This may apply to other builds or installs done from computer or backup/restore from link, no cause is confirmed

After installing 10.2.0.1047 via autoloader I realized I was getting no calendar notifications, no pop-up no audio alert (I use my calendar heavily for reminders). After a few days we realized the wife was getting popup but no sound. I did extensive testing and both devices were the same (mine nothing, wife popup but no sound) all other 10.2 features working as would be expected in a nonpublic release... just fine IMHO. So as a good forum moderator (and forum member) I searched my you know what off trying to find anyone with calendar notification issues, I found nothing.

Both of these 10.2 installs were done using the exact same autoloader, exact same Win7 PC, same BB Link to backup and restore (different BB IDs), same Win7 login, same USB cable. Basically this is really random, I can confirm this has been an issue on one other device. The wife and I are both on STL 100-3 ATT builds and both updated from the last official ATT 10.1 OTA release (devices were on 10.0 when purchased).

Now the important part, the fix is due to a certain person I contacted to ask for help, this person can feel free to post in this thread if they want, but I will not name them.

So now for the fix, that has fixed my phone and one others, still need to load it onto the wife's phone.

Use Darcy's BlackBerry tools to extract the calendar BAR ( sys.pim.calendar-10.102.1.391 ). Then use DDPB to install the bar (follow normal instructions for using DDPB to install a BAR). All fixed, I have run multiple tests on my device over the last 12ish hours and all have worked audible and visual notification as well as snooze and still getting notification.

Hope this helps anyone running into the issue, clearly it is not the autoloader, not blaming link, but that is the only thing I can think of as possibly being the problem. Other than possible PC glitch while loading or restoring tweaking a file.
    08-10-13 03:40 PM
    Pft, I'm sure they all know you always come running to me with a issue :P aha j/k
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    08-10-13 03:53 PM
    Pft, I'm sure they all know you always come running to me with a issue :P aha j/k
    Hey that's part of the benefit of being a mod (I go to my sources) :P .... okay has nothing to do with being a mod, has to do with having sources. You don't wanna know how many people I am bugging for beta BARs of their Enyo apps or coding Enyo so we can build a BAR and see what happens.
    08-10-13 03:58 PM
    I have this issue on the Q10 with Verizon's latest OS. Have to do battery pulls throughout the day. Did a security wipe this morning, but BB Link is not showing the back up file I did just before wiping. Geez.
    08-10-13 03:58 PM
    I have this issue on the Q10 with Verizon's latest OS. Have to do battery pulls throughout the day. Did a security wipe this morning, but BB Link is not showing the back up file I did just before wiping. Geez.
    Nothing was working for me, until I reloaded the bar. If you aren't shy with developer mode, and it happens again I say extract the calendar file and go for reloading just that bar. I didn't touch any of the other calendar files but the one I mentioned and fixed it in freaking minutes, damn amazing. I have been running non BB devices in developer mode, sideloading, etc for so long now, as long as I am 90% confident the device can be restored I just plug in and go. When I dumped and loaded the calendar bar last night I was in no condition to even type out my OP.... that's all that needs to be said

Good luck either way. First time and only time we've used link was for the 10.2 load so I won't be of much help there on the backup issue. Sorry
    08-10-13 04:07 PM
    Try resets instead of battery pulls, which can be harmful in the newer QNX environment, just hold down Volume Up and Volume Down through the screen capture until the device resets
    08-10-13 05:26 PM
    Thank you OP and I guess Kris too. I have that exact issue and needed a fix for it. So extract the calendar bar from 10.2.0.1047 ( which is what I'm using) and then load that bar using the ddpb side load method? Just wanted to be clear about that. I will try that tonight after work.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    08-13-13 09:33 PM
    I have this problem too but reloading the calendar bar only worked until the next reboot then it went back to no notifications again.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 01:42 AM
    Mine started working again after about 4 days. Strange!
    08-14-13 06:23 AM
    This may apply to other builds or installs done from computer or backup/restore from link, no cause is confirmed

After installing 10.2.0.1047 via autoloader I realized I was getting no calendar notifications, no pop-up no audio alert (I use my calendar heavily for reminders). After a few days we realized the wife was getting popup but no sound. I did extensive testing and both devices were the same (mine nothing, wife popup but no sound) all other 10.2 features working as would be expected in a nonpublic release... just fine IMHO. So as a good forum moderator (and forum member) I searched my you know what off trying to find anyone with calendar notification issues, I found nothing.

Both of these 10.2 installs were done using the exact same autoloader, exact same Win7 PC, same BB Link to backup and restore (different BB IDs), same Win7 login, same USB cable. Basically this is really random, I can confirm this has been an issue on one other device. The wife and I are both on STL 100-3 ATT builds and both updated from the last official ATT 10.1 OTA release (devices were on 10.0 when purchased).

Now the important part, the fix is due to a certain person I contacted to ask for help, this person can feel free to post in this thread if they want, but I will not name them.

So now for the fix, that has fixed my phone and one others, still need to load it onto the wife's phone.

Use Darcy's BlackBerry tools to extract the calendar BAR ( sys.pim.calendar-10.102.1.391 ). Then use DDPB to install the bar (follow normal instructions for using DDPB to install a BAR). All fixed, I have run multiple tests on my device over the last 12ish hours and all have worked audible and visual notification as well as snooze and still getting notification.

Hope this helps anyone running into the issue, clearly it is not the autoloader, not blaming link, but that is the only thing I can think of as possibly being the problem. Other than possible PC glitch while loading or restoring tweaking a file.
    Thanks for the great post. Im having the same issue.

Just to clarify, we need to extract the calendar BAR from where exactly (my Z10, the 10.2.0.1047 autoloader, another OS or somewhere else?) Sorry dude, my first go with extracting stuff from OS files. I assume the rest is a simple sideload onto the device.

Thanks for the help.
    08-16-13 11:12 AM
    I have this issue
    08-16-13 08:52 PM
    Thanks for the great post. Im having the same issue.

Just to clarify, we need to extract the calendar BAR from where exactly (my Z10, the 10.2.0.1047 autoloader, another OS or somewhere else?) Sorry dude, my first go with extracting stuff from OS files. I assume the rest is a simple sideload onto the device.

Thanks for the help.
    I have this problem too but reloading the calendar bar only worked until the next reboot then it went back to no notifications again.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you OP and I guess Kris too. I have that exact issue and needed a fix for it. So extract the calendar bar from 10.2.0.1047 ( which is what I'm using) and then load that bar using the ddpb side load method? Just wanted to be clear about that. I will try that tonight after work.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    Sorry folks I've had a crazy week and haven't been on much (bad mod this week). Extract from the autoloader and then sideload. @joey, I think I lost notifications at some point again, but restarting the phone. I might have done a hard reset, holding the power button until seeing the BB loading logo fixed it. Sorry I can't be 100% since I have my phone and the wifes Z both running 10.2, so when things pop up I do the normal procedures. I am old hand on this with webOS but still learning the ropes of BB10. I hope to be on more this weekend and next week to help trouble shoot. So far the reboot I did is working for me, wife not using her calendar as much isn't helping me trouble shoot. Look forward to doing what I can to help you folks.
    08-16-13 08:59 PM

I am on Verizon, I extracted the file you stated, I used Darcy's BB tools, I used DDPB to install.....this method did not work for me. Still no notifications
    08-16-13 09:36 PM
    *update*
    I reset my phone and it seems to be working....will monitor and report back if issues continue...thanks for the fix
    08-16-13 10:08 PM
    Thanks for the explanation. I decided to do a hard reset before extracting the calendar BAR and it worked!

Great help guys.
    08-17-13 11:01 AM
    THANKS! it worked for me. did like you mentioned, extracted the bar and sideloaded it, then hard reset. Calendar alerts working now.
    Z10 STL003 .1047
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    08-21-13 11:34 AM
    It sounds like you guys have found a fix to this very frustrating issue. Could you dumb down the instructions though? I have no idea what you all mean about extracting and loading a bar
    02-09-14 02:01 PM