11-21-14 05:23 PM
38 12
tools
    They changed it to reduce the "thinking point" for users coming from other platforms (i.e. Most users) which are used to a defined camera button.

What's funny is that the new LG G3 now added the ability to "touch anywhere" to take a picture, and is touting it as a new feature,.. even has an ad for it.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g...atures-396986/

"1. Touch and Shoot

As the name implies, LG has made it as simple as possible to shoot photos on the G3 camera. Unlike many Android camera apps that require you to tap a dedicated button to snap a photo, LG has incorporated touch to focus and touch to shoot into one action. Simply tap anywhere on the screen and the G3 will snap your photo. A nice touch."

So I'm sure it's only a matter of time before BlackBerry follows suit and has to "copy" this amazing feature.

Thank the focus groups.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS and kbz1960 like this.
    11-18-14 03:57 PM
    What he said.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 04:57 PM
    Sorry, but I believe it was more user friendly before the upgrade to 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:03 PM
    That is your opinion. I like many find it not to be better. I can no longer use the camera for work as standing on a ladder to take a photo I have to by law have at least one hand in the ladder. To actually click that button I would drop my phone. It is actually making my life harder. There are many people that find this a problem also. Also BlackBerry users are still using BlackBerry because they like BlackBerry not because they want to use an android or iPhone clone.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8 / Against The Grain 2BD93EEE
    They made the change based on data they've gathered. The majority did not want touch anywhere to take a pic.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-19-14 11:09 PM
    They changed it to reduce the "thinking point" for users coming from other platforms (i.e. Most users) which are used to a defined camera button.

What's funny is that the new LG G3 now added the ability to "touch anywhere" to take a picture, and is touting it as a new feature,.. even has an ad for it.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g...atures-396986/

"1. Touch and Shoot

As the name implies, LG has made it as simple as possible to shoot photos on the G3 camera. Unlike many Android camera apps that require you to tap a dedicated button to snap a photo, LG has incorporated touch to focus and touch to shoot into one action. Simply tap anywhere on the screen and the G3 will snap your photo. A nice touch."

So I'm sure it's only a matter of time before BlackBerry follows suit and has to "copy" this amazing feature.

Thank the focus groups.

Posted via CB10
    They technically could of kept it in as "advanced mode" to keep the old camera.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:10 PM
    I am understand. It is logic and simple.
    Lazy people, who take photo only in case "selfie with face recognition autofocus", needn't manual focus.
    Rest of normal people want quick manual focus and are able to use icon or buttons to take photo.
    11-20-14 06:19 AM
    Sorry, but I believe it was more user friendly before the upgrade to 10.3.1
    Posted via CB10
    LOL. Sorry, but manual focus to selected area is user totaly unfriendly tragedy on 10.2.x ..
    In case to refocus on same area, you must move focus rectangle somewhere out and return back to same place. It is SLOW and annoying/irritating.
    Much quick and better: simply tap to selected area for refocus on 10.3.1
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-20-14 06:25 AM
    I liked touching anywhere also. I was looking at some picks I took when I first got my phone. Those picks look much better than current pics I've taken. I wish they didn't keep going backwards with it.
    11-20-14 06:39 AM
    They made the change based on data they've gathered. The majority did not want touch anywhere to take a pic.

Posted via CB10
    Problem is I bet the majority of their users don't participate in those studies.
    11-20-14 06:41 AM
    Problem is I bet the majority of their users don't participate in those studies.
    If it's an accurate focus group, then it should have 0.1% BlackBerry users. Lol

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-14 08:51 AM
    Well Hell, now I know I can use the volumn buttons to snap a picture easy peasie
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-20-14 04:42 PM
    Well Hell, now I know I can use the volumn buttons to snap a picture easy peasie
    Been here for a while now. And Passport can use spacebar while in cam app

Posted via CB10
    sylvaing likes this.
    11-21-14 04:30 PM
    Just do you know. Volume keys for camera have been there since day one of bb10 and is actually a carry over feature from bbos

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1151
    11-21-14 05:23 PM
38 12