03-31-14 05:52 PM
45 12
tools
    Everything mentioned so far i've tried. It's not a APN issue. I have been setting APNs for every phone I've owned simply because I have never purchased a phone from a carrier so I know what I am doing.

And yes, I can send(but will not seceive it) a MMS to my self as well as everyone else. I just don't get any, no pictures, not voice, no text, no notification text that msg is ready to be downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:36 PM
    Everything mentioned so far i've tried. It's not a APN issue. I have been setting APNs for every phone I've owned simply because I have never purchased a phone from a carrier so I know what I am doing.

And yes, I can send(but will not seceive it) a MMS to my self as well as everyone else. I just don't get any, no pictures, not voice, no text, no notification text that msg is ready to be downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    I really think your situation is fixable. I always used APNs as well, so I knew that wasn't the problem. Which carrier are you on?

The AT&T settings given here worked for me once I got them right.

After you loaded 1055, did you do a security wipe or not? The settings are different, depending. Tell me what the APN field has in it on your Mobile Network APN setting, and which, if any fields, can be filled in.
    11-19-13 09:15 PM
    I really think your situation is fixable. I always used APNs as well, so I knew that wasn't the problem. Which carrier are you on?

The AT&T settings given here worked for me once I got them right.

After you loaded 1055, did you do a security wipe or not? The settings are different, depending. Tell me what the APN field has in it on your Mobile Network APN setting, and which, if any fields, can be filled in.
    Here you go:

Can you receive MMS with 10.2.1.1055 Q10 on AT&T network-img_00000576.png

The APN is phone.

I will tell you why it isn't fixible: because I can send without an issue but not receive, tried like 100 time already from most carriers.
    If it's worth mentioning, before 1055, I was able to receive MMS but not always. Some times I would get the text the other party typed but not the attachment. Probably AT&T to blame for that.
    Tried reflashing without wwipe with wipe, before, after - no matter how I can send MMS without issue.

By the way, I now have bigger problem - I've got the "PS Attach" syndrom and there is no solution for that - event Reload with BlackBerry Link doesn't fix it.

If I ever somehow fix that, which I doubt, I will stop installing leaks.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:53 PM
    Here you go:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000576.png 
Views:	816 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	222488

The APN is phone.

I will tell you why it isn't fixible: because I can send without an issue but not receive, tried like 100 time already from most carriers.
    If it's worth mentioning, before 1055, I was able to receive MMS but not always. Some times I would get the text the other party typed but not the attachment. Probably AT&T to blame for that.
    Tried reflashing without wwipe with wipe, before, after - no matter how I can send MMS without issue.

By the way, I now have bigger problem - I've got the "PS Attach" syndrom and there is no solution for that - event Reload with BlackBerry Link doesn't fix it.

If I ever somehow fix that, which I doubt, I will stop installing leaks.

Posted via CB10
    OK, I agree, it doesn't look good for you in terms of adjusting the settings and making it work.

Couple questions: What do you have Routing Preference set for? Mine is set for CircuitSwitchedPreferred. Probably has nothing to do with it.

Also, you say that "Name" is phone. Is that fixed in the APN settings for the AT&T Mobile Network? If the phone had been wiped after the OS install, the fields in the Mobile Network would be open and not fixed, in which case you might have to put in the MMSC Settings there, too.

Sounds as though you have done everything, though. If you can send (and the intended recipient gets your MMS's), then it does sound like an AT&T issue. At this point I'd call AT&T and tell them you've had this problem even with an official OS, which you did.

I don't know what the PS Attach syndrome is.

Good luck.
    Last edited by KenV54; 11-19-13 at 11:17 PM.
    11-19-13 11:06 PM
    OK, I agree, it doesn't look good for you in terms of adjusting the settings and making it work.

Couple questions: What do you have Routing Preference set for? Mine is set for CircuitSwitchedPreferred. Probably has nothing to do with it.

Also, you say that "Name" is phone. Is that fixed in the APN settings for the AT&T Mobile Network? If the phone had been wiped after the OS install, the fields in the Mobile Network would be open and not fixed, in which case you might have to put in the MMSC Settings there, too.

Sounds as though you have done everything, though. If you can send (and the intended recipient gets your MMS's, then it does sound like an AT&T issue. At this point I'd call AT&T and tell them you've had this problem even with an official OS, which you did.

I don't know what the PS Attach syndrome is.

Good luck.
    Done that too. The problem it's a T-Mobile phone so they stop there with support. What AT&T does is simply not sending some pics: it's seems like from guys with rooted phones that have set higher size. Otherwise, I was able to receive MMS before.
    And about the "PS Attach" syndrom, you better never find out cause it's a syndrom, and like a syndrom it's permanent. All I can say leaks are not trully harmless, I got heart.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:15 PM
    Done that too. The problem it's a T-Mobile phone so they stop there with support. What AT&T does is simply not sending some pics: it's seems like from guys with rooted phones that have set higher size. Otherwise, I was able to receive MMS before.
    And about the "PS Attach" syndrom, you better never find out cause it's a syndrom, and like a syndrom it's permanent. All I can say leaks are not trully harmless, I got heart.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. T-Mobile phone, ATT Sim, carrier unauthorized leak. I'm out of ideas. Sorry.
    11-19-13 11:50 PM
    Hmm. T-Mobile phone, ATT Sim, carrier unauthorized leak. I'm out of ideas. Sorry.
    LoL someone brain washed you, stop watching TV.
    There are standards and technologies and if they are met, it doesn't matter who's logo is on the front of the device.
    Anyway, I wasn't asking for help, the point of this thread was to show if there are other people with similar problems. Also, little by little I am starting to realize that the leaks we install don't appear to be equal accross devices. The MMS is one example, another one is the absence of "auto correction notification" e.g. vibrate on word swap. I lost this function in my menu since 10.2.0.1043. And I have wiped and restored many times - it never came back.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:10 AM
    What model Q10 do you have? Is it possible that the radio for your device isn't compatible with the frequency that AT&T is trying to use to deliver your mms?
    Also, do you restore information from a backup file?

Z10 STL100-3
    11-20-13 09:48 AM
    What model Q10 do you have? Is it possible that the radio for your device isn't compatible with the frequency that AT&T is trying to use to deliver your mms?
    Also, do you restore information from a backup file?

Z10 STL100-3
    No, that is not possible. MMS are simply using mobile data forwarded to a server through a proxy.
    SQN100-5 but that doesn't matter.
    11-20-13 05:21 PM
    No, that is not possible. MMS are simply using mobile data forwarded to a server through a proxy.
    SQN100-5 but that doesn't matter.
    I figured it was a bit of a reach. You're right, it shouldn't matter what frequency you're on for data.

However, I was more interested in whether or not you restored from a backup file. Did you?

Z10 STL100-3
    11-20-13 06:18 PM
    Never done back up, never restored.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:56 PM
    Hm. I don't know, then, sorry. Aside from issues with backup and incorrect mms settings, I have no idea what it may have been. Sorry! Good luck. I guess you'll have to wait for another leak :/ (or an official release).

Z10 STL100-3
    11-20-13 08:02 PM
    Thanks. I actually stopped asking for help long time ago. Just wanted to see if there is more cases like mine.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 09:09 PM
    I had this issue on my Z (or a similar one). I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I had to change the APN, Proxy and URL.
    I added:
    APN: phone
    MMSC Address: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    Proxy Address : proxy.mobile.att.net:80

Everything else is blank. (the service center address is filled in under sms, though.

You may have tried changing your information, but it may help to double check it and make sure it was all right. Good luck.

The suggestion earlier left a "T" out, so make sure it's ".att.net"

Actually, after reading about similar issues earlier, I copied the exact information down from my knowingly working .1803 settings before I loaded .1055.

Z10 STL100-3
    ^ this works. It's strange. It sends, shows a check mark like it worked then reverts to an x like it didn't but it did send.

Thou art posted from z10
    11-22-13 04:58 PM
    Having the same problem on my Z10 on AT&T network.
    Can't send or receive MMS.
    11-26-13 10:11 AM
    The answer is all over the place in various threads in the Beta forum. Although I didn't solve it single-handedly, you can search the forum using my sign-in name to come up with solutions, which may vary according to your situation.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 10:30 AM
    Thanks this worked for me.

Z10
    11-26-13 10:53 AM
    That is not the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:25 PM
    Able to send AND receive MMS to/from multiple parties.
    11-26-13 07:29 PM
    Thanks. Was having GoPhone issues with my MMS on unlocked Z30 but these settings fixed it. AT&T tech support were unable to get it working.
    03-31-14 05:52 PM
45 12