Hi,

I have searched the forums but was not able to find an answer. I have a work phone, Z10 with BES10. If I do a backup using the LINK software from Blackberry and install the Leak, will my BES10 settings and information be successfully reloaded onto my phone? I fear having to call into the I.T. department and explain why my phone may not be working.

Thanks
    Tom
    07-15-13 02:01 PM
    If your afraid, I'd recommend not doing it.
    07-15-13 02:03 PM
    yes yes, that is actually what prompted the questions I have. If the answer is "NO" then I saved myself a headache, but if the answer is "YES" (hopefully from a BES user that has done it already) then the risk is mine to take. And I was under the assumption the forums were here to help people with questions as well.
    07-15-13 02:23 PM
    yes yes, that is actually what prompted the questions I have. If the answer is "NO" then I saved myself a headache, but if the answer is "YES" (hopefully from a BES user that has done it already) then the risk is mine to take. And I was under the assumption the forums were here to help people with questions as well.
    You can load on a BES10 unit. I have the 10.2.0.483 loaded but you need to ask your BES Admin to set your activation password for you after install you need to activate again. I manage BES so it is easy for me. HTH
    Otech#CB and BlueTom316 like this.
    07-15-13 02:25 PM
    And I was under the assumption the forums were here to help people with questions as well.
    That's a bad assumption, we're all here to help, but none of us can take responsibility for answering a question that we cannot answer, this is a question for your administration team, and it sounds like you might have known that...
    07-15-13 02:36 PM
    That's a bad assumption, we're all here to help, but none of us can take responsibility for answering a question that we cannot answer, this is a question for your administration team, and it sounds like you might have known that...
    Needed a question answered, and if no one knew the answer then by default that is my answer. But someone did step forward with an answer I am very thankful to them. And it seems you didnt pay attention to the question or the answer. Oh dear me... And posted anyways. awesome people here.
    07-15-13 02:49 PM
    Hi,

I have searched the forums but was not able to find an answer. I have a work phone, Z10 with BES10. If I do a backup using the LINK software from Blackberry and install the Leak, will my BES10 settings and information be successfully reloaded onto my phone? I fear having to call into the I.T. department and explain why my phone may not be working.

Thanks
    Tom
    Thank you for the answer, much appreciated. This thread can be closed now.
    07-15-13 02:53 PM
    Is this your phone, or is it your employer's phone? Sounds like it's your employer's phone. If it belongs to your employer changing the OS to a leaked OS could have implications on your continued employment. I know it would in my shop.
    07-15-13 05:24 PM
    I work for an it company and we manage servers and devices and I wouldn't care if a device needed reset up. I don't see why they would. Just say you wiped your phone from bad password and need to reset up. You would be surprised how many of these I deal with.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:39 PM
    Needed a question answered.
    I know I had a good answer didn't I
    07-15-13 09:18 PM
    You can see what os is loaded on a bb10 phone from the management console.

Just ask if they'd care if you loaded a leak and have them activate your account again to reattach your phone. Better safe than sorry.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:37 PM
    If your company has a portal set up for you to obtain your own Enterprise Activation password (EAP), then no problem. However, if you have to request the password from IT, then you've got to be in good with them or have a good reason. Wiping your device because it was lagging is a very common and good reason to re-request an EAP. I work for a large multi national and technically we're not allowed to install untested OS's according to IT Risk, but that doesn't stop any of us, including my friends in IT.

Posted using my Cando-American Z10 via CB10
    07-15-13 09:40 PM
    I did as well, I work in a big telecom company in Canada and I only called my support to give me another password... I said I had to reset it.

Just thinking it shouldn't be done too often to not be abusing since time is money.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:04 AM
    I too work at a telecom here in the great white north. The BES admits that I know couldn't case less what leak you have running. Be careful what support you ask for with a non supported OS.

BlackBerry for enterprise generally have a Web desktop or EAP as the last post talked about. You can also use the desktop manager on your computer to re sync with the BES but have to be on the LAN or via VPN.

Good luck and happy leak installing.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:18 AM