06-03-15 01:41 PM
99 1234
tools
    You should know as well that once 10.3.2 becomes official and you update, you will never be able to go back to a previous OS because of the anti-theft feature.

Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.680
    Yeah I know but why would I want to go back from a stable build

-Do you envy my Passport much?-
    06-01-15 02:13 PM
    Yeah I know but why would I want to go back from a stable build

-Do you envy my Passport much?-
    Not all official updates are stable for everyone just as leaks are not.
    Trust me, folks still complain and they wanna go back but this time, there will be no going back.

Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.BLACKBERRY
    06-01-15 02:18 PM
    This will now and forever more bring tears of laughter!!! LMMFAO!!!!
    what does the 2nd M stand for ?
    06-01-15 02:20 PM
    Once you load 10.3.2, you CANNOT go back. This was done intentionally by BlackBerry. No way going back.
    Is there a thread dedicated to this topic somewhere?

I'm glad I stumbled upon this. I'll be receiving a new Z30 and I'll be sure to not update it from 10.2.x whatever comes on it. There's no way I want to be stuck with all the bugs in 10.3.

On another note, I think it's overly invasive that BlackBerry is preventing even autoloaders from working now. It's my phone, I'll put whatever OS I want on it. Driver support aside, If Dell computer locked users into Windows 8 and actively prevented them from installing Windows 7, there'd be a lawsuit.
    playfoot likes this.
    06-01-15 02:47 PM
    what does the 2nd M stand for ?
    Guessing the 2nd M stands for "mother"?!

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and Thachoc1 like this.
    06-01-15 02:53 PM

I'm glad I stumbled upon this. I'll be receiving a new Z30 and I'll be sure to not update it from 10.2.x whatever comes on it. There's no way I want to be stuck with all the bugs in 10.3.

On another note, I think it's overly invasive that BlackBerry is preventing even autoloaders from working now. It's my phone, I'll put whatever OS I want on it. Driver support aside, If Dell computer locked users into Windows 8 and actively prevented them from installing Windows 7, there'd be a lawsuit.
    It's the law in some States now. It is a big deterrent to theft. Other manufacturers are doing the same.

"The law represent an attempt to reduce rampant smartphone theft. Approximately 30% to 40% of robberies in major US cities involve the theft of mobile communications devices, according to the San Francisco district attorney's office. In San Francisco, that figure is 65%."

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    habs_fan and D3C0D3R like this.
    06-01-15 03:01 PM
    It's the law in some States now. It is a big deterrent to theft. Other manufacturers are doing the same.

"The law represent an attempt to reduce rampant smartphone theft. Approximately 30% to 40% of robberies in major US cities involve the theft of mobile communications devices, according to the San Francisco district attorney's office. In San Francisco, that figure is 65%."

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    California and Minnesota for now.

The terms of the California implementation are probably why:

"The legislation requires a system that, if triggered by an authorized user, will lock a handset to essentially make it useless. The feature must be installed and activated in new smartphones, but users will be able to deactivate it if they desire, and it must be resistant to attempts to reinstall the operating system."

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and muindor like this.
    06-01-15 03:21 PM
    Once you load 10.3.2, you CANNOT go back. This was done intentionally by BlackBerry. No way going back.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

I'm glad I stumbled upon this.
    Warnings are posted on every 10.3.2.x autoloader /live/Blitz/etc thread about this. No stumbling required.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.680
    diegonei likes this.
    06-01-15 03:49 PM

any official 10.3.1 has no problems. And you should update it. It allows you to move up and down as much as you like.

10.3.2 is new, beta release, which locks your phone in 10.3.2 AND provides a much better theft protection! If you worry about stability - do not load leak. Just stay with official 10.3.1

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    06-01-15 03:53 PM
    Hi there I used sanchesi to install 10.3.2.680. But what's app has become totally slow and android based apps hang

I tried to use autoloaders but it just goes all d way to loading ram image and quits

Need help mate's

Posted via CB10
    Reload using LINK. Simple as that
    Hope that helps, Im pretty sure it will
    06-01-15 03:55 PM
    You can't do that if you're not in the beta program. Device will brick.

You can only use 10.3.2.680 autoloader again if issues need to be fixed.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-01-15 04:01 PM
    That won't help. 10.3.2 isn't official. Link restores official. If you loaded 10.3.2.680 it is not official. Therefore link will not restore official. Best thing he can do is re-run the autoloader for 680 and don't restore

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-01-15 04:06 PM
    You can't do that if you're not in the beta program. Device will brick.

You can only use 10.3.2.680 autoloader again if issues need to be fixed.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Oh, Forgot about that
    06-01-15 04:07 PM
    That won't help. 10.3.2 isn't official. Link restores official. If you loaded 10.3.2.680 it is not official. Therefore link will not restore official. Best thing he can do is re-run the autoloader for 680 and don't restore

Oh forgot about that
    Double post

and it must be resistant to attempts to reinstall the operating system."
    Fine - so make the phone prompt for a password before an autoloader can write a new OS to it.

Sorry, but this irks me to no end. BlackBerry releases an update full of bugs and other undesirable features, and there's no way for a user to return to a stable release, or one that offers features the user wants (Flash, simplified search app and a proper calendar just to name a few...).
    playfoot likes this.
    06-01-15 04:11 PM
    any official 10.3.1 has no problems. And you should update it. It allows you to move up and down as much as you like.

10.3.2 is new, beta release, which locks your phone in 10.3.2 AND provides a much better theft protection! If you worry about stability - do not load leak. Just stay with official 10.3.1
    So if BlackBerry locks users out of rolling back, does that mean they won't put out broken, bug-riddled updates with missing features from now on?
    playfoot and theonecid like this.
    06-01-15 04:13 PM
    Fine - so make the phone prompt for a password before an autoloader can write a new OS to it.

Sorry, but this irks me to no end. BlackBerry releases an update full of bugs and other undesirable features, and there's no way for a user to return to a stable release, or one that offers features the user wants (Flash, simplified search app and a proper calendar just to name a few...).
    To be fair, they released this 'update full of bugs' only to selected voluntary beta testers as of yet. Flash is available btw Missing Adobe Flash on 10.3.1? Here's the best way to get it back! | CrackBerry.com
    06-01-15 04:20 PM

Are you for real? BlackBerry did not release anything. This is a closed beta with full disclosure to participants so before you go on about bugs, I suggest read up on all the details.
    06-01-15 04:25 PM

From the actual text of the California bill:

"A technological solution
    may consist of software, hardware, or a combination of both
    software and hardware, and when enabled, shall be able to
    withstand a hard reset or operating system downgrade
    and shall
    prevent reactivation of the smartphone on a wireless network except
    by an authorized user."

So in order to sell a phone in California, you must disable loading any OS prior to that including the kill switch feature. Having specific OS plans for one state in one country is overkill for pretty much any company, hence the policy.

Don't like it? Write a letter to Jerry Brown.
    06-01-15 04:30 PM
    If you were able to put an older OS on the device, it would no longer be compliant with the kill switch law. So that's a non-starter.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-01-15 04:31 PM
    To be fair, they released this 'update full of bugs' only to selected voluntary beta testers as of yet. Flash is available btw Missing Adobe Flash on 10.3.1? Here's the best way to get it back! | CrackBerry.com
    I'm talking about 10.3 in general - it's full of bugs. If this anti-rollback feature had been implemented in 10.3, there'd be a lot of seriously unhappy campers.
    gemoelle and playfoot like this.
    06-01-15 04:42 PM
    So in order to sell a phone in California, you must disable loading any OS prior to that including the kill switch feature. Having specific OS plans for one state in one country is overkill for pretty much any company, hence the policy.

Don't like it? Write a letter to Jerry Brown.
    I'm in Canada, I don't fancy having the laws of the People's Republic of California imparted on me.
    playfoot likes this.
    06-01-15 04:44 PM
    I'm in Canada, I don't fancy having the laws of the People's Republic of California imparted on me.
    The laws will spread everywhere eventually. You can be sure.

Police in Canada are calling for it, but the government has said it doesn't necessarily need to legislate because if the US requires it, it will get done anyway.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-01-15 04:47 PM
    I'm talking about 10.3 in general - it's full of bugs. If this anti-rollback feature had been implemented in 10.3, there'd be a lot of seriously unhappy campers.
    I don't think it's full of bugs. On the other hand you might be right but then again you are always going to find bugs in almost every single piece of software if you keep looking hard enough.

But it hasn't been implemented in 10.3 :-O
    06-01-15 04:55 PM
99 1234