10-05-14 08:16 AM
91 123 ...
tools
    Blackberry should roll out an official 10.3 right away for other devices, as it is not fair while it is officially out with Passport. Why should the customers with no Passport, be deprived of new features of 10.3, Blackberry Blend and Assistant at least for a month or 2 ?

It is simply not fair.

What do you guys think about it ?
    09-25-14 10:51 AM
    That's the game of business for you. The passport must sell.
    They have made it known before now that current devices in the market are not getting 10.3
    They will only get 10.3.1 later this year.
    So, if you ain't pleased with that, go get yourself a passport or a porsche(which is their intention to sell the passport)
    bungaboy, spikesolie and menshawy like this.
    09-25-14 10:57 AM
    Blackberry should roll out an official 10.3 right away for other devices, as it is not fair while it is officially out with Passport. Why should the customers with no Passport, be deprived of new features of 10.3, Blackberry Blend and Assistant at least for a month or 2 ?

It is simply not fair.

Like they said above, its BUSINESS.
    You would rather they delay hardware for software? One makes money, the other is FREE.....

Your idea that this isn't fair.... WHO SAID LIFE WAS FAIR? You sound like a child.
    Is it fair to BB that they spend months developing hardware for no one to upgrade? Or to have to be criticized bc you don't understand business?

So what do I think.... I think you're unreasonable and ill-informed.
    09-25-14 11:00 AM
    I am trying to be realistic. It always happened like that, sooner or later, a very close leaked version, to the official one, will be out and people will install and try to use new features like blackberry blend and we will have to suffer from the "working and non-working" issues for a while till the official one is out.. While bothering so much and wasting so much time on behalf of consumers ?
    09-25-14 11:22 AM
    Why is it not fair? Do you have a promise from BlackBerry to receive the 10.3 update at the moment of the Passport launch? Have you been mislead into buying your device on this assumption?
    Last edited by serbanescu; 09-25-14 at 11:38 AM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-25-14 11:26 AM
    I am trying to be realistic. It always happened like that, sooner or later, a very close leaked version, to the official one, will be out and people will install and try to use new features like blackberry blend and we will have to suffer from the "working and non-working" issues for a while till the official one is out.. While bothering so much and wasting so much time on behalf of consumers ?
    What you are saying is unrealistic.
    Furell likes this.
    09-25-14 11:36 AM

It is simply not fair.

Technically it is already out, as the current Passports has 10.3.0.1052 pre-installed. 10.3.0.1052 has been out (leak) for quite awhile now.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:42 PM
    Technically it is already out, as the current Passports has 10.3.0.1052 pre-installed. 10.3.0.1052 has been out (leak) for quite awhile now.

Posted via CB10
    yes, except with one difference that the leaked one has many bugs whereas the pre-installed is supposed to be stable.
    09-25-14 01:18 PM
    get the leak, stop whining. i was fed up like you and i got the leak 1154.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-14 01:31 PM
    Passport has 10.3 because it can run the current 10.3 in an acceptable manner. Quad cores and 3gb of RAM ain't for nothing.

The current 10.3 on the next most powerful BlackBerry, the Z30, is not a consumer-worthy experience. Stutters, lags, can't run camera with other apps going, and so forth.

What you call "fair" would amount to BlackBerry shooting themselves in the foot by releasing an unstable OS, which harms the company and impacts shareholders and customers alike. THAT would be unfair.

Want 10.3 now? Install a leak or buy a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    noez92, Furell, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-25-14 01:33 PM
    yes, except with one difference that the leaked one has many bugs whereas the pre-installed is supposed to be stable.
    They are the same. One is no more stable than the other

STL-4. 10.3.0.1130
    09-25-14 01:52 PM
    What everyone else said. You haven't paid for 10.3, you paid for whatever you got when you purchased your device. They don't owe you anything, live with it.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-25-14 01:55 PM
    I almost agree with the OP. Look at Apple.. They release a new piece of hardware, and all the software for the previous devices gets released so they all have the same capability. Blackberry is not in a comfortable place enough in the market place anymore to hold back on anything.

If the software is ready, then release it officially.
    09-25-14 01:56 PM
    They are the same. One is no more stable than the other

STL-4. 10.3.0.1130
    Except it's not.
    The autoloader was pieced together.
    Example being the radio. Which is the buggiest part running this leak on z10.
    09-25-14 02:03 PM
    I almost agree with the OP. Look at Apple.. They release a new piece of hardware, and all the software for the previous devices gets released so they all have the same capability. Blackberry is not in a comfortable place enough in the market place anymore to hold back on anything.

But it's not ready for all devices.

And ios 8 didn't get pushed to iPhone 4 and it's not great on the 4s...so not all previous devices.
    09-25-14 02:06 PM

This is what exactly i meant. I would have totally agree with CarbonKevin's comments if 10.3 is meant to be designed for only more powerful hardware like Passport, but we all know that 10.3 will also be available for other devices as well, so why this delay. This is the thing i object. As for some posters stated above; i also agree that i am not promised to have endless upgrades with my Z10 or Z30, but one really expects simultaneous upgrade if this OS is announced to be in your device some time in the future.
    09-25-14 02:12 PM
    This is what exactly i meant. I would have totally agree with CarbonKevin's comments if 10.3 is meant to be designed for only more powerful hardware like Passport, but we all know that 10.3 will also be available for other devices as well, so why this delay. This is the thing i object. As for some posters stated above; i also agree that i am not promised to have endless upgrades with my Z10 or Z30, but one really expects simultaneous upgrade if this OS is announced to be in your device some time in the future.
    But BlackBerry has never operated this way.
    Why do you expect it to change now??
    They couldn't even stop leaks, and they publicly expressed the desire to do so.
    09-25-14 02:15 PM
    Apple pushed their updates and the newest one had to be pulled back due to severe problems. Would you prefer a half-baked BBOS?

BlackBerry is definitely is no position to do that!

Give them a chance I'm sure when its released it will be worth the wait. They are just trying to create excitement for the new Passport and many features in 10.3 just puts a little more icing on the cake!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:16 PM
    But BlackBerry has never operated this way.
    Why do you expect it to change now??
    They couldn't even stop leaks, and they publicly expressed the desire to do so.
    It's a wish and expectation from Blackberry so that its "dedicated" consumers would be happier.

@fsecure Apple has already a very bad reputation for updates, so i cannot imagine comparing the two companies. And to me, Passport is a breakthrough but i do not think that 10.3 will be the main factor for passport sales. They did not even highlighted the 10.3 "so much" during the Passport Launch Event, instead they focused on newer feautures and capabilities of the Passport. I believe the device will already sell itself.
    09-25-14 02:36 PM
    You're mistaken, sadly. 10.3 won't be released for any device other than the Passport and the P8893. 10.3.1 will be released for current and older models later this year. 10.3.1 will be optimized to run on the older hardware.

Regardless of the fact that leaked 10.3 builds run on older hardware or not is irrelevant when BlackBerry hasn't fully tested said builds on the older devices in any fashion; so either be patient and wait for the official release of 10.3.1 or install a 10.3 leak and deal with whatever issues you encounter.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:38 PM
    Many forget that adjusting an OS for mainstream market takes time. Leaks are quite current, and by the looks of it BlackBerry is not ready to lunch 10.3 or 10.3.1 to the market. They are still getting the kinks out.
    Also we must remember that carriers need to approve an OS for every device. Carriers knowing that 10.3.1 would be coming out within 2 months, of 10.3 lunch, could have just said they will skip it, so the 10.3.1 can be approved faster
    09-25-14 02:40 PM
    Agreed with the rest. Either buy a passport or wait like the rest of us. It gives them more time to bug hunt and fix and we benefit from a more stable os.

Quit your whining lol.
    09-25-14 02:59 PM
    It's a wish and expectation from Blackberry so that its "dedicated" consumers would be happier.

@fsecure Apple has already a very bad reputation for updates, so i cannot imagine comparing the two companies. And to me, Passport is a breakthrough but i do not think that 10.3 will be the main factor for passport sales. They did not even highlighted the 10.3 "so much" during the Passport Launch Event, instead they focused on newer feautures and capabilities of the Passport. I believe the device will already sell itself.
    We all wish that we could get paid to not work, but no one thinks it's a reasonable response to whine about it ad nauseam.
    09-25-14 03:07 PM
    Everyone on Crackberry wants 10.3.(1). Everyone on Crackberry wants Blend, and all the new features...And we all want these things RIGHT NOW. The fact that i'm reading other wise is amazing. Something is up on this forum.
    09-25-14 03:18 PM
    Except it's not.
    The autoloader was pieced together.
    Example being the radio. Which is the buggiest part running this leak on z10.
    No problems here running 1052 on my Z10. Autoloader, restored from backup and all.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:45 PM
91 123 ...