06-10-15 07:56 AM
87 ... 234
tools
    There are tutorials. I used Darcy's BlackBerry Tools to install mine. Just do a search on the forums and you'll find everything you need to do. It's basically connect device to computer via USB. Run DBBT. Login using your device password if necessary. Click Install. Then either drag and drop the folder containing the update files into the DBBT or click Add and select the update folder. Since I wanted to make sure all files were installed, I unchecked the Install newer files only and also unchecked Ignore lists. You can then click install files or you can choose to verify them first if you're paranoid.
    I have no doubt whatsoever that there are probably many MANY descriptions of how to do this, step by step... but there will be many, they will contradict one another in some cases etc, and while I 100% appreciate the effort that goes into making the packages etc., I think a single "reference standard" tutorial would go a long way to helping users like myself... I'm calling on the editors of the for-profit CrackBerry Website to put in the effort to compose and host this tutorial!
    05-31-15 02:49 PM
    It's nobody who runs CB's responsibility to make these sorts of tutorials. Everyone who has donated their time is a community volunteer. Sascha, Darcy, Thurask who made some tools, those who upload Blitz, autoloader etc, and answer questions. It's all time consuming, and we do it for free!

Posted via CB10
    daniel337 likes this.
    05-31-15 03:29 PM
    I have no doubt whatsoever that there are probably many MANY descriptions of how to do this, step by step... but there will be many, they will contradict one another in some cases etc, and while I 100% appreciate the effort that goes into making the packages etc., I think a single "reference standard" tutorial would go a long way to helping users like myself... I'm calling on the editors of the for-profit CrackBerry Website to put in the effort to compose and host this tutorial!
    Everyone should do research and read about loading OSes before doing anything. Many threads have step by step instructions in them but people don't read. People have also posted step by step (with pictures) on how to make an autoloader and the very next post is "how do I make an autoloader?" Also the stickies have many tutorials. People have been spoon fed for way too long. If you have doubts, don't load an OS. No one is forcing you to

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Paul86 likes this.
    05-31-15 04:56 PM
    It's nobody who runs CB's responsibility to make these sorts of tutorials. Everyone who has donated their time is a community volunteer. Sascha, Darcy, Thurask who made some tools, those who upload Blitz, autoloader etc, and answer questions. It's all time consuming, and we do it for free!
    EVERYONE who contributes to CB gives CB material that draws visitors to the site and generates revenue for Mobile Nations. Mobile Nations invests in return by writing tutorials and having contests etc. Yes, a for profit site OWES the contributors these kinds of extras: they make actual MONEY from the contributions of visitors, like yourself. Thanks for your work, but this site isn't a not-for-profit. It is very much FOR profit.

Everyone should do research and read about loading OSes before doing anything. Many threads have step by step instructions in them but people don't read. People have also posted step by step (with pictures) on how to make an autoloader and the very next post is "how do I make an autoloader?" Also the stickies have many tutorials. People have been spoon fed for way too long. If you have doubts, don't load an OS. No one is forcing you to
    If the first post in every thread about something like this had links to directions and a description as to what it's about, then that would be super. That's all. It's not unreasonable for users to not have to piece everything together from dozens of posts across however many threads. It's not supposed to be a mystery, is it?

CB is a great site for the dwindling BlackBerry community to share news, discuss the future, and commiserate. CB is still far and away the most active BlackBerry fan site, in large part thanks to those that post the auto loaders and other files and utilities. My thanks goes out to them: I'm suggesting that perhaps CB staff can carry some of the burden. I wouldn't expect the person who, for free, on their own time, does all the work assembling the build to then scour all the forums to assemble directions, and it doesn't make sense for every individual CB member to individually do it and reverse engineer the process. That's where CB Paid staff add value and keep CB on top as THE go-to site for this stuff.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 05-31-15 at 10:05 PM.
    05-31-15 09:46 PM
    EVERYONE who contributes to CB gives CB material that draws visitors to the site and generates revenue for Mobile Nations. Mobile Nations invests in return by writing tutorials and having contests etc. Yes, a for profit site OWES the contributors these kinds of extras: they make actual MONEY from the contributions of visitors, like yourself. Thanks for your work, but this site isn't a not-for-profit. It is very much FOR profit.

If the first post in every thread about something like this had links to directions and a description as to what it's about, then that would be super. That's all. It's not unreasonable for users to not have to piece everything together from dozens of posts across however many threads. It's not supposed to be a mystery, is it?

CB is a great site for the dwindling BlackBerry community to share news, discuss the future, and commiserate. CB is still far and away the most active BlackBerry fan site, in large part thanks to those that post the auto loaders and other files and utilities. My thanks goes out to them: I'm suggesting that perhaps CB staff can carry some of the burden. I wouldn't expect the person who, for free, on their own time, does all the work assembling the build to then scour all the forums to assemble directions, and it doesn't make sense for every individual CB member to individually do it and reverse engineer the process. That's where CB Paid staff add value and keep CB on top as THE go-to site for this stuff.
    You have to understand that CB can't make an official tutorial for obvious reasons. If something should happen to a members device when loading files, people will whine and complain that they followed the instructions and now they have this or that problem.

If a user decides to mess with his phone or OS he/she has to do it on their own. There is tons of information in this forum but even if after searching and reading you still are unsure or have doubts...you shouldn't mess with your phone.
    conite, Pdinos3, moody and 1 others like this.
    05-31-15 11:37 PM
    Yes, I agree. We should just spoon feed everyone..promote members not to educating themselves by reading. Actually, I haven't done any spooning in quite some time. Someone....please hold me.
    Last edited by Carjackd; 06-01-15 at 07:23 AM.
    moody likes this.
    06-01-15 12:14 AM
    Yes, I agree. We should just spoon feed everyone..promote members not educating themselves by reading. Actually, I haven't done any spooning in quite some time. Someone....please hold me.
    I prefer to be spoon fed. Actually I prefer someone do everything for me while I go to the pool.

P.s. I'll hold you....... under water..... until you stop wiggling.

P.s.s. Poster is merely experiencing what others do which is confusion over which is the "correct" way to load an OS. What he and many others don't understand is there is no "one fool-proof, absolute" way to do it. That's b/c everyone experiences different issues and find diff ways to fix them"

What he DOESN'T get, is its ultimately up to him to go for it, trial & error, until he finds what works best for him.
    Carjackd and Paul86 like this.
    06-01-15 07:12 AM
    I prefer to be spoon fed. Actually I prefer someone do everything for me while I go to the pool.

P.s. I'll hold you....... under water..... until you stop wiggling.

P.s.s. Poster is merely experiencing what others do which is confusion over which is the "correct" way to load an OS. What he and many others don't understand is there is no "one fool-proof, absolute" way to do it. That's b/c everyone experiences different issues and find diff ways to fix them"

What he DOESN'T get, is its ultimately up to him to go for it, trial & error, until he finds what works best for him.
    Stop being so diplomatic damn it!
    PS...as long as you hold me I don't care
    moody likes this.
    06-01-15 07:25 AM
    Stop being so diplomatic damn it!
    PS...as long as you hold me I don't care
    ^^^^ bad word ^^^^

Passport & Z30 & Q10 just b/c I do.
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-01-15 06:03 PM
    ^^^^ bad word ^^^^

Passport & Z30 & Q10 just b/c I do.
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    Sorry, I'll never say diplomatic again

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    moody likes this.
    06-01-15 08:40 PM
    I explained myself pretty clearly, but it seems that those advocating for every user to 'educate themselves' don't get what I was saying. Irony!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:29 AM
    I explained myself pretty clearly, but it seems that those advocating for every user to 'educate themselves' don't get what I was saying. Irony!

Posted via CB10
    Hummmmm your profile picture is a Slider!
    06-10-15 07:56 AM
87 ... 234