05-01-14 11:51 PM
87 1234
tools
    Yeah I agree, but that brings with it the Wait, waiting, still waiting, aspect of Blackberry.
    But hey, you always know it's "coming soon", lol
    04-26-14 05:02 PM
    IMO, I've used only OS leaks or betas(back in the day) on all of my BlackBerries. So, if I utilize it, then I never complained when I nuked my BlackBerry, or had to reload- apps or contacts. That's the nature of the beast and is understood as a PITA for some that based on a personal choice to use the OS. Personally, I think the leaks are keeping the forums more active by keeping members involved with something positive regarding BlackBerry. Let's face it, there will always be more members happy about leaks than sitting around waiting on an actual carrier's release to upgrade their OS. LOL. I'm always amused at the hype threads about potential OS leaks.....that never happen. One minute the OS Leaker is considered a God( really hurts to say that ish), then when something happens and no OS is leaked, the alleged leaker is thrown into a septic tank or cyber-stoned. Go figure.
    04-26-14 10:19 PM
    Yeah it's coming...soon !

Bucks Cr3ation from http://www.blackberry-10.fr/ 24D0A5E0
    04-26-14 11:40 PM
    Yep, can't wait for another 10.2.0.x build to try
    04-26-14 11:41 PM
    Me too I want 10.0.0.3xxx to try youhou !

Bucks Cr3ation from http://www.blackberry-10.fr/ 24D0A5E0
    vinniesworld likes this.
    04-26-14 11:59 PM
    10.0.0.3xx, who want to try blacklisted OS from BlackBerry ???? WTF
    04-27-14 02:22 AM
    Yep, can't wait for another 10.2.0.x build to try
    Not sure if you're joking or meant 10.2.1 lol

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 02:36 AM
    Some of you really need a girlfriend or a hobby. Life is more than sitting around and waiting for leaks...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 02:58 AM
    Some of you really need a girlfriend or a hobby. Life is more than sitting around and waiting for leaks...

Posted via CB10
    Got anyone you can hook me up with?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-27-14 03:02 AM
    I have a wife. You're right - I need a girlfriend :-P

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 03:48 AM
    Now this thread is nice. It is humorous. There is no bickering except in a friendly way. And it is informative. I like reading these types of threads. Sure beats some of the bickering threads that have been posted here. I give +1000 for this thread! Now...back to my yawning while waiting for the next leak. ahahhaahha
    04-27-14 04:19 AM
    This thread will soon "run its course", like the moderators usually say.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    04-27-14 05:07 AM
    This thread will soon "run its course", like the moderators usually say.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Well when a leak is leaked it will be unnecessary

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-27-14 05:14 AM
    OP is right its soooo boring

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-27-14 05:27 AM
    Chen is one sue happy dude!

People that had already made up their minds that they don't like the company or the company's management have all sorts of creative new claims that they seem to dig out of somewhere when they need something to diss the CEO with.

So this time it's that he is supposedly "sue happy". Lawlz.

Guess what: if you are a BlackBerry user you should be HAPPY he is not allowing the company to assume the position of legal/litigation doormat.

The company just won a major (and frivolous) patent litigation case that had wasted their time/money for 2 years now, and before that they successfully argued to the judge that the likelihood of Seacrest's "Typo" keyboard company legally prevailing with their blatant infringement of BlackBerry's keyboard patents is very slim too, thus that company has been blocked from selling them. If you don't think those things are good for the company, then I think you need to learn some things about business.

RIM Sued by NXP Semiconductor Over Six Patents (Patent Trolls) - BerryReview
    Jury rules against NXP in patent dispute with BlackBerry | PCWorld
    Jury finds BlackBerry did not infringe NXP's alleged standard essential patents (NXP v. BlackBerry) | Essential Patent Blog

As the OS becomes more stabilized, I expect to see even less leaks. We became accustomed to having regular leaks because there were so many things that needed to be fixed and features introduced. The past several leaks have been primarily bug fixes and we might still see a few of those from time to time as Chen is no fool either. However, I think leaks with new features and so on will have much longer wait times in between and I am OK with that. Such is the nature of the beast.

While I agree that the OS is more stable these days, I don't think that is the main reason for the policy shift. I'm more inclined to think Chen and his management team is just not very happy with a situation where he loses control of the company's ability to time their new product announcements in ways that best advantage the company's competitive position, rather than have strategic functionality leaked at a time and in a fashion that undermines the company's competitiveness. I understand that POV. You want to be able to announce something new and interesting during an earnings call or some other company event that is timed for strategic reasons and announced with your preferred tone and spin, without everyone giving you a big frown and deriding you for "old news". Not to mention, early leaks give your competitors more time to come up with responses to your new products and features.

That said - I like playing with leaks myself, and from a completely practical POV if it weren't for some of the ones from last year I would have suffered far longer from ridiculous random reboot issues on my Verizon device than I did once I gave up on the official release and installed a leak on it.

But I just don't think I'm personally entitled to leaks. If they exist, then I'll probably try them - at least on my test device.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    04-27-14 05:59 AM
    Was joking lol. Yes, yes on the girlfriend just to make a change from the wife lol.

Posted via my Z10 10.2.1.2947
    04-27-14 06:28 AM
    My wife thinks my BlackBerry is my girlfriend

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.2947/2759
    04-27-14 06:32 AM

Mine does the same...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 06:37 AM
    My BlackBerry is my gf.....

Boring leakless days in BlackBerry land...-okay.png

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-27-14 06:45 AM
    Jingling pocket... YUP. found two cents!!

I like the leaks. One of the reasons I bought me and my ex-ex-ex-GF Curves back when the track ball was like a fricken Space Shuttle was leaked OS's.

Obviously, BlackBerry out lasted her, I bet they'll out last Apple, too. They actually had a lot in common. I digress.

I remember how stoked I was to find my first leak on the Internet. I had my old Curve at the time (so long ago I can't even remember the model number) and thinking about loading the best and newest on my phone made me save up and buy my (and THE) first Bold. It was like getting your first bike that never had training wheels on it. A beautiful thing.

Ever since then I was hooked. My crack addiction had little to do with some cheesy blinking light, it was about about playing with my phone.

Since then I've learned more about phones, computers, apps, and coding then I ever would have it I went with a stock Apple or Droid phone that places everything nicely in your lap.

I think that having a tight fan base that can go out and teach the sheep users how good their phone is, is a great thing too. "Pass me your phone" beats " wait in line at the Apple Store" any day of the week I think.

Yeah sure. Leaks show the competition what's going on. But let's face it..... they are way off in market share - if tech was the real battle, Canada would be flying the Avero Arrow, and we'd STILL have 8-tracks in the closet. Time-shift is amazing technology (and I'm sure people use it about as much as they swear at and sexually harass poor Siri, not often), but I don't think it was exactly the German cypher of the phone world - and neither is a red accented keyboard.

NOT TO MENTION, that during the heyday of leaking, the carriers were the silent middle-child while blackberry was getting picked on by its bigger brothers - coming up with all kind of reasons why they couldn't integrate data plans, visual voice mail or release software. And at least with my carrier, all-the-while blaming blackberry for it. CB kept my phone relevant to me looooong after the rats jumped ship and left us CAPTAINS BEHIND.

I see it as crowd-sourcing. I'm sure the NSA, Google, my Internet Service Provider and probably Vladimir Putin, all have a comprehensive list of the things I try and keep secret. I don't think blackberry's "new big thing" is going to be secret in the sauce.

Leaks are great. They keep us interested. And I'm willing to bet that when the chips were down, someone came through these forums and through some crap we were ranting about in here and threw it to their development team.

But that being said. If Chen wants to crack some skulls.... he can fill his boots. So long as he doesn't bite the hand that feeds him. The 3 Amigos before him seem to shrivel and stimey like Diefenbaker's Cabinet. RIM took it dry and blind folded, and BlackBerry 1.0 had the right idea but couldn't put its back into it. Suing "Joe the weekend coder" for anything tech or copyright related is tacky. It would reduce the company, I think.

So throw down Chen - I want my panoramic camera so I can go make some art for my apartment.

'outta gas...... night

Z30 Fido
    Last edited by chiefx13; 04-27-14 at 07:45 AM.
    04-27-14 07:27 AM
    Jingling pocket... YUP. found two cents!!

I like the leaks. One of the reasons I bought me and my ex-ex-ex-GF Curves back when the track ball was like a fricken Space Shuttle was leaked OS's.

Obviously, BlackBerry out lasted her, I bet they'll out last Apple, too. They actually had a lot in common. I digress.

I remember how stoked I was to find my first leak on the Internet. I had my old Curve at the time (so long ago I can't even remember the model number) and thinking about loading the best and newest on my phone made me save up and buy my (and THE) first Bold. It was like getting your first bike that never had training wheels on it. A beautiful thing.

Ever since then I was hooked. My crack addiction had little to do with some cheesy blinking light, it was about about playing with my phone.

Since then I've learned more about phones, computers, apps, and coding then I ever would have it I went with a stock Apple or Droid phone that places everything nicely in your lap.

I think that having a tight fan base that can go out and teach the sheep users how good their phone is, is a great thing too. "Pass me your phone" beats " wait in line at the Apple Store" any day of the week I think.

Yeah sure. Leaks show the competition what's going on. But let's face it..... they are way off in market share - if tech was the real battle, Canada would be flying the Avero Arrow, and we'd STILL have 8-tracks in the closet. Time-shift is amazing technology (and I'm sure people use it about as much as they swear at and sexually harass poor Siri, not often), but I don't think it was exactly the German cypher of the phone world - and neither is a red accented keyboard.

NOT TO MENTION, that during the heyday of leaking, the carriers were the silent middle-child while blackberry was getting picked on by its bigger brothers - coming up with all kind of reasons why they couldn't integrate data plans, visual voice mail or release software. And at least with my carrier, all-the-while blaming blackberry for it. CB kept my phone relevant to me looooong after the rats jumped ship and left us CAPTAINS BEHIND.

I see it as crowd-sourcing. I'm sure the NSA, Google, my Internet Service Provider and probably Vladimir Putin, all have a comprehensive list of the things I try and keep secret. I don't think blackberry's "new big thing" is going to be secret in the sauce.

Leaks are great. They keep us interested. And I'm willing to bet that when the chips were down, someone came through these forums and through some crap we were ranting about in here and threw it to their development team.

But that being said. If Chen wants to crack some skulls.... he can fill his boots. So long as he doesn't bite the hand that feeds him. The 3 Amigos before him seem to shrivel and stimey like Diefenbaker's Cabinet. RIM took it dry and blind folded, and BlackBerry 1.0 had the right idea but couldn't put its back into it. Suing "Joe the weekend coder" for anything tech or copyright related is tacky. It would reduce the company, I think.

So throw down Chen - I want my panoramic camera so I can go make some art for my apartment.

'outta gas...... night

Z30 Fido
    Well said thanks for that.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 07:48 AM
    Amen

04-27-14 09:18 AM

You're not alone !

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    04-27-14 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    well well....i have an steady work as a male nurse I have a girlfriend I got a life, some of us just "love" "likee" our BlackBerry's allot and appreciate every leaked OS that comes. and yeah life isn't sitting around waiting for leaks.....its just something some of we do in our free times thus visiting CB reading the forums ect
    .. and hope for a new OS/leak soon....

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 10:07 AM
    One very good thing about WebOS (Palm Pre) was that after a fresh install, after signing into palm profile, it would download all the apps you had earlier along with OS settings.

Think how cool it was. And that too 3-4 years back.

Posted from my Incredible Z10 using CB10.
    04-27-14 11:14 AM
87 1234