Got major issues trying to pair my Bluetooth devices to z10 running the 1925 leak

I originally had my plantronics marque 2 M165 headset paired successfully no problems. Then I paired the blackberry mini bt speaker no problems.

When I tried to revert to my bluetooth headset I was not able to pair the bt headset...I get a notice "pairing was unsuccessful. The device didn't accept the pairing request or pairing ins't allowed."

I tried to re-pair my mini bb speaker same issue.

What gives?? I have tried restarting both the phone and the bt devices and I also tried load the bluetooth bar from 1259. Same problem.

Need help...thanks

Bluetooth anyone? ...annoying  "pairing isn't allowed"-img_20140103_102224.png

Bluetooth anyone? ...annoying  "pairing isn't allowed"-img_20140103_102952.png
    01-06-14 11:14 PM
    when you say "re-pair", do you mean you deleted the existing connections, then paired them again? Thats what usually works for me, especially after installing a fresh OS. Another trick is to delete the connection on the BT device you are trying to setup. For example, my car stereo also saves the connection criteria and I sometimes have to delete it from the stereo memory, delete from phone memory, restart both, then re-establish the connection again.
    01-07-14 01:59 AM
    This happens to my car's bt as well. I can connect by letting the car find my device, and the car's blue tooth says enter the pairing code.
    The pairing code is entered into the phone and it works.

Swiped with my Zulu-3CHO-0MEGA
    01-07-14 11:06 AM
    My recommendation:

On your device, delete ALL "saved" bluetooth devices.

Reset the device.

Make sure you have the plantronics in "pairing mode" and allow your device to detect your plantronics. Allow it to pair and you should be OK. Tell your device to "trust" that pairing if it asks.

I too had a wierd plantronics issue with my Z10. My Moto bluetooth headset has been bullet proof. The approach above worked for me.

Hope this helps you some.
    01-07-14 12:02 PM
    All my devices are deleted
    I have reset my device multiple times.

I have never gotten the option to "trust a device".

Is there a way to put the plantronics in pairing mode? I usually just turn it off then turn it on and on wait for my z10 to see my bt device. The problem is half the time it does not see my device and when it does see my bt device it says pairing isn't allowed.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 02:14 PM
    This happens to my car's bt as well. I can connect by letting the car find my device, and the car's blue tooth says enter the pairing code.
    The pairing code is entered into the phone and it works.

Swiped with my Zulu-3CHO-0MEGA
    How do you add the pairing code?
    Both the BlackBerry mini speaker and the plantronics bt headset does not ask for a pairing code on my device.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 02:16 PM
    OK I finally got it figured out.

I held down the call button on my bt device for about 5 seconds then I clicked pair on my z10 and it worked. Now I could sleep better. Thanks everyone for their help

Posted via CB10
    painterface likes this.
    01-07-14 02:58 PM

I held down the call button on my bt device for about 5 seconds then I clicked pair on my z10 and it worked. Now I could sleep better. Thanks everyone for their help

Posted via CB10
    Love it when a plan comes together.... CHEERS
    niceup likes this.
    01-07-14 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh man, that worked! Thanks! That unsuccessful pairing thing was so annoying.
    02-21-14 07:54 AM