My new Z30 will be delivered today. Was trying to do a backup on my Z10 to prepare a seamless transfer to my Z30. When I attempt to restore I get an error "Backup did not complete"...."Verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry Link, and try again.". The phone syncs and I can even view my photos, movies, etc but refused to backup. I'm currently on .2072. I even tried using an older version of Link but it's a no go.

Any suggestion?
    04-22-15 02:09 PM
    Some rogue app is messing it up. You can try doing a selective backup and try to identify the culprit.

Backup data only, then settings only, the apps only (this is where it should get insteresting). If apps fail, you're gonna have to guess which apps you installed since your ast backup that could be the reason (usualy it's some scumbag android app).
    04-22-15 02:13 PM
    Ok, I tried doing the selective backup but I couldn't even get passed the configuration part. When i get to the "Select data to include in your backup files" part, the "circle" thingy just kind of hangs there and it says "No data available for back"........
    04-22-15 03:16 PM
    I'm in the exact same situation as OP. Been a week since my passport arrived, but I haven't been able to switch from my z30 because of this backup issue. Even sachesi doesn't seem to be working.
    04-23-15 05:21 PM
    Ouch! My Z10 refuses to be backed up and I have tried quite a number of times! Whether I am using Link or Sachesi (2.0) it hangs at 8-9% and in Link, always when attempting to backup the BlackBerry Runtime. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Link, disable the antivirus, left the backup process running all night and in all instances, it doesn't get past the BB Runtime file.

The phone has over 3GB of free space, and the laptop has almost 100GB of free space on the drive I am using. Prior to this latest episode, I have not had an issue with backing up.

Thoughts, ideas, anyone? TIA!
    04-23-15 06:57 PM
    My new Z30 will be delivered today. Was trying to do a backup on my Z10 to prepare a seamless transfer to my Z30. When I attempt to restore I get an error "Backup did not complete"...."Verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry Link, and try again.". The phone syncs and I can even view my photos, movies, etc but refused to backup. I'm currently on .2072. I even tried using an older version of Link but it's a no go.

Any suggestion?
    Ok, I tried doing the selective backup but I couldn't even get passed the configuration part. When i get to the "Select data to include in your backup files" part, the "circle" thingy just kind of hangs there and it says "No data available for back"........
    I've had exactly the same two problems as above ever since I upgraded my Passport to SR 10.3.1.1779 (OS 10.3.1.2576)

I'm not on a Beta, but this was the only pertinent thread I could see to post to.

Any other ideas anyone? TIA.....
    05-03-15 12:22 PM