I'm pretty sure that this is the first headless running application that we actually have complete control over (sure, the Alarm clock is of course headless, etc. but this works a bit differently.)

So what do I mean by it being headless? You can open up as many tabs as you want, close it out, and then open it back up and the tabs will still be open. This means that you can open up YouTube, start playing a music video or something, close the browser (exit out of the active frame), and you still hear the song playing.. Simply open back up the browser and the video is still there playing just as it was when it was closed. Now to fully close the browser and clear it you have to do the "hold the x for 5 seconds until it closes" trick that I have learned in the past.

I was very surprised to see this happen though, I'm assuming that it was not just a bug in this version as it is a welcomed change. If you'd really like to see a video because you are against sideloading the browser version from the thread below, just let me know and I guess I can go and do that.

I am on OS Version 10.2.0.1323 and I sideloaded the 10.2.1.725 bars given in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-0-a-860154/

Screenshots explaining what it does:

EDIT: Seems to just be an odd bug that only I am experiencing.. haha strange because it's consistent, not like a one time thing. Oh well no headless browser for all, just me :P
    Last edited by Flip4Bytes; 10-23-13 at 03:11 AM.
    ami.one, SirJes and Uzi like this.
    10-22-13 11:50 PM
    i'll test it, good catch either way!

hope it's not a bug lol
    10-23-13 12:29 AM
    i'll test it, good catch either way!

hope it's not a bug lol
    Yeah, I mean I'd assume that it's not a total bug because with this happening now, the browser essentially loads up instantly now rather than taking a few seconds to start up each time.. Maybe someone who is actually running 10.2.1.725 can verify this still happens rather than those who are just running the bar files on 10.2.0?
    10-23-13 12:45 AM
    i'm on 10.2.1.641 with .725

i open the browser then youtube, start video....after 10 sec close browser and no issue like yours

music stop istantly and browser are full closed.

Posted via CB10
    abass likes this.
    10-23-13 01:05 AM
    Well I just tested it and it shuts down completely. Im running os 10.2.1.575 with the 725 bars.

Now we need a third one to tell us if im the one with the bug or you

Posted via CB10
    abass likes this.
    10-23-13 01:10 AM
    shutting down for me here, 10.2.1.641
    abass likes this.
    10-23-13 01:18 AM
    That is the last thing I want to be head less...it's going to get annoying really fast when I can't close the browser without holding down the x for a period of time

It's annoying just to think of

Posted via CB10
    QWKSNKE likes this.
    10-23-13 02:26 AM
    That is the last thing I want to be head less...it's going to get annoying really fast when I can't close the browser without holding down the x for a period of time

It's annoying just to think of

Posted via CB10
    Whelp it seems that it's been confirmed that it's just an odd glitch happening to only me. Probably the OS and BAR file combination. :X
    10-23-13 03:09 AM
    Whelp it seems that it's been confirmed that it's just an odd glitch happening to only me. Probably the OS and BAR file combination. :X
    Sounds like you figured out that some bar files that aren't designed to work in a different os are not operating correctly. That happens.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-25-13 11:59 AM
    Sounds great! Can't wait. Any news on the music player being headless?

The Gamer's Network- C00015A3 || From my Z10 on .1047
    10-25-13 12:08 PM
    thats what i want to know. do i have to turn headless apps on or something? music player in the background would be nice
    10-25-13 07:14 PM
    I had the same issue. I thought it was a bug. Kept using the App monitor to end it. I had sideloaded a bunch of 10.2.1 bars over an earlier 10.2 OS (.14XX something, with an earlier unlocked android runtime).
    10-26-13 09:03 AM
    To check:

Rename BAR to ZIP

Open the XMLs and look for permissions.

It will say headless.

Posted via CB from my LE
    pcguy514 likes this.
    10-26-13 09:26 AM