OK everyone,
    Anyone experience this and know of a fix for it?

I downloaded and am running the new .1761! All is great except for one annoying thing---I can not keep or save the "Light" theme in my contacts on my Q10SQN100-1. I use BBLink to sync my contacts with my Office Outlook 2007 desktop program.

While in the contacts application, I go to the setting box on top (gear) and in the drop down, I change the theme to "light", sort order to "First" and then Turn Off every source I don't want, like LinkedIn, FB, etc., and then hit the back arrow to save it. --Turn off the app and turn it back on and nothing has changed--All sources are back on, sort code is Last and most annoying is that the theme is still set to "DARK".

I've tried turning off the phone after closing, reseting the phone, full reboot using volume key, and nothing works. Any help with this is really appreciated as I'm wearing thin on patience with it.

BTW, just had to link together 340 contacts of my 1034 contacts on my phone that occured while syncing--a real pain that I have not been able to find a true fix for after all these leaks.

Anyway, if anyone out there knows what I'm doing wrong, please, please take the time to post it! I thought I knew a lot about these OS's but guess I don't--LOL (not). Thanks Everyone!
    09-27-13 08:08 PM
    OK everyone,

I downloaded and am running the new .1761! All is great except for one annoying thing---I can not keep or save the "Light" theme in my contacts on my Q10SQN100-1. I use BBLink to sync my contacts with my Office Outlook 2007 desktop program.

While in the contacts application, I go to the setting box on top (gear) and in the drop down, I change the theme to "light", sort order to "First" and then Turn Off every source I don't want, like LinkedIn, FB, etc., and then hit the back arrow to save it. --Turn off the app and turn it back on and nothing has changed--All sources are back on, sort code is Last and most annoying is that the theme is still set to "DARK".

I've tried turning off the phone after closing, reseting the phone, full reboot using volume key, and nothing works. Any help with this is really appreciated as I'm wearing thin on patience with it.

BTW, just had to link together 340 contacts of my 1034 contacts on my phone that occured while syncing--a real pain that I have not been able to find a true fix for after all these leaks.

Anyway, if anyone out there knows what I'm doing wrong, please, please take the time to post it! I thought I knew a lot about these OS's but guess I don't--LOL (not). Thanks Everyone!
    I've had that problem since 10.0 on the z10. Obviously not the theme, considering it wasn't around in 10.0, but the contact settings don't stick (toggles, sort order etc)
    09-27-13 08:14 PM
    OK everyone,

This is funny(not your situation) because most want to keep it dark. Try extracting a .bar file for contacts from a previous build (w/o the dark option) and sideload it to your Z. Use the link in my thread for the 411 and app

The contacts have been a problem for most. I never sync.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 09-27-13 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Update.
    09-27-13 08:15 PM
    Did you guys restore from a backup? If so that's the reason, if you set your contacts up from the scratch it will do the deal. Had the same problem!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:16 PM
    Try installing channels, it seems to break dark theme for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:20 PM
    Did you guys restore from a backup? If so that's the reason, if you set your contacts up from the scratch it will do the deal. Had the same problem!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I do recall this being mentioned in the last two leaks.
    09-27-13 08:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you know how long it would take some of us who have over 1000 contacts with images and links to facebook, linkedin and other apps???
    I have Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1725 and it stuck on black as I wanted after a few days...so I'd say: give it some time to settle in.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:34 PM
    This is funny(not your situation) because most want to keep it dark. Try extracting a .bar file for contacts from a previous build (w/o the dark option) and sideload it to your Z. Use the link in my thread for the 411 and app

Hey-go figure--I'm probably the only one that wants the light theme, but I only want it on the app I want it on-lol--contacts. I'm on Q so I'll have to find the contact bar file from a Q thread to side load it. After this being the maybe 8th time time I've updated and had to deal with the sync issue of duplicates (even wrote a long fix on it that no longer works with 10.2-lol) I'm afraid that if I sideload the bar file it will cause sync issues once again. You know--one thing that is no longer available, is the cool check boxes that allowed you to check which source you wanted to show on your contacts. It's now only one choice which nearly always has to be "ALL"--Maybe someone has a bar file laying around from an older build for a Q--
    09-27-13 08:36 PM
    Do you know how long it would take some of us who have over 1000 contacts with images and links to facebook, linkedin and other apps???
    I have Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1725 and it stuck on black as I wanted after a few days...so I'd say: give it some time to settle in.

Posted via CB10
    Took me about 2 hours this time while at my desk working in between. Yeah, its a pain.
    There is a glimmer of hope as every once in a while when I open it up, it's "Light" but then I can't help myself and close it and reopen only to find total disappointment and a reason to have a drink! I'll give it some time to learn how to save it. LOL
    09-27-13 08:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well I have more than a thousand contacts myself but I sync them with my mail account and Facebook so it took me about 20 minutes to set them all up again syncing them back onto my device. It's a fact that the theme issue is caused by restoring from a backup, I remember that I asked on here because I had the same problem!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Contacts are set in the settings so yes it was a restore, however, the contacts are in the BBLink Cloud so, with Outlook 2007/10, unlike an exchange service/web service like MS Exchange, Google, etc, when you sync with Outlook, the first time it stores your outlook contact folder on your PC to their Link cloud, but not in the cloud that you can change on the web or through an admin.

That said, as soon as you load the OS it starts to populate as the contact app i on the phone is baked into the OS. The theme color is with in the bar file that controls the contact application as I understand it, so starting from scratch and just doing a straight sync one-way from the PC to the Device, won't change how the theme color is shown, it will just probably add to the already 1000 contacts and then I'd have 2000 contacts with 600 duplicates---LOL. I may be wrong on this but I don't think so--Though I am a lot
    Update: I just read your post that just came in and I do not mean to sound as though I'm doubting you. And, I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm implying that--not what I meant.
    09-27-13 08:47 PM
    Well I have more than a thousand contacts myself but I sync them with my mail account and Facebook so it took me about 20 minutes to set them all up again syncing them back onto my device. It's a fact that the theme issue is caused by restoring from a backup, I remember that I asked on here because I had the same problem!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's caused by restoring settings.. but it's not just the theme. The theme made then issue appear more widespread but it's been around forever. None of the contact settings work.. that includes the newly added theme setting. I've had the issue since 10.0. Parental control and extended Web search within universal search doesn't seem to work either. Settings restore breaks a few things.

It's not only my address book, I also need my password keeper data. If I don't restore settings I'll lose my passwords and my remember as well. I do not sync my private data to cloud services, which includes passwords, address book and remember. I have hundreds of passwords and over 1000 contacts that I am not going to re-enter (lol) or sync. Edit: I don't use windows much, and my windows install didn't come with Outlook. Is there a free version of outlook? Last time I even touched the sw was outlook express over 10 years ago

All I need is selective backup and restore. Backup contacts (not contact settings) , password keeper (including settings) and remember. Stuff like that shouldn't be mashed in with "settings" (account data, notifications, etc) in the first place.

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong, password keeper could be a part of app data (like bookmarks... Which I'd also like to restore without restoring all my apps). Funny how we can restore individual databases ( passwords, contacts, locations, text messages etc) from bbos > bb10, but can't do it from Bb10>bb10
    09-27-13 09:36 PM
    Yes, it's caused by restoring settings.. but it's not just the theme. The theme made then issue appear more widespread but it's been around forever. None of the contact settings work.. that includes the newly added theme setting. I've had the issue since 10.0. Parental control and extended Web search within universal search doesn't seem to work either. Settings restore breaks a few things.

It's not only my address book, I also need my password keeper data. If I don't restore settings I'll lose my passwords and my remember as well. I do not sync my private data to cloud services, which includes passwords, address book and remember. I have hundreds of passwords and over 1000 contacts that I am not going to re-enter (lol) or sync. Edit: I don't use windows much, and my windows install didn't come with Outlook. Is there a free version of outlook? Last time I even touched the sw was outlook express over 10 years ago

All I need is selective backup and restore. Backup contacts (not contact settings) , password keeper (including settings) and remember. Stuff like that shouldn't be mashed in with "settings" (account data, notifications, etc) in the first place.

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong, password keeper could be a part of app data (like bookmarks... Which I'd also like to restore without restoring all my apps). Funny how we can restore individual databases ( passwords, contacts, locations, text messages etc) from bbos > bb10, but can't do it from Bb10>bb10
    I trust Blacklatino's opinion and have for years so I think I'll download the Contact bar file from an older OS build and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:45 PM
    I trust Blacklatino's opinion and have for years so I think I'll download the Contact bar file from an older OS build and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    I've tried that, (loading contact bars from different os') no change.
    Go for it, hopefully you have different results. If you do, let me know what os** you got the bar from
    09-27-13 09:56 PM
    I've tried that, (loading contact bars from different os') no change.
    Go for it, hopefully you have different results. If you do, let me know what os** you got the bar from
    Cool-thanks for all you info! I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 10:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Channels only breaks BBM dark theme.

Posted via Microwave Oven
    09-27-13 10:10 PM

Thanks again for your input buddy! Can you post or PM me your 411 link? Can't find it. Looking for an older (like maybe 1323) contact bar to sideload. I don't want to change anything else. Maybe Wu-Wei has it for one of his hybrids-i should ask him. Duh!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 11:24 AM
    On Q10 with 1767 I am getting and want the light themes. Clean install on exchange with over 3000 contacts. Takes about 8 hours to write the full address book, had a couple restarts in there when it looked like the sync was stalled at several points.

Have not tried to set dark themes yet so I can't report on that front.

I have not restored and need to deal with password keeper, when I did 1443 I did something restoring from my 9930 data set which if I remember right sidestepped other restore issues I wanted to avoid like overwriting apps etc. Had to remember a couple recent pwds but it helped with 100+ I didn't need to transfer manually.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 10:27 PM
    On Q10 with 1767 I am getting and want the light themes. Clean install on exchange with over 3000 contacts. Takes about 8 hours to write the full address book, had a couple restarts in there when it looked like the sync was stalled at several points.

Have not tried to set dark themes yet so I can't report on that front.

I have not restored and need to deal with password keeper, when I did 1443 I did something restoring from my 9930 data set which if I remember right sidestepped other restore issues I wanted to avoid like overwriting apps etc. Had to remember a couple recent pwds but it helped with 100+ I didn't need to transfer manually.

Posted via CB10
    I installed it today -previous 1761--neither will keep the light theme on contacts-simply won't save and remains in dark theme.cant save the light theme on either version even though the choice is there.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 11:47 PM
    Try clear local contact maybe and re-sync again
    Can't Keep "White Theme" in Contacts in OS .1761 on Q10-img_20131190.png

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 11:59 PM
    Try clear local contact maybe and re-sync again
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131190.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	206738

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I tried that on 1761 and today I loaded 1767 with the same result. The option exists but it won't save when you make the change.]
    Additionally, the sort order and contact source option changes won't save either. perhaps a "white/light" contact bar would work. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by go1ndr; 10-01-13 at 09:32 AM.
    10-01-13 01:00 AM
    UPDATE: Now on .1767 and same issues with not being able to go back and forth on the themes or ability to close contact sources. Loaded the 1767 OS and the issues were there, so I did a complete back up and then I wiped the phone, and besides taking forever, it went well. Restored everything (against my better judgement {test #1}) and loaded everything up. Forgot how nice it is to do a full restore-lol. At first I couldn't toggle back and forth in contacts like before, (fresh sync with Outlook 2007/no home contacts) but I tried again and it worked, but now its back to the dark theme and won't toggle to the light theme once again! Everything else is working correctly and all other apps allow toggling back and forth for the theme. Battery is still taking a hit but figure it's just settling in so we'll see as the time goes by. If after a couple of days it doesn't improve with all working well, then its a complete OS reload with wipe and no restore......Sure hope that is not going to be the case. Love this leak and just want it to be as close to perfect as can be. Maybe someone will find and post a bar file that works to keep the light theme on contacts only.
    10-03-13 07:48 PM
    I had a solid white theme sticking on Q10 with 1767 until... i used Link to connect to another machine that was not able to enable to use File Manager to connect with on the BB. Only did a back-up and it seemed like it should have enabled a wireless connection for that desktop. Instead the File Manger still won't connect and my calendar app now displays dark theme, even though it's set to Light.

Hopefully fixed in the carrier release but i must say it is kind of depressing to see these kind of seemingly simple settings issues continue to be challenges in the late leaks. No wonder the carriers take forever to clear releases if this is what's happening in the dev work at bbry they might have a right to be cautious.

Not a deal killer, it's a leak, we have to expect some of this.
    10-04-13 11:10 PM
    I had a solid white theme sticking on Q10 with 1767 until... i used Link to connect to another machine that was not able to enable to use File Manager to connect with on the BB. Only did a back-up and it seemed like it should have enabled a wireless connection for that desktop. Instead the File Manger still won't connect and my calendar app now displays dark theme, even though it's set to Light.

Hopefully fixed in the carrier release but i must say it is kind of depressing to see these kind of seemingly simple settings issues continue to be challenges in the late leaks. No wonder the carriers take forever to clear releases if this is what's happening in the dev work at bbry they might have a right to be cautious.

Not a deal killer, it's a leak, we have to expect some of this.
    As I have mentioned so many times on the different 1767 threads including this one that is my thread, mine phone like your, is stuck in the "dark" mode for contacts. For all other applications, I have the ability to toggle back and forth between the light and dark theme and save the changes, but not in contacts. It has something to do with the settings or app data which I restored on this particular leak. Still it is a puzzle why it works in all other applications but not in contacts--and furthermore, it will go to the "light or white" theme sometimes when you do a restart of the phone, but it will only hold until you close the contact app once again. I for one (I know I'm pretty much alone on this) would like to have the light theme on the contacts as I have many(1100+) and need to constantly look them up for business. Anyway, I don't believe it is a software leak issue, I believe it has to do with restoring information as mentioned for other issues. Thought about sideloading a bar from a "pre-dark" theme build, but figured it wouldn't work. Someone will figure it out, and like you, until then, it's not a deal buster!
    10-08-13 04:40 PM