I backed up my Z10 prior to installing the 10.1 leak. I installed the 10.1 with no issues. When I went to restore my device to get my apps back I was confused between a back up and restore. BlackBerry link shows a backup last night, but the newest restore point was 4 days ago. I used the 4 day old restore point, but would really like all my calender entries for the last few days. Is this data lost? What gets saved in a default backup file, and how do I use it?

Via Z
    05-04-13 07:40 AM
    I hope I understand what you are asking........

Backup: Use this to backup your phone. It will backup your apps, contacts, data, etc to file on your PC. You can (or it automatically) includes a date on the file so that you know the date the backup file was created.

Restore: You restore by choosing one of the backup files that you have created/saved on your PC. This basically takes the information you saved in the backup file on your PC and copies it (or restores) it back to your phone.

I don't know about a 'default' backup file. I do know that when you click on or choose to backup, you have three/3 boxes where you can choose what you want to include in the backup file. I am not looking at it or I would list them. I think the same 3 boxes are available when you restore and you can choose what to restore. Anyway....... there are options for backing up (saving) and restoring (copying back to phone). You choose what you want to do.

Hope this helps!!!
    05-07-13 12:27 PM
    That's what I thought, but when I Connected my z to the pc, it showed a backup earlier in the day, but the newest restore point was 4 days earlier?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:45 PM