What OS are you on right now? If you are on OS 10.2.1, you're supposed to run Radio autoloader 10.2.1 not 10.3.1

Sent from my Z30
    01-06-15 11:45 AM
    I've been trying to research the issue in the forums, and from what I've found the 2 blinks
    every 3 seconds (or so) means there is no OS on the phone.

When the autoloader ran, it specifically said it was installing the radio file, only. It finished
    w/no problems, and exited cleanly. Looks like my phone is bricked, and this blows.

Well, looks like I'll be moving to the full 10.3.1.1949 sooner than I thought I would.

Thanks for your help, but the blame is all mine. I won't use that method to update my
    radio file ever again.

Have a great day!
    01-06-15 11:57 AM
    sorry to hear that...., your phone is soft brick due to incompatible radio file, you can run OS 1949 autoloader to fix it and upgrade your phone.

Sent from my Z30
    codeslinga likes this.
    01-06-15 12:03 PM
    sorry to hear that...., your phone is soft brick due to incompatible radio file, you can run OS 1949 autoloader to fix it and upgrade your phone.

Sent from my Z30
    Yeah, that was my mistake. The file was clearly labeled like it was the right one, and I thought I'd taken all of the precautions I needed to take before beginning?

From now on, I'm only extracting radio files from full autoloaders and installing those via Sachesi, like I've done in the past. This is what I get for trying to save some time.

Thanks for your advice, by the way. I've got .1949 installed now, and things are running very well. There are a few differences between this load and the .1016 load I was running before, and all is well so far.

Have a great day! I'm about to reformat my SD card and say goodbye to 11 GB of data.
    01-06-15 12:32 PM
    Yeah, that was my mistake. The file was clearly labeled like it was the right one, and I thought I'd taken all of the precautions I needed to take before beginning?

From now on, I'm only extracting radio files from full autoloaders and installing those via Sachesi, like I've done in the past. This is what I get for trying to save some time.

Thanks for your advice, by the way. I've got .1949 installed now, and things are running very well. There are a few differences between this load and the .1016 load I was running before, and all is well so far.

Have a great day! I'm about to reformat my SD card and say goodbye to 11 GB of data.
    I hope I'm not too late here, and I say this having never run a radio only autoloader myself, but from what I understand you should be able to just reflash the core OS with sachesi and everything should come right back like a non destructive upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:00 PM
    Could anybody post me the sysmon.bar for 10.3.1.632/634. I need to correct the device monitor bug in 10.3.1.1154... thanks in anticipation

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:35 AM
    Hi thurask, where autoloader os 10.3.1.2072 + radio 10.3.1.2073 for Z3 ? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:56 PM
    Hi thurask, where autoloader os 10.3.1.2072 + radio 10.3.1.2073 for Z3 ? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't exist.
    01-14-15 11:13 PM
    Never mind, I have the file now.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 06:15 AM
    thank you a million ... but can you tell me from your personal experience which is the best OS or the one which is less buggy in the 10.3.1 ???
    01-18-15 01:35 PM
    thank you a million ... but can you tell me from your personal experience which is the best OS or the one which is less buggy in the 10.3.1 ???
    10.3.1.2072 is treating me nicely so far. But try one out and if you like it run with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 01:58 PM
    How can we use any of them utilities?

From Leonardo DiCaprio's BlackBerry
    01-20-15 12:30 PM
    How can we use any of them utilities?

From Leonardo DiCaprio's BlackBerry
    I assume you mean the scripts, cap and cfp, no?

Scripts are historical artifacts and have been superseded: https://github.com/thurask/archivist

Cfp and cap are detailed in other threads, although there are more user friendly ways to access their capabilities (Sachesi, Darcy's Tools, etc).

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:56 PM
    Hi, thurask. Pls autoloader 10.3.1.2072 for Z3 on bitcasa? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 11:07 PM
    Hi, I just downloaded official 10.3.1 and dislike it. STL-100-3... I did a secure erase, factory reset and 10.3 still shows up. Then I restored a back up file made with 10.2 and after the update 10.3 is still there! Is there a way I can roll back to the last official release of 10.2?

I'm only asking because I've never done anything other than official updates before and I really don't like 10.3, would like to go back.

Thanks
    02-21-15 11:32 PM
    Thank you, this is what all we need, executable file and could be download by our custom downloading software without need depend on the browser which are so helpful for the 3rd world developing country that has a slow internet connection. Thank you once again.
    02-22-15 05:12 AM
    Hi, I just downloaded official 10.3.1 and dislike it. STL-100-3... I did a secure erase, factory reset and 10.3 still shows up. Then I restored a back up file made with 10.2 and after the update 10.3 is still there! Is there a way I can roll back to the last official release of 10.2?

I'm only asking because I've never done anything other than official updates before and I really don't like 10.3, would like to go back.

Thanks
    Factory resets only delete the data on your device, not the OS. Same with restoring a 10.2 backup, that will have absolutely no effect and probably make things worse. You need to 'nuke' your device, then reload the carrier OS from Link. You can use sachesi to nuke it so Link can't detect your device and it will reload the latest carrier OS to repair it. You could also try to fake out Link by hitting the 'reload' button then plugging in your device while it is powered off.

Lastly, you could use the OS archive here to try and download and run a 10.2 autoloader. I would try the first two options though, Link has always worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:33 AM
    Factory resets only delete the data on your device, not the OS. Same with restoring a 10.2 backup, that will have absolutely no effect and probably make things worse. You need to 'nuke' your device, then reload the carrier OS from Link. You can use sachesi to nuke it so Link can't detect your device and it will reload the latest carrier OS to repair it. You could also try to fake out Link by hitting the 'reload' button then plugging in your device while it is powered off.

Lastly, you could use the OS archive here to try and download and run a 10.2 autoloader. I would try the first two options though, Link has always worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for replying. Well, I just tried "faking out" Link by pressing reload and then plugging in device and it just says 10.3.1 update is available. When I had 10.2 the 10.3.1 update became available as a software update so 10.3.1 is what the carrier has now.

I feel like 10.3.1 has been officially forced on me (us) with no way to go back now even though I did the right thing and saved a full back up before doing this update.
    02-22-15 10:52 AM
    Thanks for replying. Well, I just tried "faking out" Link by pressing reload and then plugging in device and it just says 10.3.1 update is available. When I had 10.2 the 10.3.1 update became available as a software update so 10.3.1 is what the carrier has now.

I feel like 10.3.1 has been officially forced on me (us) with no way to go back now even though I did the right thing and saved a full back up before doing this update.
    Respectfully, I believe you will be in the minority feeling that 10.2 is superior to 10.3.1. But as a last ditch effort you could try to nuke the device with sachesi, then download and install a 10.2 autoloader of your choosing. If you turn automatic software updates off on your device you might be able to nurse it along for a little while, but if problems present themselves carriers will always point to you not running the latest device software as the problem and you're going to be harassed by Link every time you use it to update. I do think you will love 10.3.1 with time, as the improvements with the OS and android runtime are miles ahead of what 10.2 had to offer.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 05:13 PM
    Respectfully, I believe you will be in the minority feeling that 10.2 is superior to 10.3.1. But as a last ditch effort you could try to nuke the device with sachesi, then download and install a 10.2 autoloader of your choosing. If you turn automatic software updates off on your device you might be able to nurse it along for a little while, but if problems present themselves carriers will always point to you not running the latest device software as the problem and you're going to be harassed by Link every time you use it to update. I do think you will love 10.3.1 with time, as the improvements with the OS and android runtime are miles ahead of what 10.2 had to offer.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, well I wouldn't say 10.2 is superior 10.3 but for my needs the layout and functionality is way more to my liking. For example I need to have magnify mode on and in 10.3 with it enabled every time the device wakes up it auto zooms my screen and throws everything off, every single time! I have to pinch zoom down then resume right off the bat. I couldn't just start using my screen with one hand. In 10.2 magnify mode kept everything at its normal size until I was ready to pinch to zoom.

The reduction of the size of the icons created flea sized fonts, the camera setting always reverted to normal mode instead of remembering my last setting after closing it... just all kinds of little things that flowed much better for my needs and had all but 2 or 3 of the Android apps that I wanted running properly.

I just tried an autoloader and it restored my device but said it was wrong version to do the full back up - (I had 10.2.1.2977 and autoloaded 10.2.1.3328, now trying 10.2.1.3247). If it accepts my back up I'll stay with 10.2 and maybe try 10.3.2 if that ever gets released. If it doesn't work then I might as well go with 10.3.

Thanks a lot for replying.
    02-22-15 05:34 PM
    Hi, well I wouldn't say 10.2 is superior 10.3 but for my needs the layout and functionality is way more to my liking. For example I need to have magnify mode on and in 10.3 with it enabled every time the device wakes up it auto zooms my screen and throws everything off, every single time! I have to pinch zoom down then resume right off the bat. I couldn't just start using my screen with one hand. In 10.2 magnify mode kept everything at its normal size until I was ready to pinch to zoom.

The reduction of the size of the icons created flea sized fonts, the camera setting always reverted to normal mode instead of remembering my last setting after closing it... just all kinds of little things that flowed much better for my needs and had all but 2 or 3 of the Android apps that I wanted running properly.

I just tried an autoloader and it restored my device but said it was wrong version to do the full back up - (I had 10.2.1.2977 and autoloaded 10.2.1.3328, now trying 10.2.1.3247). If it accepts my back up I'll stay with 10.2 and maybe try 10.3.2 if that ever gets released. If it doesn't work then I might as well go with 10.3.

Thanks a lot for replying.
    My recommendation would be to not restore your backup file after using the autoloader. It can create performance issues. Again, that's just my personal experience. I know everybody has their own opinion, so as long as you're comfortable doing it that's really all that matters.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:54 PM
    I have 20Mbps DSL plan and the download for these OS will take 21hours to complete. Is there any source aside from bitcasa? Thank you!
    02-23-15 07:04 AM
    I have 20Mbps DSL plan and the download for these OS will take 21hours to complete. Is there any source aside from bitcasa? Thank you!
    Look in the leaked OS threads for specific OS versions, most of them will use Mega or another sharing service.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:25 AM
    Looks great but I see you forgot the Q5 autoloaders. Or can all Q10 autoloaders be used for Q5's as well?
    02-23-15 03:00 PM
    Q10 autoloaders can be used for Q5's as well.
    02-23-15 04:22 PM
637 ... 56789 ...