10-02-13 04:45 AM
34 12
tools
    aren't you curious to see how bb10 would perform on a quad core snapdragon?

No, I'm more interested to see it work on my Bold 9900.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:29 PM
    I would like to flash any other device with bb10 (maybe a nexus). It had nothing to do with apps just something that might be interesting, aren't you curious to see how bb10 would perform on a quad core snapdragon?

The nexus 4 in my opinion actually looks decent thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'd be interested, I think most of us are, which is why we were kinda heart broken when the Z30 kept it at dual core.

Ah well...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:30 PM
    They'd also need to code in support for the chip controlling that 41MP beast...
    Yea there would be a lot of work in order to make it compatible with some of the hardware, but if it works....

I would buy bb10 for other devices if blackberry sold it like how Microsoft sold their os for pcs.

Hey blackberry Just sell me the os as a stand alone, and let me pick my hardware, and give me the drivers to download to make chosen hardware work.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:31 PM
    Thread cleaned. Let's keep on topic, and friendly.

I think that even if someone were to figure out how to install BB10 onto a different device, component support is hard-coded into the OS. So unless one can run that quad-core Snapdragon using the exact same firmware as whatever Qualcomm chips are in BB10 devices now, then I doubt that quad-core Snapdragon would be of any use.
    This

Beyond the CPU, I doubt any other hardware component would match up, even if you could crack the OS security, which I dare say is virtually impossible.

G-d willing, we'll get to experience BB10 on a bleeding edge device someday soon, that has BlackBerry on it.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    10-01-13 11:32 PM
    Beyond the CPU, I doubt any other hardware component would match up, even if you could crack the OS security, which I dare say is virtually impossible.

G-d willing, we'll get to experience BB10 on a bleeding edge device someday soon, that has BlackBerry on it.
    Or "Powered by BlackBerry"

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-01-13 11:53 PM
    Or "Powered by BlackBerry"

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Digging into OS files can be such a tease...

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-names-828586/
    10-01-13 11:57 PM
    Looks like PlayBook running android,,
    Haven't been done until now...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:42 AM
    Looks like PlayBook running android,,
    Haven't been done until now...

I would say if only we could get the Google Play store working on Blackberry it would solve some problems for us end users. However we all know blackberry will find a way to block it.
    Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:50 AM
    To me it's just too similar to all the times people have told me that Apple has the safest, and most secure os (immune to virri, doesn't crash, etc.).

Like with any other os/device it's only as secure as you make it. Just relying on company claims of security is ridiculous to me.

I'm not bashing on blackberry I like the os, and I want to know if anyone out there has attempted to make their own "hackberry".

Posted via CB10
    Apple iPhones have been jailbroken. BlackBerry has not. There is a whole crew trying to crack the Playbook 2.0. Hasn't been done... BlackBerry hardware is flashed by secret codes to allow the installation of it's own os. Read up about all of this in these forums. It's there.

Trusted Member Genius
    Terser Nori likes this.
    10-02-13 04:45 AM
34 12