10-27-13 01:44 AM
37 12
tools
    i had this happen on t-mobile stock rom and so its not related to a leaked rom. i had to do a complete wipe to get it working again
    i just installed the .4687 and am disappointed to hear that the problem still continues but on the bright side, i did get wifi calling.
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 08-03-13 at 08:15 AM.
    08-03-13 01:46 AM
    Updated to 10.2 and browser worked great!!!!! Thennnn after I did restore it's broken again....(i can use browser but can't access any bottom buttons) any way to dump cache using ghost commander?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 06:43 PM
    I've been getting this the last few days. I'm on a STL100-2 using Telstra BB10 10.1.0.273, so nothing to do with leaks!

As with the other posters, have tried everything except a security wipe. Including Location and Airplane mode. And can't get to browser settings - absence of the button effectively locks me out. Good thought from the blast post on whether GC might help.

Wondering if this could be a bug with Invoke triggered via FB or LI. Might explain a few people suddenly getting the problem.

Also noticed my Z10 was pretty full around the time I first noticed this. Removed some HD video movies and again with the battery pull... nothing.

I suppose I'm prepared to do a device wipe, but really would rather not.

At this point I haven't been using an SD card at all (just about to buy a good obe) so don't think that's the problem.

Anyways... any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

In the meantime I have Evolution Browser or Secure Browser, but I prefer the Z10 Standard and would like my bookmarks and tags back!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 01:02 PM
    Please please please somebody help!

Seriously, thanks for any tip.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:07 AM
    After a security wipe things were fine... until I restored from backup. Back to the same problem.

And now just a little more..... Although the restore went well, my accounts are currently prompting for re-entry of passwords, but I get a 'Loading' screen when I try to set them which fails to proceed.

I'm at a loss and will place a support call with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 12:37 AM
    I wonder why does my browser crash sometimes...

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:09 AM
    Alas It seems there is no 'support call with Blackberry!' just handset support from Telstra. That would be fine if the handset hardware were the problem, but it is the system state (OS) I'm having trouble with and seems quite independent of the hardware now (ie. can solve with a security wipe and then returns with the restore).

Jeepers!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:14 PM
    Your description matches mine down to the restore... did you manage to solve it?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:15 PM
    Did anyone try sending a link to themselves via email and click on it. It's an old BBOS trick. If it loads the page. Then you should be able to access settings.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    09-02-13 05:40 PM
    After a security wipe things were fine... until I restored from backup. Back to the same problem.

And now just a little more..... Although the restore went well, my accounts are currently prompting for re-entry of passwords, but I get a 'Loading' screen when I try to set them which fails to proceed.

I'm at a loss and will place a support call with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    If your doing. Restore delete the accounts then set them up again. Also you may have a bad restore or corrupted data which may be causing the problem which is why the security wipe works. A Lot of us don't restore when loading an o's and keep things on our SD cards and things like contacts and calendars on things like Gmail or outlook that just syncs it

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 12:06 AM
    Problem resolved!

Thanks to all posters... I rolled in all the advice and (eventually) just started afresh(as suggested by N8tiveg).

Actually this was much much smoother than I was expecting .. a bit of disruption for a day was all.

Now back to beautiful browsing and all is as it should be. Nothing lost as it happens at all, bar some 'Parrot' voice recordings.. and some old 'Remember' stuff, which I can live without.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 02:39 AM
    Install Simple Browser from BB World. It is not the complete solution, but you don't have to spend hours or weekends just to browse again. The google/?t thingy didn't work for me. The "Simple Browser" is a life saver, but there should be a permanent fix available to this problem. I have been to quite a few forums dealing with this "broken browser" and the "Simple Browser" is the only nonevasive solution that provides some relief, but does not solve the problem completely. Surely there is something that is available in the great minds at BB>
    10-27-13 01:44 AM
37 12