I've checked the stickied threads but they all seem to assume I know wth I'm doing. I backed up my Z10 with link already (once I deleted the app that was stopping that from happening) and I downloaded the file for the hybrid OS I was going to try, but thats as far as I made it. Every time I try to open the file, it tells me to pick a program to open it with and I make it no further than that.

What am I missing/doing wrong?
    06-25-13 08:10 AM
    Harry, which version of the Z10 do you have? Just going by your thread title, I suggest you find a full auto loader for your model phone and install it. Autoloaders are the easiest way. And seem to be the most stable.

Auto Corrected by BlackBerry 10 via CB10
    06-25-13 08:15 AM
    Try the sachup firmware grabber method.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:15 AM
    If it's a auto loader unzip the file plug your z in open the unzip file should start to load someone else can give much better instructions than myself hopes that helps

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:16 AM
    06-25-13 08:37 AM
    Yeah...thats the thread I was using.
    06-25-13 08:48 AM
    Had to check again to make sure I wasn't on Reddit in the ELI5 sub... nope, still Crackberry. ;-)

Anyway -- there appears to be two methods here. Arguments for or against are valid. I *personally* think for a first go, using an autoloader is easiest. I'll use both depending on the situation, and after time you'll figure out which tool is best for the job. And you said you already had a file downloaded, which leads me to believe you already have an autoloader ready to go anyway.

On page two I made a very short run-down for someone on Verizon, trying to help get some Verizon users to stop worrying about waiting on them for 10.1. It seemed to help at least one guy. It's on page two:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon...38/index2.html

As for your question about what program to use when you double-click it: I have 7-Zip installed. It understands how to extract RAR files. Inside there is an *exe file that you run.
    Harry_Yambag likes this.
    06-25-13 10:19 AM
    Yeah...thats the thread I was using.
    I'm not sure what model you have STL100-??? or what carrier but basically it's really really easy if you are using an auto loader.

Make sure you have extracted the .exe (executable file) from the compressed image. It will almost always be in .rar

Then...

1. Perform a backup of your phone.
    2. Run the auto loader and a window comes up.
    3. This Window will start doing a background process.
    4. Connect the phone to the PC with the USB cable when the loader prompts you to.
    5. The loader then starts to communicate with the phone and will prompt you to enter the phones password.
    6. Enter the password and the loader will start loading the OS image.
    7. When finished, disconnect the phone and set it up as per the instructions that will be given to you by the phone. (like when you first got it).

Perform a restore if you like using BlackBerry link.

If you provide the model number wr can point in the direction of some leaks.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    Harry_Yambag likes this.
    06-25-13 10:52 AM
    Had to check again to make sure I wasn't on Reddit in the ELI5 sub... nope, still Crackberry. ;-)

Anyway -- there appears to be two methods here. Arguments for or against are valid. I *personally* think for a first go, using an autoloader is easiest. I'll use both depending on the situation, and after time you'll figure out which tool is best for the job. And you said you already had a file downloaded, which leads me to believe you already have an autoloader ready to go anyway.

On page two I made a very short run-down for someone on Verizon, trying to help get some Verizon users to stop worrying about waiting on them for 10.1. It seemed to help at least one guy. It's on page two:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon...38/index2.html

As for your question about what program to use when you double-click it: I have 7-Zip installed. It understands how to extract RAR files. Inside there is an *exe file that you run.
    I had to use the ELI5 title since all the current threads all seem to assume you have a certain level of knowledge/understanding of what you are doing. It seems like you already broke it down completely in your other post.

So basically, it looks like I really just have to dl the right program (7-zip) in order to open and use the file I already dl'ed.

Thanks, fellow redditor.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    06-25-13 10:55 AM
    I'm not sure what model you have STL100-??? or what carrier but basically it's really really easy if you are using an auto loader.

Make sure you have extracted the .exe (executable file) from the compressed image. It will almost always be in .rar

Then...

1. Perform a backup of your phone.
    2. Run the auto loader and a window comes up.
    3. This Window will start doing a background process.
    4. Connect the phone to the PC with the USB cable when the loader prompts you to.
    5. The loader then starts to communicate with the phone and will prompt you to enter the phones password.
    6. Enter the password and the loader will start loading the OS image.
    7. When finished, disconnect the phone and set it up as per the instructions that will be given to you by the phone. (like when you first got it).

Perform a restore if you like using BlackBerry link.

If you provide the model number wr can point in the direction of some leaks.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    It seems my only issue was being able to open that .rar file and extract the .exe.

STL100-3 btw. AT&T
    06-25-13 10:58 AM
    It seems my only issue was being able to open that .rar file and extract the .exe.

STL100-3 btw. AT&T
    That's why in that sticky it says to use WinRar or 7Zip to extract the exe

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1
    soapsudz likes this.
    06-25-13 11:48 AM
    Ok. I was able to get the new OS onto my phone but I seem to be having an issue restoring my phone. Every time I try to do it, it says BB ID not linked, go onto phone and turn on BB ID (or something like that). I did but it didn't help. I ended up choosing to install just the settings intstead of full restore and it got to 100% but just stayed there. Any ideas whats going on?
    06-25-13 06:52 PM
    Ok. I was able to get the new OS onto my phone but I seem to be having an issue restoring my phone. Every time I try to do it, it says BB ID not linked, go onto phone and turn on BB ID (or something like that). I did but it didn't help. I ended up choosing to install just the settings intstead of full restore and it got to 100% but just stayed there. Any ideas whats going on?
    Same BBID in Link and on your device? You're signed in to both? if you go to the BlackBerry Link site and log in does it work? I am leaving work in like 1 minute, so it'll be a while before I can check here again, but I am sure someone will chime in.
    06-25-13 06:59 PM
    How to extract the autoloader 10.1.0.2062 and upgrade? I don't want to wipe and setup again.
    06-25-13 07:37 PM
    Try power off / restart, when booted, place into airplane mode, settings/Network Connections.
    Connect to PC by USB cable and use link to restore again.

ronconet likes this.
    06-25-13 08:06 PM
    I don't know what I did but I eventually got it all restored and so far so good (fingers crossed on no more reboots). In the process of doing it on my other Z10 right now. It was a real PITA to get it to back up (even after deleting all apps) but I eventually got that to work too.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    06-25-13 09:09 PM
    I don't know what I did but I eventually got it all restored and so far so good (fingers crossed on no more reboots). In the process of doing it on my other Z10 right now. It was a real PITA to get it to back up (even after deleting all apps) but I eventually got that to work too.
    Yikes. Well I am glad you got it sorted. Without knowing what happened, I can just say to be sure to be logged in to BBID in Link and on your phone. (I guess it would not let you even attempt a restore unless they matched up.)

And I agree with bronco26: I like to be in airplane mode for any backups and restores. If for no other reason than I don't want any data changes while doing these things. Once the restore is done, I switch it back on and go through the fun of re-entering all my passwords. :-P

Obviously on a fresh install you have to be online for the minimum time it takes to log in to BBID so the restore can start.

Hoping your other Z goes smoother! It's usually a quite fast and painless process -- especially after you've done a couple.
    06-25-13 10:17 PM
    How to extract the autoloader 10.1.0.2062 and upgrade? I don't want to wipe and setup again.
    I guess you want to try Sachibar/Sachup. Sachup will extract the files from the autoloader. Sachibar will connect to your device and load bar files. Problem is, if you use Sachup to extract files from an autoloader, you'll end up with *.signed files. You want *.bar and I am not sure how to compress *.signed to *.bar. BAR files are just compressed files, but I am not 100% which compression algorithm is used. It may be as simple as zipping and renaming zip to bar, but I am not up for the experiment. ;-)

Probably safer (since you're using Sachup anyway) to just go out and get the fresh bar files from whichever carrier you want. I am not sure which carrier/country you want, but a list can be found here: Mobile country code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Great writeup can be found here. Second post for Sachup/Sachibar:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...chibar-812685/
    3hb78ftg and ewakil12 like this.
    06-25-13 10:36 PM
    Hey Harry, Quite the learning curve first time around...It will be a lot easier next time...You're doing fine, I had the same experience as you. Good luck. It is well worth it. Fun too after a while...
    06-26-13 02:24 AM
    Thank you everyone for the help. Both phones have been upgraded to 2354 with radio 1721 (STL100-3 AT&T). So far both phones have made it over night without a reboot (doesn't sound like much but trust me, its pretty common to reboot over night). Hopefully, our reboots are gone.

I am having one problem though, I'm not able to sync back up my Yahoo account. It keeps telling me to try to login to my yahoo mail account and try again (that doesn't work either). Any ideas on how to fix this?
    06-26-13 08:01 AM
    Thank you everyone for the help. Both phones have been upgraded to 2354 with radio 1721 (STL100-3 AT&T). So far both phones have made it over night without a reboot (doesn't sound like much but trust me, its pretty common to reboot over night). Hopefully, our reboots are gone.

I am having one problem though, I'm not able to sync back up my Yahoo account. It keeps telling me to try to login to my yahoo mail account and try again (that doesn't work either). Any ideas on how to fix this?
    In the past, I have found that waiting about 12 hours and then trying worked (this was a tip from a crackberry user), so you may have solved your problem by now. However T-Joker has found a solution:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...around-821540/
    06-27-13 09:33 AM
    Okay, so I know how to run the autoloader and all thanks to some great help from people like Kris and others, but now I'm confused on the Radio files part. I understand that the autoloaders come with built in radio files and that the only reason to load a different radio file is if for stability, battery life, and issues like that. My questions are the following:

1. How do you install a different radio file after installing a leak on your phone?
    - Does it come with its own autoloader?

2. Are backups and restores recommended before and after (respectively) installing a new radio file? I'm pretty the answer is yes but just wanted to make sure.

3. Whenever someone gets a chance could someone be so kind to pretty much explain the basic ins and outs of radio files (not only for me but for people who are confused in the future.)

For example:
    - Why install a different radio file?
    - How to steps
    - Risks/Rewards of picking a different radio

I feel like this should be appended to one of Kris's great guides/how to threads on BB10 leaks, for future reference.
    06-27-13 02:04 PM
    Okay, so I know how to run the autoloader and all thanks to some great help from people like Kris and others, but now I'm confused on the Radio files part. I understand that the autoloaders come with built in radio files and that the only reason to load a different radio file is if for stability, battery life, and issues like that. My questions are the following:

1. How do you install a different radio file after installing a leak on your phone?
    - Does it come with its own autoloader?

2. Are backups and restores recommended before and after (respectively) installing a new radio file? I'm pretty the answer is yes but just wanted to make sure.

3. Whenever someone gets a chance could someone be so kind to pretty much explain the basic ins and outs of radio files (not only for me but for people who are confused in the future.)

For example:
    - Why install a different radio file?
    - How to steps
    - Risks/Rewards of picking a different radio

I feel like this should be appended to one of Kris's great guides/how to threads on BB10 leaks, for future reference.
    The easiest way to flash a radio is to jsut use an autoloader. There are a number of them in the OP of this thread, and more on the last page (note the last page [currently page 11] has some 10.2 radios, which you probably don't want).
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-3-4-a-811099/

As far as how... it's just like any autoloader. Turn off the BB and double click the file (after extracting it from the RAR) and power your phone back on plugged in to USB. It will load quickly and the phone will then start itself.

Some paranoid types will backup first, just in case -- but the radio doesn't write over any of the operating system or data. Nothing is touched. Only difference will be the radio version. I never backup before flashing a radio and I have done it many times.

People will install different radios depending on what model of phone they have, which carrier. Some seem to work better for people than others. Aside from trying to install a 10.2 radio to a 10.1 system, etc, I see no risks. I am sure someone's bricked a phone before, but this is recoverable. I'd imagine it is quite rare for this to happen. Read around a bit to see who has your phone and carrier and see who praises/bashes the radios the most. in general I have seen the most excitement over 1881 regardless of carrier, others prefer 1917, 2009 or 2354... but this can change as new radios come out. It's all over the map. It's so fast and easy to try, you can see for yourself which you like best. I currently prefer 1881 (on Verizon).

The rewards are better reception and or battery life. Ideally both.

It appears confusing which radio came from which OS release. Here's a list of my little collection. The radio version is the first set of numbers, and the OS is the second. There are several others that I don't have.
    Z10_1484_Rad(OS1483).7z
    Z10_1721_Rad(OS1720).7z
    Z10_1757_Rad(OS1756).7z
    Z10_1881_Rad(OS1880).7z
    Z10_1917_Rad(OS2009_VZW).7z
    Z10_2026_Rad(OS2006).7z
    Z10_2063_Rad(OS2062_VZW).7z
    Z10_2337_Rad(OS2342).7z
    Z10_2355_Rad(OS2354).7z
    Z10_2355_Rad(OS2354_VZW).7z
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 06-27-13 at 10:14 PM.
    06-27-13 09:59 PM
    In the past, I have found that waiting about 12 hours and then trying worked (this was a tip from a crackberry user), so you may have solved your problem by now. However T-Joker has found a solution:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...around-821540/
    I tried his way but it didn't work. After almost 24 hours, it ended up syncing itself somehow.
    06-28-13 07:57 AM