Hey everyone.

So I convinced my gf to come back to BlackBerry and get a Z10. She is giving up her iPhone 4S. After reading about how Rogers is still stuck on .1720, which has a possibility of causing her phone to randomly reboot, I'm not sure what to do.

Her phone is due to arrive tomorrow. Should I stick with the stock OS and take my chances, or should I load up a leaked OS to ensure there are no random reboots?

I've never loaded up a leaked OS before. I've been reading through threads and process seems straight forward. My two issues are 1) deciding on which one to load, and 2) taking my chances on possibly bricking a brand new phone.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted via my Q10
    07-29-13 12:14 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-810-a-832983/

Be sure to read everything!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 12:20 AM
    I'm on Rogers, running the Official OS and have had no issues! (I personally like official updates as opposed to leaks)

There are many how to and instructions on loading leaks... it depends on how comfortable you are with the process. If you do come across any hiccups you can surely refer back to CB here and surely someone will come to your aid! Enjoy the Zed!
    07-29-13 12:20 AM
    07-29-13 12:22 AM
    Latest 10.1.0.4687 is pretty stable and highly recommended. Just read read read.

SQN 100-1 os 10.1.0.4687
    07-29-13 12:24 AM
    That's been pushed out as an official update by Digicel!
    07-29-13 12:47 AM
    Check out my sig
    07-29-13 12:49 AM
    Hey everyone.

So I convinced my gf to come back to BlackBerry and get a Z10. She is giving up her iPhone 4S. After reading about how Rogers is still stuck on .1720, which has a possibility of causing her phone to randomly reboot, I'm not sure what to do.

Her phone is due to arrive tomorrow. Should I stick with the stock OS and take my chances, or should I load up a leaked OS to ensure there are no random reboots?

I've never loaded up a leaked OS before. I've been reading through threads and process seems straight forward. My two issues are 1) deciding on which one to load, and 2) taking my chances on possibly bricking a brand new phone.

Thanks.

Posted via my Q10
    You more than likely won't encounter the reboot issue I mentioned in the other thread.

On my Z when running official rogers I never had a reboot.

1) go with the newest 10.2 full

2) damn near impossible to hard brick a BlackBerry 10 device

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 01:08 AM
    Quik4life, Month ago I installed my first leak. Have done 8 now. Just finished loading 10.2.0.810...smooth and easy...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:35 AM
    Leak, definitely. Go for 810.
    07-29-13 03:40 AM
    Load the latest 10.1 leak until 10.2 official OS. I'm on Fido with a Z10 and had occasional reboots on the charger. The latest leak solved my issues.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    07-29-13 04:15 AM
    If it's for someone you are trying to win back to team BlackBerry do not load them 10.2 load the latest 10.1 leak instead.

Reason being 10.1 will be more complete at this point (I find the latest 10.1 leak super stable with 10.1 on rogers)

But the main reason is DONT rush her to 10.2 let her experience and enjoy 10.1 and then in a couple months when 10.2 comes out (or an extremely stable release) then she can experience the OS upgrade within the first couple months instead of apples yearly update

Posted via CB10
    Always smiling likes this.
    07-29-13 04:43 AM
    You more than likely won't encounter the reboot issue I mentioned in the other thread.

On my Z when running official rogers I never had a reboot.

1) go with the newest 10.2 full

2) damn near impossible to hard brick a BlackBerry 10 device

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for everyone responses.

I should have figured since I posted this in the BlackBerry OS Leaks forum, that the majority of responses would be to load a leak, as opposed to just running the official OS. Haha.

@Kris: It seems like the majority if Rogers Z10 owners don't have the reboot issue, despite having an OS below. 2050. I'm thinking of sticking with the official OS for now. All she is going to be doing on her phone is bbm, text, email, a few calls, and browsing. She won't be using WhatsApp, or sideloading any apps. My biggest fear is taking the time to set everything up perfectly for her, but then the issue arrives in a couple of weeks.

We are both very busy during the month of September, so I'm hoping that Rogers releases an official OS before the end of August.

Posted via my Q10
    07-29-13 07:49 AM
    Thanks for everyone responses.

I should have figured since I posted this in the BlackBerry OS Leaks forum, that the majority of responses would be to load a leak, as opposed to just running the official OS. Haha.

@Kris: It seems like the majority if Rogers Z10 owners don't have the reboot issue, despite having an OS below. 2050. I'm thinking of sticking with the official OS for now. All she is going to be doing on her phone is bbm, text, email, a few calls, and browsing. She won't be using WhatsApp, or sideloading any apps. My biggest fear is taking the time to set everything up perfectly for her, but then the issue arrives in a couple of weeks.

We are both very busy during the month of September, so I'm hoping that Rogers releases an official OS before the end of August.

Posted via my Q10
    The issue with my friends Z10, is that I believe the phone takes a power surge everytime it's plugged in so it reboots (sort of like a power bar shutting off of a surge), to protect itself. Never a bad thing, but charging is the only time it reboots.
    07-29-13 09:20 AM
    We have two Rogers z10s in the house, official OS and never had a reboot. Another family member has one that has rebooted three times since February- not really a deal breaker.

I don't think Rogers reboots were ever as common as Verizon reboots - but that's only based on anecdotes from CrackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 09:28 AM
    The issue with my friends Z10, is that I believe the phone takes a power surge everytime it's plugged in so it reboots (sort of like a power bar shutting off of a surge), to protect itself. Never a bad thing, but charging is the only time it reboots.
    Glad to hear that Rogers reboots are not that common. I guess when you come on CB that you hear of people who have problems more than those who are satisfied and it makes you think twice.

I keep reading in other threads about reps who put down the Z10 (or BlackBerry in general) and try to convince customers towards a Samsung or iPhone. I have ordered 2 Q10s and 1 Z10 for family members in the last week or so, and none of the reps said anything about my choice. When ordering my Q10, one rep just said "So you're a qwerty guy, eh?". That was it. But then again, all 3 phones are through Corporate plans (we all work in the Public Sector) and those reps usually treat clients much better than regular retail clients (in my experience, anyway....).

I think I'm going to stick with Rogers stock OS and cross my fingers that they release the MR asap.

Posted via my Q10
    07-29-13 09:38 AM
    Hey everyone.

Thanks.

Posted via my Q10
    With Rogers and have not used an official OS since March. Just enjoy tinkering with leaks. Should note I have never experienced random reboots either.

Posted via CB10 on my STL-3 Z10 running 10.2.0.483 on Rogers
    07-29-13 10:20 AM
    That's been pushed out as an official update by Digicel!
    I know, I myself is using the official OS by Digicel, but if he is on Rogers he won't be getting the release! So that's why

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:05 PM
    Good news, apparently Rogers is pushing out 10.1.0.4633.

Posted via CB10
    Lendo likes this.
    07-29-13 03:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can't believe it!! What are the chances??!! Haha.

Posted via my Q10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    07-29-13 05:24 PM
    If it's for someone you are trying to win back to team BlackBerry do not load them 10.2 load the latest 10.1 leak instead.

Reason being 10.1 will be more complete at this point (I find the latest 10.1 leak super stable with 10.1 on rogers)

But the main reason is DONT rush her to 10.2 let her experience and enjoy 10.1 and then in a couple months when 10.2 comes out (or an extremely stable release) then she can experience the OS upgrade within the first couple months instead of apples yearly update

Posted via CB10
    First

My wife and I have had our Rogers z10's since launch day and have never had issues with reboots

Second

I agree with altrax, let her run with the official Os for the time being. At least till she's comfortable with the new device.

I leave my wife on the official updates and I play with the leaks.

Let's face it, most of us here are tech geeks! We want the latest and greatest before it's even ready for prime time.
    We are willing to suffer through random app crashed and the occasional bug or reboot.

On the flip side there's nothing more frustrating to a normal user (as the op stated. Txt, bbm,facebook etc) than crashing apps and bugs.

Posted on a Post-It!
    07-30-13 03:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blah... who needs Rogers.

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.810 using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-13 03:51 PM