Can anyone tell me their experiences with blitz installs on top of OS'es vs wiped Autoloaders ?

Please!!??

In terms of battery life, android apps and of course on what phone!?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 04:33 PM
    Regardless of what phone you'll have similar experience
    Blitz is easy, you just install the upgraded files, no backup/restore needed. It takes a bit more times in terms of the actual install process, but you save the restore time. I mean if you do it correctly (unfortunately quite a few do it wrong), you may end up having a Frankenstein OS that doesn't work as intended. Occasionally you run into problems with android apps, but nothing you shouldn't be able to fix by install/uninstall
    Many people complain about Blitz causing battery drain later on, but I disagree. I think it's more so that over time because you install more apps, and that just drains more battery.
    Sometimes, but rarely, Blitz can cause functional errors when you update across major revisions, meaning from 10.2 to 10.3 for example. It was a huge problem when 10.2 alpha first came around (problems with contacts app, calender, etc), but it is less of a problem now. I still encourage people to do a clean install (autoloader) with NO RESTORE when updating across major OS revisions just for best performance
    moyah8 likes this.
    06-08-15 04:42 PM
    (Simulated) over-the-air updating is NOT destructive, while autoloading is like factory reset and destructive.

I would recommend the former, that is, updating device software with Sachesi or Darcy's BlackBerry Tools and a "Blitz" zipped collection of core OS, radio, and all app .bar files.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:17 PM
    What they said. Unless you don't care about losing all your data go Blitz. Never ever had any issues.
    06-09-15 07:43 AM
    Ok, cheers!
    I just have some android apps that never work and backup via link is hopeless. It may be my mac..

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:16 AM
    I have done both and prefer Blitz for reasons already stated.

My plan B will be autoloader, if I have any issues with a Blitz update. Starting from scratch isn't a big deal for me, though restoring apps can be tedious.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 02:21 PM
    From 10.2 to 10.3 used autoloader no restore,no issue,any update from 10.3 to 10.3.1.xx and so on used extracted debrick,core,radio on Sachesy,restore contacts and media,no issue,from 10.3.1 to 10.3.2 used Blitz and my Q10 worked fast and smooth but started double typing that never did before.Run home made 10.3.2.798 autoloader fixed it,no double typing-my conclusion,big jump prefer autoloader,the same OS like 10.3.1.25xx to 10.3.1.27xx can be done with Sachesy.
    06-09-15 03:27 PM
    I'm a bit confused as to what a blitz upgrade is. Is this done through Sachi? If so I tried it tonight I used Sachi and exctrated files from the autoloader and placed them in a folder. Then upgraded the device by pointing Sachi to the folder. It proceeded to upgrade the device but the OS Version hasn't changed.

The Software release is 10.3.2.536 and the OS Version is 10.3.2.798. To me it doesn't look like the OS was upgraded. Is this correct? If there's a good set of instructions on how to upgrade using Sachi and an autoloader please let me know.

Thanks!
    06-11-15 11:40 PM
    If there's a good set of instructions on how to upgrade using Sachi and an autoloader please let me know.

Thanks!
    This has been asked so many times that there is now a Stickie for it....

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=825409

(search is your friend)

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    06-12-15 02:19 AM
    Moyah8 I extracted the files from the autoloader and applied them to the device with Saschi but the OS version didn't change. Is this normal?
    06-12-15 03:18 PM
    Moyah8 I extracted the files from the autoloader and applied them to the device with Saschi but the OS version didn't change. Is this normal?
    Nope. Instead of extracting from an autoloader, just download the Blitz and install.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.680
    moyah8 likes this.
    06-12-15 04:38 PM
    Autoloader will always remain the best method of updating. Blitz is good but not as perfect as an autoloader. IMHO

Z30STA100-2/OS10.3.BLACKBERRY
    moyah8 and Pdinos3 like this.
    06-12-15 04:49 PM
    Autoloader will always remain the best method of updating. Blitz is good but not as perfect as an autoloader. IMHO

Z30STA100-2/OS10.3.BLACKBERRY
    There is no consensus on the best method. Sometimes an autoloader is necessary when non-destructive upgrades leave your device malfunctioning or totally hosed.

There is general agreement that restoring can screw up any install. So far, I never backup and never restore.

For me, I used a 10.2.1.xxx autoloader after I replaced my LCD, but have been Blitzing ever since without any issues. Well.....one.....I have an alarm that I cannot delete. No big deal.
    06-13-15 12:01 AM
    Well.....one.....I have an alarm that I cannot delete. No big deal.
    It's probably the default Alarm which can't be deleted for some reason

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-13-15 02:26 AM
    Iam not a pro,but You should extract apps from Debrick file put them in one folder with Core and Radio,choose is Sachesy install new apps from created folder.
    06-13-15 07:47 AM
    Blitz is just all common apps, all core OS and all Radio files for all BB10 phones put together into a single folder in a way that Sachesi understand. You download the Blitz package, unzip it, connect your phone with Sachesi and either drop the Blitz folder to Sachesi or use the Install folder in Sachesi. Sachesi will then install the apps, the correct OS and Radio for your phone.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204 on AT&T
    06-13-15 11:39 PM
    Blitzing is equivalent to an OTA install, with some differences in the way each bar is installed, but in the end it's the same.

Best way to upgrade, IMHO, and based on experience with many upgrades here, is to back up everything on Windows Link (not Mac Link, because the Mac Link restore doesn't have the detailed selective App restore options), then do a Blitz upgrade. If you have problems after the upgrade, then do the autoload, and restore the media data and all the App data except the BlackBerry Runtime, using selective restore, detailed, which is available in Windows Link only. Never restore the Settings data, which is a minimal inconvenience, and you lose your memorized words. Just remember to use Ultimate Backup or the equivalent to back up all your SMS and MMS messages, contacts if not in the cloud, and calendar, if not in cloud.

In sum, if you've backed up first in this way, nothing to lose by Blitzing first, because you always retain the autoloader option if you're not happy.
    06-13-15 11:55 PM