02-11-14 05:06 PM
40 12
tools
    Sure they've acknowledged it. They're just not promoting it.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    Exactly what I meant to say. Haha I forgot a sentence there

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:49 AM
    Has anyone though that BlackBerry allows Snap to exist as a crutch to prop up BB10 for now. When Google allows BlackBerry World to officially access their store then I can see Snap ceasing.

It's called a relationship of necessity at this point. Everything will come to fruition soon.

Z10 10.2.1.1925 via CB10
    chris8189 likes this.
    02-07-14 07:42 AM
    Why dont we just ask the developer to release it as an APK?

this would make it way more easy to distribute then any other way. Just PM the ones to want to have it on BBM and send them the apk.

Just my 2cents.

Any thoughts on this?
    2 good reasons why we shouldn't:
    1. The developer is doing it for free. Seems a bit rude to petition him.
    2. If can't be an apk becuase then it would be an android app. Native apps are bar files.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    02-07-14 08:15 AM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry allow direct install of BARs (when it now does for APKs)?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:23 AM
    The question is did the developer of Snap actually submit the app to Blackberry at all?

I don't think BB would worry about competition from snap. When they allowing apk to be installed, they already embraces android world. The key to get BB permit is that Snap has to approve that if will not store any user credential to its own server.
    Last edited by yeek; 02-07-14 at 12:01 PM.
    02-07-14 11:01 AM
    Has anyone though that BlackBerry allows Snap to exist as a crutch to prop up BB10 for now. When Google allows BlackBerry World to officially access their store then I can see Snap ceasing.

It's called a relationship of necessity at this point. Everything will come to fruition soon.
    That BlackBerry purposely left the Android Runtime unlocked so the non developer could Sideload most (some anyway) any app they wanted on the PlayBook and BB10.... of course they are unofficially using Android to prop up their platform. I think originally it was meant as a temporary patch, until the more permanent solution of apps being available in BlackBerry World was ready. Don't think they ever even considered that developers wouldn't want to support BlackBerry.

REALLY wonder why they had started locking the runtime in some of the version of BB10.1.... If at some point they are forced to lock it on the official releases, it will be a disaster.
    02-07-14 11:34 AM
    I ask you all, pleeeease. Don't ruin a good thing. Enjoy snap for yourselves, tell some friends even and show them how to install it, but don't start petitions. Your good intentions may kill off what we have.

If Snap could be in BlackBerry world it would be.....It's a sensitive issue with android apps not working well yet.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    chris8189 likes this.
    02-07-14 09:48 PM
    the real reason it isnt there has nothing to do with blackberry not wanting people to use android. Its due to no agreement with google and others to use their apps. last thing they want to do is offer up this software and then get sued by the google play store for unauthorized use of programs which might cost them money. It has nothing to do with the whole android vs bb10 argument. they arent pushing it they arent responsible for it. Basically they allow it to go on as long as their is no legal problem from it.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-07-14 10:04 PM
    Snap allows BB10 to be the best(most stable OS ... ok... flame-war erupts here...) Android platform out there. This has been a long time coming. Keep up the great work folks. I'm now able to get every app I need on BB10... previously this wasn't possible. This is a huge BB10 enabler! BB10 just needs this app to be in the BBMarketplace so the typical consumer has access to it and doesn't have to go through the sideloading process.... It's not perfect... but it's approaching AWESOME. It's not competing with the BBMarketplace... remember... The BBMarketplace is behind Android(volumewise) & this helps them catch up...
    02-08-14 09:24 AM
    This won't happen. Let's just consider this proposition for a moment. An Android app store within BlackBerry World?! I think not.
    02-08-14 03:35 PM
    Really. Common sense, this will never happen due to legal issues. BlackBerry is allowing apk submission to bbw so they can have there own amazon type app store with a mix of apk and bar files.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    02-08-14 11:24 PM
    I really doubt Google would be OK with that. I'd like to see it happen, but I just don't.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 07:46 PM
    Ummm idk. I don't want Google to block Snap. I'm kind of loving it. Haha I say we just leave it as it is.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    chris8189 likes this.
    02-10-14 08:24 PM
    Ummm idk. I don't want Google to block Snap. I'm kind of loving it. Haha I say we just leave it as it is.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    Me too.
    02-11-14 02:12 PM
    I don't understand though, why are blackberry allowing BBM to be on the play store and iTunes yet, we aren't allowed android and is apps on our phones? It's stupid...

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 05:06 PM
40 12