07-24-14 08:51 PM
314 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Asking this as a bit of an outsider, but...why? What do leaks do for you that the current OS does not?
    When you get so frustrated by the limitations of the current OS, you're eager to test what's coming next on a test device. You then have several courses of action
    BB has fixed a problem you were having with the OS You're looking forward to the next release and might use a PINless leak as a daily driver as soon as it's past the 12xx build number

Example: A synchronisation issue has been resolved
    BB has introduced a new feature that will make your life easier You get to try it out and report back 3-6 months before it's made official. You also get to familiarise yourself with the feature before it's launched and will get to teach others once it goes live. You're now a BlackBerry brand ambassador

Example: Introduction of Speed Triage
    BB has not listened yet You can make a conscious decision to either stick with your current resources and processes or move on 3-6 months before it's officially launched. Moving on could mean using a service compatible with your OS or getting rid of the device as it's not a good match for what you're trying to do.

Example: Lack of OpenVPN and email encryption support
    07-11-14 07:57 AM
    Better be far east
    What about the middle east?
    Sun is always there

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    07-11-14 08:06 AM
    When you get so frustrated by the limitations of the current OS, you're eager to test what's coming next on a test device. You then have several courses of action
    BB has fixed a problem you were having with the OS You're looking forward to the next release and might use a PINless leak as a daily driver as soon as it's past the 12xx build number

Example: A synchronisation issue has been resolved
    BB has introduced a new feature that will make your life easier You get to try it out and report back 3-6 months before it's made official. You also get to familiarise yourself with the feature before it's launched and will get to teach others once it goes live. You're now a BlackBerry brand ambassador

Example: Introduction of Speed Triage
    BB has not listened yet You can make a conscious decision to either stick with your current resources and processes or move on 3-6 months before it's officially launched. Moving on could mean using a service compatible with your OS or getting rid of the device as it's not a good match for what you're trying to do.

Example: Lack of OpenVPN and email encryption support
    Well don't forget... if you load leak power Ofutur's critical hit damage is reduced by 40%

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 08:36 AM
    Anyone notice drastic battery improvement on the latest official os? I did.
    No, 10.3 has been worse for me than the latest 10.2. But it is an earlly leak and I expected it.
    07-11-14 09:25 AM
    Hmmmm let's see.... risking an annual salary, benefits & retirement package for $500......

Yeah, that makes sense. :-|

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx

Yah.....it's not like it hasn't been "creatively" tried on other sites before. Some ish.........really shouldn't be stirred. Anyway, hello, gorgeous.
    BigBadWulf and moody like this.
    07-11-14 10:52 AM
    No, 10.3 has been worse for me than the latest 10.2. But it is an earlly leak and I expected it.
    10.3.0.296 sucked my batteries dry by 6:00pm. On both devices. But now both are running 10.3.0.700 and battery life is back to great.

07-11-14 11:25 AM
    10.3.0.296 sucked my batteries dry by 6:00pm. On both devices. But now both are running 10.3.0.700 and battery life is back to great.

Battery life is better for me on .700. I still need to upgrade my neglected Q10. I'm on my Z all the time.
    anon721037, moody and Mecca EL like this.
    07-11-14 11:37 AM
    I'm only on page 4 of this thread and can't understand what all the fuss is about. Leaks were great and it was fun while it lasted. Now they'ev stopped and there's nothing we can do. Move along, go outside and play. Most of all be patient and let Blackberry do what it needs to improve.

Just my opinion.
    sickyute likes this.
    07-11-14 12:36 PM
    I'm only on page 4 of this thread and can't understand what all the fuss is about. Leaks were great and it was fun while it lasted. Now they'ev stopped and there's nothing we can do. Move along, go outside and play. Most of all be patient and let Blackberry do what it needs to improve.

Just my opinion.
    What is this "outside" you speak of? Why am I only hearing about it now!?!!??

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 12:41 PM
    What is this "outside" you speak of? Why am I only hearing about it now!?!!??

Posted via CB10
    Since the lack of leaks I've found some new expensive hobbies.. computer games, car audio, theme parks and air plane rides. I pray that leaks start rolling in. My bank account has been suffering massive blows since the leaks were plugged. I can't be bothered with being bored. Haha

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 01:01 PM
    Leaks have been plugged kinda, but you know... A leaky tap normally finds it way to leak again
    07-11-14 01:02 PM
    Since the lack of leaks I've found some new expensive hobbies.. computer games, car audio, theme parks and air plane rides. I pray that leaks start rolling in. My bank account has been suffering massive blows since the leaks were plugged. I can't be bothered with being bored. Haha

Posted via CB10
    Lmao, I've been working too much to notice honestly.....

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 01:19 PM
    Lmao, I've been working too much to notice honestly.....

Posted via CB10
    Well stop taking vacations and gambling all your money away.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 01:21 PM
    Well stop taking vacations and gambling all your money away.

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaa 3 days in Vegas does not a vacation make. That's called a blow out

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-11-14 01:23 PM
    Neat seeing Kris here again don't know what's up with the hate for former leakers. I do know that if I had run away I wouldn't bother defending my self in a thread - Maybe I wouldn't bother no matter what. Hoping for leaks in the future however if BlackBerry has choosen the enterprise security route it might not happen since the image of private persons and It geeks testing their software is probably not a pretty one for some coorporations
    07-11-14 02:19 PM
    Omg!! Does it matter? Did you know what he meant? Really? Is that the best you could come up w/?

If I had a dime for every misspelled word I've typed OR for every correct one I've typed that spell check changed..... I'd have LOTS Of $$$$

End of the day, message still gets there.

It's not a misspelled word. It's an annoying grammar mistake that I see about once a minute on a forum. I feel like Google should plaster a lesson on you're vs. your and their/there/they're on their home page. If the kiddies would just put down their phones during English class....

Anyway, to bring this back on topic, I think the reason peeps are getting upset over lack of leaks is this: BlackBerry is essentially a geek platform nowadays. And what do geeks like to do? Tinker and mod their devices. There is so little activity in the BlackBerry ecosystem that leaks were about the only thing that kept it interesting. I can't remember the last time an app was updated in bbw. The only updates I get are for my android apps via Snap.

While I understand Chen's reasoning for not wanting to "let the cat out of the bag", I think a bigger concern should be to keep the few customers that BlackBerry has left interested. I love my Z30 and use it as my daily driver but my jailbroken 5S is a lot more fun to use.

Just my thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-12-14 05:31 AM

I think the reason peeps are getting upset over lack of leaks is this: BlackBerry is essentially a geek platform nowadays. And what do geeks like to do? Tinker and mod their devices. There is so little activity in the BlackBerry ecosystem that leaks were about the only thing that kept it interesting. I can't remember the last time an app was updated in bbw. The only updates I get are for my android apps via Snap.

While I understand Chen's reasoning for not wanting to "let the cat out of the bag", I think a bigger concern should be to keep the few customers that BlackBerry has left interested. I love my Z30 and use it as my daily driver but my jailbroken 5S is a lot more fun to use.

Just my thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Chen has ruined the only fun around here. He apparently has whoever was providing the leaks so scared they won't do it anymore.

Or maybe it was people here being scumbags to the leakers who ruined it for those of us who were appreciative. In any case 2014 isn't nearly as fun as 2013 was for playing around with the phone.

If you're a fan of all touch devices, Chen isn't your friend. If you're a fan of leaks, Chen isn't your friend. Chen uses an iPhone when people aren't paying attention and he has driven loyal BlackBerry people away. Even Crackberry Kevin isn't using BlackBerry anymore.

BlackBerry needs a CEO like John Legere who believes in his product and is on twitter cussing everyone out who stands in his way.

"I see them long hard times to come"

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    07-12-14 06:31 AM
    It's not a misspelled word. It's an annoying grammar mistake that I see about once a minute on a forum. I feel like Google should plaster a lesson on you're vs. your and their/there/they're on their home page. If the kiddies would just put down their phones during English class....

Anyway, to bring this back on topic, I think the reason peeps are getting upset over lack of leaks is this: BlackBerry is essentially a geek platform nowadays. And what do geeks like to do? Tinker and mod their devices. There is so little activity in the BlackBerry ecosystem that leaks were about the only thing that kept it interesting. I can't remember the last time an app was updated in bbw. The only updates I get are for my android apps via Snap.

Just my thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    A. This is an international forum, so everyone didn't get the same quality English class. Please focus on the content of a post, and live a happier life.

B. This from 6-26 is a leak:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-700-a-941849/

C. In terms of number of geeks per platform, I'd venture to say there are more using custom ROM on android, than total BlackBerry users, and that they passed us up a few years ago.
    Mecca EL, moody, toobs623 and 4 others like this.
    07-12-14 06:38 AM
    A. This is an international forum, so everyone didn't get the same quality English class. Please focus on the content of a post, and live a happier life.

B. This from 6-26 is a leak:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-700-a-941849/

C. In terms of number of geeks per platform, I'd venture to say there are more using custom ROM on android, than total BlackBerry users, and that they passed us up a few years ago.
    Who's afraid of the BigBadWulf, the BigBadWulf, the BigBadWulf....

MEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!

P.s. You misspelled wolf, making me misspell wolf. Now the spell police will give us both citations.

P.s.s. My auto correct changes my correctly spelled "you're" to "your" and "their" to "there" and "if" to "of" and "live" to "love"....... which is a bummer for me to tell my husband I live him and me not catch it

So we need a better auto correct leaked bar.

07-12-14 07:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to purposely now start to use horrible grammar just for your picky ***.

Actually, you've made an annoying grammar mistake yourself. Multiple periods. What are you trying to end that sentence 3 extra times, or are you just hoping people take your stupid emoticon as a after thought? On that note, emoticons are technically grammar incorrect as well.

If your only response was to pick out grammar/spelling mistakes than you need to be doing other things than spending your time on the Internet. You'll find yourself going crazy trying to correct every little mistake.

Posted via the White Knight (aka Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.700)
    07-12-14 08:15 AM

Just my thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    Meh. Spelling errors? Life goes on. LOL. I can type in Zumba on my smartphone....and Zimbabwe may accidently post. As long as a certain person looks hot spelling it-even all wrong......no harm here. . Anyway, I posted something similar about the lack of leaks on yet another thread about the "lack of leaks" or the Great Draught of '14. Leaks are a major topic on here......hell, even a bad one will have many trying it, and post "another" thread, after others have said don't use it. Again, still a main topic. While indirectly not a concern for Chen, it is interesting to watch the withdrawals most of us are putting ourselves thru - daily. LOL. Interesting to see how many are focused on the upcoming Passport vs. the next OS leak for their current device right now. While we get it(the reasoning or should).......I still want a leak.

Yep: .700 & Updated. 700 bar files. Disclaimer: Works for "me". (~_*)
    07-12-14 09:24 AM
    Boring maybe...but then that's why we come here and complain and have fun reading all this ish in here, LOL
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-12-14 10:30 AM
    From BlackBerry's perspective, I understand the desire to plug leaks early on in development, but once the gold SDK comes out, I see little need to squash them further. Not many surprises left. Throw us a bone.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    07-12-14 10:59 AM
    I'm going to purposely now start to use horrible grammar just for your picky ***.

Actually, you've made an annoying grammar mistake yourself. Multiple periods. What are you trying to end that sentence 3 extra times, or are you just hoping people take your stupid emoticon as a after thought? On that note, emoticons are technically grammar incorrect as well.

If your only response was to pick out grammar/spelling mistakes than you need to be doing other things than spending your time on the Internet. You'll find yourself going crazy trying to correct every little mistake.

Posted via the White Knight (aka Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.700)
    Wat do u meen? Spelling lyke thiz isn't proper?

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson and moody like this.
    07-12-14 11:08 AM
    Ok, I think the spell crap has been hammered home. Time to let it go, and focus on the topic.

It's been two weeks since a leak, and that's simply unacceptable!
    07-12-14 11:24 AM
314 ... 34567 ...