07-15-14 12:28 PM
37 12
tools
    I am still waiting for native PGP / GPG Support in the Hub for non-BES User -> eMails getting encrypted / decrypted as they come in.

I want to throw that extra Android Device into the Bin, if BlackBerry finally let me read my encrypted eMails on my Z10 at all.

I don't want to use 3rd Party Apps as I had a bad experience back in the Day with misused GPG Keys.

Well it seems we normal Customers are screwed as BlackBerry last year officially stated, that they will Focus on Enterprise Business from now on.

And with All things John Chen is doing lately, it looks they will stay this way forever.

Anyway. Other than that I hope for:
    * Now that the specific Call / Telephone API has been made public:
    OS integrated Blacklist and/or Whitelist for managing Calls from Stalker and Marketing Spammer.

Such a thing is Standard these Days and I had it in all my past Devices. And: There is still no Sign of it, that we will see a App with that Function when 10.3.0(1) is released.

* Enable that d*mn S/Mime Support on non-BES Devices now!!! It's integrated since 10.0 and simply disabled.

Is BES10 so bad that after more than a year, you still need to use it as an Selling Argument? Looks like it.

All Android and Non-Android Devices I had, allowed me to read my encrypted eMails.

Why does a so called "Most Secure Device" don't allow me to do this? BlackBerry will never again being that successful in the Non-Enterprise Market, if they keep doing the same mistakes.

//rant over for now

Via CB10 App / Z10-2@10.3.0.700+442+296 Alien
    Your average consumer isn't concerned with encryption. They're fixed on how many megapixels their camera is and what kind of selfie mode it has.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:57 AM
    I am still a firm believer that the active frames will change appearance and offer interactivity! No reason to think that other than the fact that it is a widely wanted feature and BlackBerry has been good with listening to users.

Biggest 10.3 release will be blend forsure tho! (for us leaks)

Posted via CB10
    This would be great but you do realise this means that BlackBerry needs native developers to do so right?

Differentiate or Die
    07-14-14 02:05 PM
    All i want is a stable 10.3 leak before John Chen releases the official version because i am tired of using this 10.3.0.296
    It's not really being forced on you

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 02:12 PM
    Blend/Fuse is probably the biggest thing we have for a 'surprise' coming in 10.3 even though some details have already leaked. Still - without much hands on, it will largely be 'new' to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 02:31 PM
    There was a lot of potential with the dedicated home screen.... It is empty if active frames are not open.. So they should have created widgets and interactive home screen gadgets like calender twitter fb etc... And opening apps could create active frames on a page underneath...

This would have been awesome... I don't see much changing tbh... Apart from a revamped ui...
    07-14-14 04:01 PM
    This would be great but you do realise this means that BlackBerry needs native developers to do so right?

Differentiate or Die
    Oh I know that completely and sadly that probably will not come with 10.3, but 10.3.1 is the update that they are launching for all current BB10 devices and that is when I am hoping that they add that functionality into the OS...it will not be there in 10.3 launch for sure.

Blend/Fuse is by far the biggest surprise for the general public that they will be launching! I can not wait to see it and use it!
    07-14-14 04:37 PM
    I think we need to maintain reasonable expectations here. There likely ISN'T a lot changing in this revision.

We have been told that the Android runtime is being upgraded again, and offers significant stability and compatibility improvements. Also, the OS Account's subsystem will finally be upgraded and integrated with the Android runtime. This means when an app asks you to sign in through Facebook, for instance, it will actually pick up on whatever FB account you've registered on the phone instead of making you enter it in a browser window. That on its own will be a big improvement.

There have also been quiet mutterings about improved camera software with added features, but not a lot of detail on it.

Aside from all that, and the impending drop of Adobe Air in 10.3.1 and a few UI features, we're not looking at anything earthshattering.
    dudoo likes this.
    07-14-14 05:10 PM
    A BIG GREAT AWESOME surprise for me would be amazon/blackberry app alliance to introduce their very own android app push service(replacing the need for google play push and other services) for all existing and future android apps found in amazon and BlackBerry app stores.

I think both amazon and BlackBerry needs push notifications for instagram/bloomberg/kik messenger/line/stock and sports apps and the such, and if they are not getting google play services they should take things into their own hands.

And add notification widgets to that.

Differentiate or Die
    07-14-14 05:48 PM
    A BIG GREAT AWESOME surprise for me would be amazon/blackberry app alliance to introduce their very own android app push service(replacing the need for google play push and other services) for all existing and future android apps found in amazon and BlackBerry app stores.

I think both amazon and BlackBerry needs push notifications for instagram/bloomberg/kik messenger/line/stock and sports apps and the such, and if they are not getting google play services they should take things into their own hands.

And add notification widgets to that.

Differentiate or Die
    That would be great...but this may break your heart, but I believe Instagram is not in the Amazon App Store soooo still no Instagram (technically) for BB10.
    07-14-14 08:16 PM
    That would be great...but this may break your heart, but I believe Instagram is not in the Amazon App Store soooo still no Instagram (technically) for BB10.
    Indeed it is not...yet.

I think having amazon and BlackBerry both would make a more convincing argument for apps being submitted.

After all all they need is to submit their already perfectly working apk into app world or amazon app store.

Differentiate or Die
    07-14-14 09:33 PM
    Indeed it is not...yet.

I think having amazon and BlackBerry both would make a more convincing argument for apps being submitted.

After all all they need is to submit their already perfectly working apk into app world or amazon app store.

Differentiate or Die
    Seems so simple doesn't it.....

Someone posted the link to crackberry.com Site Overview that has "some" web traffic info. In the top five web searches that leads to CrackBerry, Instagram was in two of those. Have to wonder if BlackBerry said here is $10 Million, please port your app.... is there another single app missing that is as important? Sure we all have a few favorites that we would love to see, but as a whole I think Instagram could have been worth paying for.

More likely the introduction of the Kindle Fire Phone "might" get Instagram to support the Kindle App Store... I really don't expect sales to be all that big, especially on one carrier.
    07-15-14 10:17 AM
    Seems so simple doesn't it.....

Someone posted the link to crackberry.com Site Overview that has "some" web traffic info. In the top five web searches that leads to CrackBerry, Instagram was in two of those. Have to wonder if BlackBerry said here is $10 Million, please port your app.... is there another single app missing that is as important? Sure we all have a few favorites that we would love to see, but as a whole I think Instagram could have been worth paying for.

More likely the introduction of the Kindle Fire Phone "might" get Instagram to support the Kindle App Store... I really don't expect sales to be all that big, especially on one carrier.
    10m? Wtf is that for charity? They would never make anything doing that.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 12:28 PM
37 12