07-24-14 09:51 PM
314 123 ...
tools
    Don't know if it's just me but as of late I find the os development to be quite at a stand-still / boring. I'm on 10.2.1.3247. Which I got pushed through my SIM / phone. I kind of remember and miss the old days of a leak every 14 days. I don't wan't to go experimental - anything below 1000 is a no go. Just thinking I can't be the only one missing the days of regular leaks and staying a step ahead here at crackberry.
    07-09-14 03:23 PM
    Ya, rough, leakless, 'normal' life. lol
    07-09-14 03:28 PM
    You and me both buddy.. can't expect leaks every 2 weeks, but once in a while would keep me on the platform. My whole office of over 100 BlackBerry's are changing as of today because the OS is stale and behind.
    07-09-14 03:28 PM
    Don't know if it's just me but as of late I find the os development to be quite at a stand-still / boring. I'm on 10.2.1.3247. Which I got pushed through my SIM / phone. I kind of remember and miss the old days of a leak every 14 days. I don't wan't to go experimental - anything below 1000 is a no go. Just thinking I can't be the only one missing the days of regular leaks and staying a step ahead here at crackberry.
    I doubt its at a standstill. Chen put the kibosh on leaks that's all. I use the .296/442 hybrid on my Z30 for my daily with no issues.. You should go over and join the EXCITEMENT in the 10.3 waiting room
    ubizmo likes this.
    07-09-14 03:29 PM
    I just installed .700 a few days ago which is pretty new.

It 's there if you want it. All I had to do was load the leaked bars afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    Larry Harper likes this.
    07-09-14 03:37 PM
    Not sure android and apple are updating their OSes every month. Or are they?

Question to the guy above who says his office mate is switching cos the OS is stale.
    jaydee5799 and sickyute like this.
    07-09-14 03:40 PM
    Not sure android and apple are updating their OSes every month. Or are they?

Question to the guy above who says his office mate is switching cos the OS is stale.
    Read again with your irony filter turned on.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-09-14 03:51 PM
    You and me both buddy.. can't expect leaks every 2 weeks, but once in a while would keep me on the platform. My whole office of over 100 BlackBerry's are changing as of today because the OS is stale and behind.
    Nice! I guess I also feel left behind due to the lack of success / innovation for full touch devices. Somehow ... I like the current success of BlackBerry as a company. Yet I feel saddened that they've gone back to their classic roots and Q3 2015 seems far away.

It's a cheer that Bla1ze feels my heart felt pain and suffering at Crackberry you'll never walk alone
    07-09-14 03:52 PM
    Ios and Android are fairly stable, IOS more so. Neither have the issues BlackBerry does. They use to, but they've been ironed out. Notice my office is not offering Windows phone?!? Anyways to answer your question, yes both IOS and Android offer leaks through beta programs from what I can see online. I know my brother in law had the latest ios since last fall/winter on his 4s.

Anyways no big deal, I was just agreeing with OP.
    07-09-14 03:54 PM
    Not sure what problems you have. I had an iphone in the past and Android tablets now but don't see how they are supposedly any better besides having more apps. Without the hub and the gesture keyboard they are the ones that feel stale to me. Also know the ios7 update killed the wifi for some so they have bugs as well.

With the. 700 android runtime I don't even really need my android tablet anymore. Hate the fake multitasking it uses.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 04:05 PM
    The struggle is real

Caribbean Z30
    toobs623, snapexp and fragment137 like this.
    07-09-14 04:13 PM
    Rich people problems... I tell ya...
    Jakob Greve and rthonpm like this.
    07-09-14 04:46 PM
    Should we be seeing another dev os at the end of July?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 04:56 PM
    The problem is there haven't really been any real leaks lately. Dev OS doesn't count and 10.2.1 is developed so far that it's just not exciting any more. Need something to pull people along. Go BlackBerry OS devs goooooo

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 04:58 PM
    it seems from the roadmap that the 10.3.1 sdk will be released in august...

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 05:01 PM
    it seems from the roadmap that the 10.3.1 sdk will be released in august...

Posted via CB10
    Is there no clear date? Also where is this roadmap again?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 05:50 PM
    Does my memory leak count?
    07-09-14 05:51 PM
    Nope, only storage leaks count

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 05:53 PM
    Frankly, in as much I have loaded several leaked OS's on my Z10, I admire Chen's keep it close to the chest approach. Why give your competitors a 3-6 month advance peek at what's coming! Take a breath everyone, your phone still works and hope that 10.3.1 and the Passport and Classic can save BlackBerry. No blackberry, no leaks.

Z10 STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296
    07-09-14 06:11 PM
    Can always pay apple $200 for a developer account and get their leaks lol
    toobs623 and eldricho like this.
    07-09-14 06:12 PM
    Does my memory leak count?
    Hey man, that's not funny, my mom has Alzheimer?s

*joking*

(not about the Alzheimer?s thing, about it being funny)

If you find this in bad taste I don't care, I made myself laugh, yay!

Posted via CB10
    homer1475, eldricho, Uzi and 5 others like this.
    07-09-14 06:26 PM
    Can always pay apple $200 for a developer account and get their leaks lol
    It's $99**

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-09-14 06:49 PM
    Wow. Changing as of today because there hasn't been any leaks? Stale and behind? Wow. BB10 has been around 17 months and I think they've had 3 major OS updates. (correct me if I'm wrong) Wow just wow. Good for you. I hope you make all the decisions at your company.

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    07-09-14 07:16 PM
    Wow. Changing as of today because there hasn't been any leaks? Stale and behind? Wow. BB10 has been around 17 months and I think they've had 3 major OS updates. (correct me if I'm wrong) Wow just wow. Good for you. I hope you make all the decisions at your company.

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700
    No man, you got it wrong. I wrote a thread earlier about this in Z10 but Bla1ze shut it down because it was in the wrong place.

Office has over 100 Bb10s. Over the last few months many of them are having problems OS related for example freezing, reboots, contacts disappearing and short battery life as top complaints. IT has had enough I guess, I don't know. The company pays for all the phones and yes I put in a good word 2 years ago to help IT have confidence in the transition from legacy to BB10. Every single person wanted to stay with BlackBerry although another 50 switched to ios and android. It's almost like the devices have an 18 month life because 4out of 5 are experiencing problems. I have no mic anymore, no hdmi working and about 2hr battery life. The IT department wanted to order a bunch of new Z10s and couldn't get them under 4-6weeks (from what I've been told) through Telus. IT didn't give me us a choice, sent out an email saying pick an ios or android device of our liking and they'll replace our phone if it's broken. Can't even get Z30.... Sad I know, but seriously they're inundated with problems the last 2 months. The guys in my office LOVE the leaks, it really does help keep the BlackBerry spirit around here and creates water cooler talk. Without them everyone is talking about the other platforms.
    ayekon, moody and Blacklatino like this.
    07-09-14 08:43 PM
    No man, you got it wrong. I wrote a thread earlier about this in Z10 but Bla1ze shut it down because it was in the wrong place.

Office has over 100 Bb10s. Over the last few months many of them are having problems OS related for example freezing, reboots, contacts disappearing and short battery life as top complaints. IT has had enough I guess, I don't know. The company pays for all the phones and yes I put in a good word 2 years ago to help IT have confidence in the transition from legacy to BB10. Every single person wanted to stay with BlackBerry although another 50 switched to ios and android. It's almost like the devices have an 18 month life because 4out of 5 are experiencing problems. I have no mic anymore, no hdmi working and about 2hr battery life. The IT department wanted to order a bunch of new Z10s and couldn't get them under 4-6weeks (from what I've been told) through Telus. IT didn't give me us a choice, sent out an email saying pick an ios or android device of our liking and they'll replace our phone if it's broken. Can't even get Z30.... Sad I know, but seriously they're inundated with problems the last 2 months. The guys in my office LOVE the leaks, it really does help keep the BlackBerry spirit around here and creates water cooler talk. Without them everyone is talking about the other platforms.
    Personally, every time I install a new leak it puts more life into my aging Z10... My HDMI doesn't work after a a dozen uses either... But I love the phone, so *shrug*
    07-09-14 09:06 PM
314 123 ...