08-19-15 09:03 AM
101 ... 2345
tools
    I just tried .859 radio with .2339 and now I have 3G in my house when I had only H network with .2340 radio.

I also had phone calls issues with .2340.
    Will see in few days if the general experience is better.
    07-30-15 01:41 PM
    My advice on this guys, is be wary of Hybrid OS's, I tried placing the .859 radio over my 10.3.2.2339 install (via Sachesi) and now I have a soft bricked phone. I started a new thread elsewhere (so I don't want to hijack this thread).
    Just a friendly warning as now I am without my Z30....
    07-30-15 11:49 PM
    My advice on this guys, is be wary of Hybrid OS's, I tried placing the .859 radio over my 10.3.2.2339 install (via Sachesi) and now I have a soft bricked phone. I started a new thread elsewhere (so I don't want to hijack this thread).
    Just a friendly warning as now I am without my Z30....
    I've done exactly what you've described 12 hours ago but it's working perfectly fine so far.

"I am the the Way; I am the Truth, and Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    07-31-15 01:51 AM
    I've done exactly what you've described 12 hours ago but it's working perfectly fine so far.

"I am the the Way; I am the Truth, and Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
    Same here. And battery life seems better in fact.
    07-31-15 04:41 AM
    It didn't work for me on Passport running 10.3.2.2339. I made autolaoder and I could boot up , started the phone and wifi and cell signal came alright but my 64 GB Samsung sdxc card wanted to d/l a driver that gave error. I tried every trick possible but could not get the driver to load. I cannot use my passport without the media card and reluctantly had to go back to 2339 autoloader. The phone booted normal and d/l the media driver and resumed normal working. Sadly am stuck with a bad radio reception now.
    07-31-15 05:00 AM
    It didn't work for me on Passport running 10.3.2.2339. I made autolaoder and I could boot up , started the phone and wifi and cell signal came alright but my 64 GB Samsung sdxc card wanted to d/l a driver that gave error. I tried every trick possible but could not get the driver to load. I cannot use my passport without the media card and reluctantly had to go back to 2339 autoloader. The phone booted normal and d/l the media driver and resumed normal working. Sadly am stuck with a bad radio reception now.
    Try to downgrade the radio file using Sachesi.

HereticHermit likes this.
    07-31-15 05:27 AM
    Running OS 2339 and 859 radio on my Z30...not getting any of the NFC or Docs to Go issues reported here.

Not seeing any significantly better battery life either.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:24 AM
    Can I increase battery life by changing radio file?-img_20150731_195536.png

876 OS with 859 radio

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 12:13 PM
    Try to downgrade the radio file using Sachesi.
    Thanks, it went smooth and I immediately got one bar extra on the reboot. So I hope we are almost there. I knew about sachesi but I have seen many people complaining about germlins that non destructive upgrade or downgrade seem to bring for them. I will post update in couple of days.
    07-31-15 01:44 PM
    Thanks, it went smooth and I immediately got one bar extra on the reboot. So I hope we are almost there. I knew about sachesi but I have seen many people complaining about germlins that non destructive upgrade or downgrade seem to bring for them. I will post update in couple of days.
    Good to hear that you we're able to downgrade the radio version.

Last edited by powereds; 08-01-15 at 03:16 AM.
    07-31-15 10:28 PM
    radio of 3.2.859 is just awesome I have increased my crappy poor battery life to 10 fold already
    before this each 3 to 4 hours I had to charge my beloved Z10 but now its juice last long until now is 14 hours and I still have 60% more battery available

thanks for the suggestion on this forum I used non-destructive method using sachesi now I have 3.2.2239 coreOS with radio of 3.2.859
    08-01-15 12:10 AM
    I will also try radio 859

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    08-01-15 10:09 AM
    radio of 3.2.859 is just awesome I have increased my crappy poor battery life to 10 fold already
    before this each 3 to 4 hours I had to charge my beloved Z10 but now its juice last long until now is 14 hours and I still have 60% more battery available

thanks for the suggestion on this forum I used non-destructive method using sachesi now I have 3.2.2239 coreOS with radio of 3.2.859
    My wife and I have the same configuration on our Passport and Z10 100-3 respectively. No wifi problems, and battery lie is at least as good as with the 2339 radio, probably better. BlackBerry keeps trying to upgrade the radio to 2339 on my unlocked Passport. For some reason AT&T isn't trying to do that on the Z10 (from AT&T originally, now unlocked, but on AT&T.
    08-02-15 06:26 PM
    Ken I don't know why it should try to force you for update of radio file. I too have unlocked PP and I just manually checked for update; it says I have the latest software. So maybe its you service provider sending you update reminders or something like that?
    As for radio file swap the known gremlins of Docs to go and NFC are present but that's something I can live with. My radio is great now, as a medium phone user on 2239's radio, I use to come home at Dinner time with around 35-40% battery, now I see around 52 to 55% for past couple of days. However WiFi hasn't really picked up for me and I do get blind spots.
    08-02-15 09:46 PM
    If you updated using sachesi before do not use radio Autoloader will soft brick your phone

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    what is a soft brick?
    08-02-15 10:20 PM
    what is a soft brick?
    Soft brick refers to a condition where your device is rendered totally inoperative and will then require you to do a clean installation of the OS and setting all accounts up again to restore your device to an operating condition.

It is called "soft" because there is no permanent or irreversible damage done to your device.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    08-02-15 11:19 PM
    Soft brick refers to a condition where your device is rendered totally inoperative and will then require you to do a clean installation of the OS and setting all accounts up again to restore your device to an operating condition.

It is called "soft" because there is no permanent or irreversible damage done to your device.

Ok. so what will happen if I run radio autoloader of 859 on my 2339 OS
    08-03-15 12:18 AM
    Ok. so what will happen if I run radio autoloader of 859 on my 2339 OS
    It depends on how you installed 2339 originally
    If you used an autoloader, then you can use an autoloader for 859 radio. If you used Sachesi or DBBT to install 2339, then you use Sachesi or DBBT to install 859 radio.

08-03-15 08:28 AM
    Ken I don't know why it should try to force you for update of radio file. I too have unlocked PP and I just manually checked for update; it says I have the latest software. So maybe its you service provider sending you update reminders or something like that?
    As for radio file swap the known gremlins of Docs to go and NFC are present but that's something I can live with. My radio is great now, as a medium phone user on 2239's radio, I use to come home at Dinner time with around 35-40% battery, now I see around 52 to 55% for past couple of days. However WiFi hasn't really picked up for me and I do get blind spots.
    Heretic, the NFC issue with 859 is not only not a gremlin for me, it's a solution! I'm thinking of creating a separate thread for this, but maybe someone will pick up on it here.

I have a hardware device called AliveCor, a very portable device (about the size of one of a credit card, oval, and a couple of mm thick) for checking heart rhythm on the spot and providing an EKG, and which sells for about $75. It uses a free Android App called AliveECG (of course, there is also an iOS app for Apple) which works on every known Android device. The app itself works, but not the connection between the device and the Passport. It tells you to shut off NFC, but after doing so it still doesn't communicate.

The 859 radio doesn't support NFC, apparently. And now the AliveCor-AliveECG works perfectly on the Passport! I called the company, AliveCor, told them about this, and their response was exactly what you would expect: "We don't support the BlackBerry, have never tested the device or app with a BlackBerry, and you are the first and only person out of all our support calls who has ever asked about the BlackBerry." I had called them before with the question, and now I was giving them the answer, but they said they really weren't interested.

So now my question for CBers is, if and when I upgrade the radio from 859 (no NFC support) to 2339 or anything else that does see NFC, how can I disable NFC with that radio? Toggling NFC to "off" doesn't work. Maybe removing the NFC Viewer bar from the core OS would do it, but I suspect not.
    Last edited by KenV54; 08-03-15 at 03:54 PM.
    08-03-15 11:57 AM
    ........The 859 radio doesn't support NFC, apparently. And now the AliveCor-AliveECG works perfectly on the Passport! I called the company, AliveCor, told them about this, and their response was exactly what you would expect: "We don't support the BlackBerry, have never tested the device or app with a BlackBerry, and you are the first and only person out of all our support calls who has ever asked about the BlackBerry." I had called them before with the question, and now I was giving them the answer, but they said they really weren't interested. ....
    Very interesting find there, am in India and NFC hasn't even taken off here so I get by alright with this radio. But I am surprised at their response how they don't even care a flying one about their app compatibility even if it is working this good without any testing!!! So far this file is a keeper for you but I think Thurask or Conite will be in better position to advice about removing bar file on new radios. What I have understood so far is that playing around with a function specific bar file has wider implications and not really advised but we berry people almost always have 2 berry phones so you might want to split that autoloader and see for yourself?
    08-03-15 04:50 PM
    Very interesting find there, am in India and NFC hasn't even taken off here so I get by alright with this radio. But I am surprised at their response how they don't even care a flying one about their app compatibility even if it is working this good without any testing!!! So far this file is a keeper for you but I think Thurask or Conite will be in better position to advice about removing bar file on new radios. What I have understood so far is that playing around with a function specific bar file has wider implications and not really advised but we berry people almost always have 2 berry phones so you might want to split that autoloader and see for yourself?
    I agree with everything you say and yes, I have both a Passport and a Z10 100-3 to work with.

Maybe Conite or Thurask or one of the other tech heavy hitters will weigh in on this if they're following this thread. I hope so.

As for the AliveCor company it's small (30 employees, the rep said on the phone), they are pretty much limited to the US at this point, practically no one in this country uses the BlackBerry phones, and they just don't want to spend their resources on a platform that has so little applicability to them. We know that developers in general stay away from BlackBerry. In the case of AliveCor, they wouldn't touch BB, and if their Android app works on BB, fine, if not, too bad. I told them I would talk to their software engineer for Android just to let them know what was going on, since maybe it could be tweaked in some way, probably just a line or two of code, to get around the NFC issue with the BB Runtime. I gave her my cell phone number. The rep said she would pass it along to the engineer(s), but I haven't heard anything from them and don't expect to.

I don't use NFC, either, and don't care about DocsToGo (although that seems to work for me with local files), so I'm OK with this configuration of 2339/859, and it's great for everything else. The way things are going with BlackBerry these days, this may well be my last OS!
    08-03-15 05:51 PM
    Can I increase battery life by changing radio file?-img_20150804_033815.png
    Can I increase battery life by changing radio file?-img_20150804_033742.png

Perfect combo for me!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 08:39 PM
    Don't know about the battery life - yet. But, just installed the radio, and unlike the newer radios, WiFi connected instantaneously!!!! Big plus for me since I have WiFi at home and at work.
    08-10-15 11:10 PM
    Reloaded my radio using Sachesi.and.now I have this.....
    Can I increase battery life by changing radio file?-img_20150811_143533.png

Z30_STA100-3

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 02:38 PM
    After having issues (after a couple of blitzes things get wonky) I went back and reinstalled 2339 from an autoloader, then autoloaded 859 Radio on my Z30.

Woah, got the NFC problem ! But I got it to work...

this is what I did , and I'm curious to see if this would help others with the same issue.

Turn off NFC. If it doesn't toggle, just give it 10-20 seconds.

Hard reset (+ - volume simultaneously).

Go back to NFC in settings, in my case it was on but dimmed, but it came to life in about 10 seconds.

Turn off NFC then do a normal reboot.

Go back to NFC in settings, it should be off. Turn it on and try to use NFC (I xfered an image to my N5 and it worked).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-18-15 11:35 PM
101 ... 2345