02-12-16 06:45 PM
31 12
tools
    Hi guys,

Just imagine if BlackBerry could bundle BB10 os on a s6 or i6 or what ever.

Do you think it would help keeping BB10 alive ?

Would you love have it ?

It's just a thinking, an imagination to disscuss if you agree

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 06:35 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 06:40 PM
    BlackBerry tried that with Thorsten Heins, nobody wanted it.

Well, maybe Lenovo, but handing over the keys to their mobile devices to a Chinese OEM wasn't a particularly enticing proposition to the Canadian government.
    01-30-16 06:42 PM
    Agreed but i am not thinking about lenovo.
    But a Samsung branded device would make sense... should be better stratgy than promoting Tizen in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 08:17 PM
    Agreed but i am not thinking about lenovo.
    But a Samsung branded device would make sense... should be better stratgy than promoting Tizen in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Tizen seems destined for watches, but I don't think Samsung can do anything to prop BB10 up. Sure, they've got a lot of cash, but there's very little market for BB10. Why spend however much it is to get BB10 and market to enterprise when they're already doing that with Knox?
    01-30-16 08:33 PM
    I agree on all what you say.

But i imagine the opposite interest.

BlackBerry has failed to propose high End full touch device to compete.
    The main Achilles' heel is the hardware quality
    The second is the features that can amaze.
    The third is the lack of apps.

BlackBerry should put money on the table to ask Samsung to develop a hardware for BlackBerry 10 os.

I am sure new consumer would be interested.

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    01-30-16 08:48 PM
    I agree on all what you say.

But i imagine the opposite interest.

BlackBerry should put money on the table to ask Samsung to develop a hardware for BlackBerry 10 os.

Posted via CB10
    I'd put your list of flaws in reverse order, actually.
    Yass85 likes this.
    01-30-16 08:56 PM
    Tizen seems destined for watches, but I don't think Samsung can do anything to prop BB10 up. Sure, they've got a lot of cash, but there's very little market for BB10. Why spend however much it is to get BB10 and market to enterprise when they're already doing that with Knox?
    Tizen also runs on Samsung's TV's which are gaining a lot of traction and sales lately.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    01-31-16 01:14 AM
    Tizen also runs on Samsung's TV's which are gaining a lot of traction and sales lately.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    But still, nothing as high-level as a phone or tablet.

QNX is in a similar situation.
    01-31-16 01:41 AM
    Guys we are talking of BlackBerry RIM

If RIM could invest money why would should be put that on Samsung and not BlackBerry developing crew instead ?

I want a BlackBerry built and developed by the Canadian RIM and not some kind of recycled handicapped device . I know maybe I am dreaming.

I'm really concerned on what I'm going to handle after Z10. I had an S6 for a while and I just felt Lost!

To giggly, to pretty, too kind to many apps and games!

I am afraid I will end up with some iPhone or back to 9900. At least I'd have: proper security , proper encryption , proper querty keyboard, proper push services.

I agree on all what you say But i imagine the opposite interest.

Posted via CB10

Posted from my Blackbeast
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    01-31-16 06:59 PM
    PS I also like to Carrie a BlackBerry because it stays out of masses.

1%? Who cares . Isn't that 1% the most...?

Even better. Just ask for more money to clients so that RIM can develop better device for just some clients.

01-31-16 07:07 PM
    I am just like you.

We think the same way.

The only idea is that BlackBerry has failed to build a Great hardware when they have produced the best os ever.

I can buy a mac book pro retina and get Linux on it.

Why not having an HTC Mx with BlackBerry 10.

I just wonder if...

The best would be BlackBerry giving us a wonderful phone on bb10 with lot of amazing features, hardware huge techi capability and lot of software features.

I love m'y Passport. I just think they could have dme better easily.
    I feel angry when i see that they are not doing think 100% perfect. They always fail to get to the bottom of it.

Just an example : 4k recording on Passport. We know it works. Why the camera is restrained ?
    An other One : I remember a well known former BlackBerry guy saying that BlackBerry fans needed amazing features that wonder their use. Nothing happened since...

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 07:54 PM
    I am just like you.

We think the same way.

The only idea is that BlackBerry has failed to build a Great hardware when they have produced the best os ever.

I can buy a mac book pro retina and get Linux on it.

Why not having an HTC Mx with BlackBerry 10.

I just wonder if...

The best would be BlackBerry giving us a wonderful phone on bb10 with lot of amazing features, hardware huge techi capability and lot of software features.

I love m'y Passport. I just think they could have dme better easily.
    I feel angry when i see that they are not doing think 100% perfect. They always fail to get to the bottom of it.

Just an example : 4k recording on Passport. We know it works. Why the camera is restrained ?
    An other One : I remember a well known former BlackBerry guy saying that BlackBerry fans needed amazing features that wonder their use. Nothing happened since...

Posted via CB10
    Only thing is that the mac book is not much different than any Windows based laptop

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 09:00 PM
    Hi guys,

Just imagine if BlackBerry could bundle BB10 os on a s6 or i6 or what ever.

Do you think it would help keeping BB10 alive ?

Would you love have it ?

It's just a thinking, an imagination to disscuss if you agree

Posted via CB10

While better hardware was something that many BlackBerry users wished for..... the reason that consumers stayed away was APPS. Without it's own easy to install and officially supported ecosystem, the hardware really doesn't matter. So no it wouldn't have keep BB10 alive.....

Now if yo are talking about BB10 on a S6 or an i6 type hardware, AND we had a equal ecosystem.... yeah that would have been great!
    02-01-16 08:36 AM
    While better hardware was something that many BlackBerry users wished for..... the reason that consumers stayed away was APPS. Without it's own easy to install and officially supported ecosystem, the hardware really doesn't matter. So no it wouldn't have keep BB10 alive.....

Now if yo are talking about BB10 on a S6 or an i6 type hardware, AND we had a equal ecosystem.... yeah that would have been great!
    Yeah, if Blackberry had that around 2009, they would have crushed it.
    02-01-16 09:25 AM
    This is exactly my point. These type of phone with apps ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 09:42 AM
    This is exactly my point. These type of phone with apps ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    Yes ecosystem was one of the bigger problems BlackBerry faced in trying to get acceptance of their new "platform". We have been "discussing" that for three years now.... you're a little late to the party.

And ecosystem is why they are moving on to Android.
    02-01-16 10:43 AM
    just when you think it can't get any worse........
    mainely_linux likes this.
    02-01-16 12:45 PM
    I relay like BB10. The app situation is a problem. Maybe this is me. But eventually shouldn't we stop making devices that are limited to app stores. The Web Browser is so good in BB10. I don't use many apps like Facebook, Twitter, ect. Maybe, HTML 5 isn't the savoir here.

All I know for myself. I won't be getting an android phone. Even if BlackBerry's name is on it. No apple phone either.
    02-01-16 12:48 PM
    never ever happened ;P

so people now starting of wanting a Apple device but with BB-OS10.. wow, or what about a Samsumsum with OS10, well that would be an eye catcher...

guys... if you want OS10 on your device I'm afraid to say, in that case you will need do get the real deal and get a Blackberry PassPort or a Classic, end of story.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-01-16 01:54 PM
    "Dunt Dunt dunt" you missed it ! Read the topic. It's not about apps but about the os on LG or HTC replacing their Windows Phone brand for example.

Then it's just thing because we do care about BlackBerry 10 !

"Hobgoblin 1861". I have and love my Passport ! This is not the point ! We just are wondering if BlackBerry would get more succes on prosumer and consumer with different hardware for BlackBerry 10.

And by the way, I do not need any App on my Passport. Cobalt patched G Services is awsome.
    BlackBerry runtime is a not so good but everything works !

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 04:17 PM
    It's naive to think it would be just the case of getting any sort of autoloader or install file to transfer OS10 to a non-BlackBery phone.
    The thing is that BlackBerry hard and software are signed and certificates on every level to make sure everything providing the unique BlackBerry security to be trusted on.
    Other mobile hardware do not provide this level of security and can therefore not been trusted. As we can see with any of the other device makers, Almost weekly we can read about this flaws all over the news, so blackberry would never ever give up this sort of ground up security level the company is known for.

No point to give away OS10 just to anyone, it's not M$-win and certainly not DOS-6.2 that would run on any toasters

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-01-16 04:57 PM
    Why don't keep the develop using the OS 10 as a pioneer discoverer using the best hardware and tech the market can offer?

Then sell the devices over 15 hundreds quid each.

Then you sure make the difference saying:

"This is a BlackBerry".

02-01-16 05:21 PM
    Then BlackBerry has to do it better they they ever did !

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 05:59 PM
    Turn over

02-01-16 06:56 PM
31 12