Hey all.

My carrier has recently rolled out 4G LTE in town. So I went to their store and asked for a new SIM card and installed it in my Z10. It didn't connect to the LTE network. Then I recalled reading a thread about an LTE connection issue with .1055 in which it was advised that the leak should be loaded with the SIM card uninstalled and setting phone and accounts done using with WiFi only. Once everything was set, SIM card should be installed to get carrier information on the device. So I did all that, no data restore, ran Security Wipe and still no LTE connection.

Since that didn't work, I went to the carrier store again and asked them if there was an issue with my data account setup or if I had to upgrade to a different plan. They told me that wasn't necessary and that I should wait for a Software Update from BlackBerry supporting LTE connectivity from my carrier on the device. I just checked Sachesi and the latest official OS from them for the Z10 -3 is 10.1.0.4633. Do I really have to wait for this? Maybe it'll work if I downgrade to .1791 or .1809? Is it accurate that BlackBerry adds carrier by carrier LTE support within Software Updates, or should that just work out of the box? Thanks in advance

Device model: Unlocked AT&T branded Z10 STL 100-3 running OS 10.2.1.1055
    Carrier/Country: Tigo (Colombia Movil) using AWS band for LTE/Colombia
    12-11-13 04:53 PM
    Hmm, checking Wikipedia tells me that that specific LTE network is 1700MHz, which should work with the STL100-3. When I put 1055 with a radio on my Z30 STA100-5, I didn't have to jump through any hoops to get LTE service.

Perhaps you could check the escreens?
    qmendiv likes this.
    12-11-13 05:17 PM
    This probably doesn't apply to your case but just in case:
    AT&T in USA provisions SIM card based on the IMEI number you provide to them.
    Example:
    I have unlocked T-Mobile Q10, switched to AT&T prepaid and at they asked me for the IMEI number. AT&T didn't recognize the phone as smart/compatable so they only provisioned the account with HSPA (3G). Their is no bypass of that, no one can manually provision accounts legally. So what I did, I gave them IMEI number from a friend's AT&T phone pretending I upgraded and i've got LTE right a way.

So if your carrier ever asked you for IMEI, it might be worth trying.

P.S. This has nothing to do with the fact that your phone is from AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    qmendiv likes this.
    12-11-13 06:00 PM
    Hmm, checking Wikipedia tells me that that specific LTE network is 1700MHz, which should work with the STL100-3. When I put 1055 with a radio on my Z30 STA100-5, I didn't have to jump through any hoops to get LTE service.

Hey thurask, thanks for replying!

Tried to unlock the escreen but it won't work
    12-11-13 06:08 PM

Hey! I managed to unlock the escreeen and this is what I get. Don't know for sure if I have to configure something there...
    Can't connect to recently rolled out 4G LTE network with .1055 leak-img_20131372.png Can't connect to recently rolled out 4G LTE network with .1055 leak-img_20131373.png Can't connect to recently rolled out 4G LTE network with .1055 leak-img_20131374.png
    12-13-13 06:45 AM
    Try forcing it to LTE only from the RATs drop down menu although probably it wouldn't work. Did you try the trick with the IMEI?

Posted via CB10
    qmendiv likes this.
    12-13-13 07:59 AM
    Try forcing it to LTE only from the RATs drop down menu although probably it wouldn't work. Did you try the trick with the IMEI?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I did the IMEI thing. Still nothing. Gonna force it to LTE only...
    Update: LTE only didn't work. I'm considering a downgrade to .1809 for testing purposes only.
    12-13-13 08:03 AM
    4G LTE rollout isn't complete yet! Maybe you're in an area without it
    I am not certain about the device version you have, but from the E screen and region, you either have -2 or -3
    Both of these support LTE OTB, and shouldn't have anything to do with your OS
    12-13-13 08:08 AM
    4G LTE rollout isn't complete yet! Maybe you're in an area without it
    I am not certain about the device version you have, but from the E screen and region, you either have -2 or -3
    Both of these support LTE OTB, and shouldn't have anything to do with your OS
    I'm in Barranquilla, Colombia and the service has rolled out in most areas of the city. A friend of mine works installing and testing the LTE network on the carrier antennas. He's told me there is LTE signal in this area.

I brought up the software topic because that's what they told me at the carrier store and also in the carrier forums, people with Android LTE-enabled phones running KitKat are reporting that they had to downgrade to official JellyBean to get it to work.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 08:27 AM
    What does your Network Settings screen look like? Specifically the dropdown:

Can't connect to recently rolled out 4G LTE network with .1055 leak-img_00001336.png

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:50 AM
    What does your Network Settings screen look like? Specifically the dropdown:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001336.png 
Views:	215 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	229588

Posted via CB10
    Network mode: 4G & 3G & 2G selected in the dropdown menu.
    Have tried both Automatic and Manual Selection Mode. Nothing.
    12-13-13 11:58 AM
    Wait a second, a friend of yours told you there is LTE signal is not the same as the LTE is turned up/provisioned for the masses.
    Did you actually see and touch a device on the same network at the same city/area that has LTE?

If you haven't, you are waisting our time.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:00 PM