backup app from app world, just in case. But if you have backup restore problem, you probably gonna have this problem in the future again (because of your current BBID). If you use new BBID it's highly possible that you won't face this problem in the future anymore.
    09-19-13 01:22 PM
    Try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...re-fix-845847/

Ive backed up from 10.1.0.2233 and restored to 10.1MR (previous version of link) successfully and from 10.1 MR to 10.2.0.1725 (latest 1.2 version of link) successfully.

The blackberry I.D bit is tricky so try to get it right.
    09-19-13 02:29 PM
    Ok guys, another day of trials, and still no luck.

I installed the newest BBLink in a hope to see if that would fix anything. To my (not so big) surprise, it didn`t.

What I also tried to do was to downgrade to a previous OS version for the same one that would match an older backup.

Did all of that and still could get no restore going.

I wonder if the official OS 10.2 would fix my problem, my Z10 is really frustrating at this moment.

Followed all of the BBID steps advised, skipped it in initial setup, then logged in, removed SD card, removed SIM card, all sorts of things, NO LUCK...

Oh gosh.
    09-19-13 08:37 PM
    Latest update:

I updated again to 2.0.1725 and did a backup just to see if it would backup. It did backup and restore this specific backup to my device, but I cant use darcy`s tool to fool BBLINK into thinking the version of my previous backup is compatible with my phone.

Summarizing: Still no luck.
    09-19-13 09:36 PM
    I've experienced exactly like yours when upgrading from 1323 to 1443. After tried for hours keep clicking restore in the airplane mode suddenly it's restoring. Don't know why but seems this restore process is depends on your device's mood.

When i upgraded to 1725 i didn't do any security wipe and it's restoring on first try. All three of it (settings, media, app data).

Restoring problem came up with my device when i started applying security wipe. So, looks like my device don't need any security wipe, let the autoloader do its wipe alone.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 01:03 AM
    I've experienced exactly like yours when upgrading from 1323 to 1443. After tried for hours keep clicking restore in the airplane mode suddenly it's restoring. Don't know why but seems this restore process is depends on your device's mood.

When i upgraded to 1725 i didn't do any security wipe and it's restoring on first try. All three of it (settings, media, app data).

Restoring problem came up with my device when i started applying security wipe. So, looks like my device don't need any security wipe, let the autoloader do its wipe alone.

Posted via CB10
    I will install 10.2.0.1743 and keep you guys posted, pray for me!
    09-20-13 05:50 AM
    as long as its not the oficial update u can easly go to bb website but via internet explorer..and check plus ur usb in mobile and in the pge click software then check for update but u must conect ur device to pc so it can b detected,,when it get detected it will tell u update is available so hit update and it will install the latest oficial release !!!!
    good luck
    09-20-13 07:22 AM
    as long as its not the oficial update u can easly go to bb website but via internet explorer..and check plus ur usb in mobile and in the pge click software then check for update but u must conect ur device to pc so it can b detected,,when it get detected it will tell u update is available so hit update and it will install the latest oficial release !!!!
    good luck
    Heck, I am not american, but I do speak native english, I really tried hard to understand what you wrote but couldn't.

Anyways, thanks.
    09-20-13 07:34 AM
    Heck, I am not american, but I do speak native english, I really tried hard to understand what you wrote but couldn't.

Anyways, thanks.
    He is pointing at the "reload OS via Web update" instructions.

Google "blackberry 10 restore does not boot" - you night find the link.
    Alternatively, the BlackBerry update website should have instructions too.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 12:05 PM
    He is pointing at the "reload OS via Web update" instructions.

Google "blackberry 10 restore does not boot" - you night find the link.
    Alternatively, the BlackBerry update website should have instructions too.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the translation, however, I do not know how that could help me? Should I try it?

Just installed 1743 and tried to restore after, no sucess
    09-22-13 08:09 PM
52 123