06-10-15 07:56 AM
87 1234
tools
    Should this one work from any prior OS (i.e. upgrading from 10.3.1) as well? Thinking of finally making the jump from 10.3.1 to 10.3.2 on my Passport.
    Yes, if you don't mind in compressing the RAR file , drag the folder to Sachesi install tab

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul likes this.
    05-20-15 12:25 PM
    Downloaded and unpacked rar to Blitz_10.3.2.680 directory. Where is the Sachesi folder?

Thanks
    z30
    05-20-15 01:11 PM
    the blitz not install, It remains static after the first file is transferred, either 51% or 65% does not move more
    05-20-15 01:13 PM
    Downloaded and unpacked rar to Blitz_10.3.2.680 directory. Where is the Sachesi folder?

Thanks
    z30
    Do you have Sachesi installed? Hope this is not a stupid question... you need to run a program called Sachesi and drag the contents of this update to the Install tab

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 01:43 PM
    will I have to reinstall data and apps from backup?
    05-20-15 02:34 PM
    will I have to reinstall data and apps from backup?
    Non destructive just like carrier pushed update, OTA. You won't have to reinstall anything

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 03:00 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1018275

In the first post..look for update files for z3
    Same method use sachesi to install

Posted via CB10
    Thanx a lot!

via ZEDThree
    05-20-15 03:33 PM
    Yoo Paul86!! Thanks a lot got my up date and it works pretty smooth. Don't see any problem with this OS built as yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 03:46 PM
    Yoo Paul86!! Thanks a lot got my up date and it works pretty smooth. Don't see any problem with this OS built as yet.

Posted via CB10
    It's not bad at all for a 2nd beta. Battery life could improve though, but it is smoother than 10.3.1, in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 04:45 PM
    Check here. Rob posted a Blitz today

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...pdate-1019747/

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 08:40 PM
    Not sure where to post this question as there a few threads on this update, but here goes.
    With a known BT connection issue with this update is it possible to reinstall one of the earlier OS BT files? Nothing else but that file. I'm thinking that might (stressing the word "might") fix it, or not.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-21-15 03:35 AM
    Not sure where to post this question as there a few threads on this update, but here goes.
    With a known BT connection issue with this update is it possible to reinstall one of the earlier OS BT files? Nothing else but that file. I'm thinking that might (stressing the word "might") fix it, or not.

Not sure how much it has to do with the bluetooth app component or the radio file . If you're talking a 10.3.1 file, I don't think that will work

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-21-15 10:14 AM

Hi, Smokeaire. Looks as though we're the two main participants in this BT issue these days.

I did load the 10.3.2.500 Bluetooth app and even another app with "BT" in the name--no help. I also loaded the 500 radio, but again, no change. I may try one of the 10.3.1 radios, but wonder about the overall compatibility, and whether I'll brick the phone in some way.

I was having the BT disconnect problem with my Passport even on 10.3.1 builds, as I recall, although not as bad as it is with 10.3.2.

Edit: I just loaded the 10.3.1.2745 radio on top of 10.3.2.680--it didn't do anything to the BT connection problem. I have reloaded the 681 radio.
    Last edited by KenV54; 05-21-15 at 12:26 PM.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-21-15 12:00 PM
    Hi, Smokeaire. Looks as though we're the two main participants in this BT issue these days.

I did load the 10.3.2.500 Bluetooth app and even another app with "BT" in the name--no help. I also loaded the 500 radio, but again, no change. I may try one of the 10.3.1 radios, but wonder about the overall compatibility, and whether I'll brick the phone in some way.

I was having the BT disconnect problem with my Passport even on 10.3.1 builds, as I recall, although not as bad as it is with 10.3.2.

Edit: I just loaded the 10.3.1.2745 radio on top of 10.3.2.680--it didn't do anything to the BT connection problem. I have reloaded the 681 radio.
    I'm think of buying another Passport from Amazon. If it works better than I'll sell my first one. If it doesn't I'll return it. Of course I can always get the ATT model, I'm due for a upgrade, but really don't wan't to do that.
    Thanks for doing all that. Sorry it didn't work, all that effort. Maybe it is just defective phones.
    05-21-15 02:30 PM
    I'm think of buying another Passport from Amazon. If it works better than I'll sell my first one. If it doesn't I'll return it. Of course I can always get the ATT model, I'm due for a upgrade, but really don't wan't to do that.
    Thanks for doing all that. Sorry it didn't work, all that effort. Maybe it is just defective phones.
    We're on just about the same page with this. One problem is that if I tried to sell the Passport I'd have to disclose the BT problem and that would bring down the price quite a bit, if I could even sell it. I still think it's in the OS, and I don't want to go back to 3.1 on a new Passport.
    05-21-15 02:44 PM
    Is this a Passport specific BT issues caused by the software update, or perhaps the piece of BT hardware connected?

I am using a stereo Bluetooth headset on Z30, without issue

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 03:34 PM
    Is this a Passport specific BT issues caused by the software update, or perhaps the piece of BT hardware connected?

I am using a stereo Bluetooth headset on Z30, without issue

Posted via CB10
    It's clearly not the BT device(s) because the BT connection problem is present with multiple, unrelated, devices including various Plantronics headsets, two Motorola Boom headsets, and a Pebble watch.

Whether it's the Passport (all Passports or just some defective Passports), or the OS (10.3.2.xxxx and probably later 10.3.1.xxxx versions), or the interaction between these OS's and some or all Passports, no one seems to know.

Because I just bought my current Passport (a replacement PP for one with an unrelated USB port charging defect), I am eligible for direct BB support for 30 days. I just spent an hour with BB support, most of which time involved trying to send a log from the Help app to BB via the Internet. Even that wouldn't work, but I think it had nothing to do with the Passport, because I put the zipped log file on my computer and tried three times to send it by email as instructed, along with the Incident report number, and the BB person, somewhere in Asia, 12 hours ahead of me, said she wasn't receiving the log file. This, despite the fact that the log file was sent and I even got an automated response from BB saying they had received it. The support tech was losing her patience, and may have thought I didn't know what I was doing. I think I've been working with computers for longer than this tech support person has been alive, but I digress.

So--eventually BB will get the log files and they will look at them. Yes, they'll see that I'm on a beta OS, but it's /their/ beta OS, so I shouldn't get the same kind of dismissive response that the third party companies give when they hear "beta OS."
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-21-15 05:51 PM
    This is a Blitz non-destructive upgrade for Passport, Z30/Classic/Leap, Z10 STL100-1/2/3/4, Q10/Q5

*WARNING* You will not be able to downgrade to ANY other OS after installing

Note the file is RAR. You will need to extract the files

All devices (except Z3): https://mega.co.nz/#!ZpkWkBaY!p4l-Fv...ab98YOLBbs_RJ8

Rob posted a Blitz here. Assuming it is a ZIP file that you can drag into Sachesi: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...pdate-1019747/
    Your Blitz is better than Rob's. His has missing wallpaper bar as well as some patch from 10.3.2.500 file that shouldn't even be there. I don't know if he fixed it since. I've updated 2 Passports and a Z10 STL100-1 with the wallpaper bar and a friend has updated a Z30 with the wallpaper bar and has had no issues whatsoever so I'm not a supporter of butchering the OS for this reason especially when it may not be the OS that has a problem.

Posted via CB10
    daniel337 and Paul86 like this.
    05-30-15 03:28 PM
    Can I use this Blitz for directly upgrading from 10.3.1 on Q10? or do i need to be on 10.3.2.500 to use this update?
    Yep. Install all files
    Sorry is that "Yep, you can install directly from 10.3.1" or "Yep, you need to be on 10.3.2?"

Sorry if I'm being thick...
    05-31-15 12:30 PM
    Sorry is that "Yep, you can install directly from 10.3.1" or "Yep, you need to be on 10.3.2?"

Sorry if I'm being thick...
    You do not need to be on 10.3.2 to install a full Blitz file or directory. you only need to be on 10.3.2.500 only if you're using the 10.3.2.500 to 10.3.2.680 patch Blitz/directory.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    05-31-15 12:40 PM
    You do not need to be on 10.3.2 to install a full Blitz file or directory. you only need to be on 10.3.2.500 only if you're using the 10.3.2.500 to 10.3.2.680 patch Blitz/directory.
    So there is a distinction between a "Blitz Patch" and "Full Blitz"? Perhaps there is terminology that makes this distinction clear, but I wasn't aware of the distinction before: I was going to just do the full install, but a search on CrackBerry revealed the existence of this "Blitz" format (that I thought could only be used as a "patch", for example, to update 10.3.2 to a later 10.3.2 build), so if I can these "Blitz" packages without having to backup / install / restore and then reenter all my Hub account credentials, I will try it on my test device (Q5! Love that little thing) before I try it on my daily driver (Z30, love the 16 x 9 screen more than the excellent Q5 keyboard).

I'd love to try 10.3.2 on my daily driver, but not if I have to spend hours backing up my device / installing 10.3.2 completely / restoring from backup and then manually reenter all my login credentials. This sounds like a much more convenient method.
    05-31-15 12:49 PM
    So there is a distinction between a "Blitz Patch" and "Full Blitz"? Perhaps there is terminology that makes this distinction clear, but I wasn't aware of the distinction before: I was going to just do the full install, but a search on CrackBerry revealed the existence of this "Blitz" format (that I thought could only be used as a "patch", for example, to update 10.3.2 to a later 10.3.2 build), so if I can these "Blitz" packages without having to backup / install / restore and then reenter all my Hub account credentials, I will try it on my test device (Q5! Love that little thing) before I try it on my daily driver (Z30, love the 16 x 9 screen more than the excellent Q5 keyboard).

I'd love to try 10.3.2 on my daily driver, but not if I have to spend hours backing up my device / installing 10.3.2 completely / restoring from backup and then manually reenter all my login credentials. This sounds like a much more convenient method.
    I think you're making things more complicated for yourself than is necessary.

It's a good idea to do a backup before installing anything, but with a full Blitz install you won't have to restore or reconfigure anything if it goes well. I have never, ever, had a problem installing a Blitz update, which isn't to say it can't happen, say, if your phone gets bricked for some reason and you have to then use an autoloader.

Forget the patch Blitz. It was just a shortcut for people on 10.3.2.500.

Use the Blitz file here that matches your device and do the upgrade. You'll be done in half an hour, ready to go, and can then start posting about the Bluetooth bugs you now have with 10.3.2.680 if you are on a Passport. :-)
    05-31-15 01:01 PM
    I think you're making things more complicated for yourself than is necessary.

It's a good idea to do a backup before installing anything, but with a full Blitz install you won't have to restore or reconfigure anything if it goes well. I have never, ever, had a problem installing a Blitz update, which isn't to say it can't happen, say, if your phone gets bricked for some reason and you have to then use an autoloader.

Forget the patch Blitz. It was just a shortcut for people on 10.3.2.500.

Use the Blitz file here that matches your device and do the upgrade. You'll be done in half an hour, ready to go, and can then start posting about the Bluetooth bugs you now have with 10.3.2.680 if you are on a Passport. :-)
    Now that the .rar file has finished downloading, I see it is a collection of ".bar" files, and I assume the Sachesi tool is needed (where the difference between a "full" and "patch" is just the number of files in the .rar).

I searched for a "What is a 'Blitz' file, and how to use it!" tutorial on CrackBerry, I didn't see one, so maybe CrackBerry should get on that! :-)
    05-31-15 01:08 PM
    Now that the .rar file has finished downloading, I see it is a collection of ".bar" files, and I assume the Sachesi tool is needed (where the difference between a "full" and "patch" is just the number of files in the .rar).

I searched for a "What is a 'Blitz' file, and how to use it!" tutorial on CrackBerry, I didn't see one, so maybe CrackBerry should get on that! :-)
    There are tutorials. I used Darcy's BlackBerry Tools to install mine. Just do a search on the forums and you'll find everything you need to do. It's basically connect device to computer via USB. Run DBBT. Login using your device password if necessary. Click Install. Then either drag and drop the folder containing the update files into the DBBT or click Add and select the update folder. Since I wanted to make sure all files were installed, I unchecked the Install newer files only and also unchecked Ignore lists. You can then click install files or you can choose to verify them first if you're paranoid.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 01:21 PM
    Your Blitz is better than Rob's. His has missing wallpaper bar as well as some patch from 10.3.2.500 file that shouldn't even be there. I don't know if he fixed it since. I've updated 2 Passports and a Z10 STL100-1 with the wallpaper bar and a friend has updated a Z30 with the wallpaper bar and has had no issues whatsoever so I'm not a supporter of butchering the OS for this reason especially when it may not be the OS that has a problem.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear this one works well.

Only thing you have to do is extract the files since it's a RAR archive. Place them in a folder and drag to Sachesi install tab

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 02:36 PM
87 1234