10-05-14 09:16 AM
91 1234
tools
    probably because ppl want blend and honestly for z30 owners i can find it truly a rightful request not to be left out already for months, their device is less than a year old.
    anon8656116 likes this.
    09-26-14 09:24 AM
    probably because ppl want blend and honestly for z30 owners i can find it truly a rightful request not to be left out already for months, their device is less than a year old.
    I second that but from a business point of view i understand. How many of those 200000 in the first day would not have been sold if they could have updated their Z30? hell I am even thinking about blowing the money to get a passport just so I can use Blend.
    09-26-14 09:36 AM
    from a business view it doesnt worth it to release any updates to a device that has already been sold... the z30 is a ~8 months old phone. i dont think theres anything to justify not pushing the update to it
    09-26-14 09:46 AM
    from a business view it doesnt worth it to release any updates to a device that has already been sold... the z30 is a ~8 months old phone. i dont think theres anything to justify not pushing the update to it
    i can see your point but they need to show that they are selling devices and by not releasing the update to the Z30 they will grow the device sold number. Looks good on paper even though it doesn't work well for us early adopters.
    09-26-14 09:50 AM
    what about ppl who abandoned blackberry because their phone is 8 months old and they are refused to have the latest update until months. im not sure if there are any, but its just as possible
    09-26-14 11:17 AM
    I don't have any "flicking" words problems with the keyboard either and I've been doing full restores too. This is what happens when you let people fool you to believe that wiping your device after running an autoloader is the best thing to do lol. In the case where you haven't wiped, I'm not sure why you're experiencing those specific problems with the keyboard.
    Just like you I do autoloaders and restores. No wipes.
    There have been a couple of threads about the bottom row not wanting to 'flick up' the only time I have an issue is when entering web addresses and wanting to flick '.com'. It absolutely will not flick up

STL-4. 10.3.0.1130
    09-26-14 11:22 AM
    10.3.0.1154, 1172 are all BlackBerry official. They been out for a while.

For carrier branded "official", it?s up to carrier when to release it.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:15 PM
    Have you guys learned nothing from Apple? They release 8.0.1 before it was ready, and they had to pull it back. If BlackBerry did this, it would be catastrophic
    Igor Kurilenko likes this.
    09-26-14 03:48 PM
    #1 This is a opportunity to get consumers to buy a new device (new revenue for BB)
    #2 10.3 isn't optimized for prior BB10 devices.
    09-26-14 03:49 PM
    LOL @ the "well, Z30 should get it" crowd. Really? At least saying it should be on the new device (Passport) only is consistent.

Assuming it's even ready for all devices then yes, it should be available. But even if it was the carriers would sit on it anyway. If you have to have 10.3 then you can always load a leak; it's not that difficult.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:55 PM
    I was just using Apple as a reference. I didn't mean specifically 8.0, just whenever a new major software release is coming, they have it ready for older devices. 7.0 and 8.0 were both full of bugs when they released it.

I just don't understand Blackberry's position to not release a major software to coincide with a new device.

My Z30 has been on 10.3.0.1154 since it has been released, and with only a few minor things (Camera slowness), I love this release, and should be a public software release IMO
    You can't really compare it to Apple because Apple is the only OEM who can release OS updates without waiting for all the carriers to give the OK for release. Rather than have people have a potential bad experience with the software and have to then wait again for the update to be approved, they may as well wait to get it right the first time.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 06:14 PM
    Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie!
    09-26-14 06:40 PM
    Who needs official 10.3? Install the exact same 10.3 OS as an unofficial leak. Then you will see why they have not released 10.3 for other devices. It is not finished! When they finish 10.3 for other devices they will call it 10.3.1.

In other news the largest electronics company in the world just released a small x.x.1 update to the 8th version of their 7 year old OS and it renders their latest phones unusable.
    Baaaammmm. I am glad not to be Apple

And waiting for the official OS does get you thinking about purchasing a Passport

STA-100-3/10.3.0.1154
    09-26-14 07:36 PM
    Isnt a new Porsche just a fancy wrapped Q10? If it is, then this theory about 10.3. not running well on old hardware is not plausible. Not releasing 10.3 for older devices is just a business decision, a stupid one IMO. Both Passport and P'9983 are so much different than any other older models that I can't see reason for this charade. I dont believe anyone will buy Passport or Porsch just because they cant wait 3 months to get new OS.
    jon4400 and anon8656116 like this.
    09-26-14 08:11 PM
    I almost agree with the OP. Look at Apple.. They release a new piece of hardware, and all the software for the previous devices gets released so they all have the same capability. Blackberry is not in a comfortable place enough in the market place anymore to hold back on anything.

If the software is ready, then release it officially.
    Ya. Just look at Apple and their latest releases. Pulled, patched and patched again. No thanks.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    09-26-14 09:50 PM
    Isnt a new Porsche just a fancy wrapped Q10? If it is, then this theory about 10.3. not running well on old hardware is not plausible. Not releasing 10.3 for older devices is just a business decision, a stupid one IMO. Both Passport and P'9983 are so much different than any other older models that I can't see reason for this charade. I dont believe anyone will buy Passport or Porsch just because they cant wait 3 months to get new OS.
    And you should realise that porsche design devices have special kind of pins. Hence luxury to those who own it.

BlackBerry Passport: It doesn't BEND but you can BLEND
    09-26-14 11:13 PM
    the only thing that bugs me is they did a good job of rolling out blackberry blend client, on the apple store, on play store but only the 200k folks who bought the passport would be able to use it now.
    Thrace Ist likes this.
    09-27-14 06:02 AM
    blackberry roll out 10.3.1 for all bb10 device right now??? Impossible

Next year maybe... the reason that I wont use BB anymore, bad support. My Z10 now only piece of junk
    09-27-14 06:15 AM
    the only thing that bugs me is they did a good job of rolling out blackberry blend client, on the apple store, on play store but only the 200k folks who bought the passport would be able to use it now.
    so apple and android users are allowed to start use blend right away before the "dedicated and devoted" owners of Z10/Z30 ? Am i getting it correctly ?
    09-27-14 06:29 AM
    so apple and android users are allowed to start use blend right away before the "dedicated and devoted" owners of Z10/Z30 ? Am i getting it correctly ?
    the blend app won't do anything without a 10.3 device. currently just wasting space on my ipad.
    09-27-14 07:17 AM
    I think some of you are coming down a little too harsh on the OP. Maybe he's just super keen to get the latest software on his BlackBerry and can't stand waiting. Never understood people that post "don't whine". Agree or disagree but the OP is just sharing his opinion and we should respect that.

I too am slightly impatient for the release of 10.3.1 on my Q10 but I am running the leak so really its just about the dark hub

Posted via CB10
    Thrace Ist likes this.
    09-27-14 07:24 AM
    They focused all their attention on getting the Passport ready, now they can turn their attention to getting 10.3.1 ready.

I understand the impatience but they're doing it the right way, let them do their thing.

Posted via CB10
    Igor Kurilenko likes this.
    09-27-14 07:39 AM
    I'm rolling back to 10.2.1 because off the camera

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:23 AM
    Isnt a new Porsche just a fancy wrapped Q10? If it is, then this theory about 10.3. not running well on old hardware is not plausible. Not releasing 10.3 for older devices is just a business decision, a stupid one IMO. Both Passport and P'9983 are so much different than any other older models that I can't see reason for this charade.
    It’s a strategic decision for sure. But even from ‘a business point of view’ this exclusivity is a questionable decision for their business customers. Suppose there are companies which consider adopting or allowing the Passport very soon, in addition to other BlackBerry 10 devices. This means that they have to start offering support for the Passport alone, which means running two different OS versions simultaneously. It would be much easier if all BlackBerry 10 phones had the same software from the start, it’s more efficient and less prone to faults. So I’d assume that this decision could actually prolong or even prevent their business customers from adopting the Passport or even newer devices.

What’s more, 10.3 needs to be adopted by developers as well. I doubt that many developers will even consider doing something for the Passport’s unusual size, which means that by delaying 10.3, there won’t be any reason to update apps now, thereby reducing the traction the Passport will gain. Developers are already not flocking to BlackBerry 10, this unnecessary fragmentation is poisonous.

Aside from this, as a consumer I just hate that they do this. I love getting new software and I’m super excited about what’s happening around me. iOS 8 has been released, Android L is about to be demonstrated, Windows Phone had its last release a couple of months ago. BlackBerry 10 on the other hand still goes largely unnoticed and there probably won’t be any attention until 10.3.X is rolled out on a larger scale, which could be, due to carrier restraints, next year. And what about 10.4? As long as 10.3.1 isn’t there, there won’t be any room for new software. It’s simply slowing down. That’s just a disappointing prospect for a smartphone enthusiast.
    Last edited by Eitot; 09-27-14 at 10:31 AM.
    09-27-14 10:19 AM
    blackberry roll out 10.3.1 for all bb10 device right now??? Impossible

Next year maybe... the reason that I wont use BB anymore, bad support. My Z10 now only piece of junk
    Only an ignorant moron would make such a statement. Your Z10 is the best phone you'll ever own.

Go downgrade to an iPhone and crawl back into your troll hole...
    09-27-14 12:30 PM
91 1234