So I load up this 10.3.0.442 SDK or Dev OS.. with 296 bars on my Z10 STL100-1.

I will try to keep it short and in points.

Disclaimer, its not a blame game post. Its still a developing OS. I know. Whatever has so far come, I tried and giving feedback as a end user specially on a non technical side.(Sideloading)

Review points based on current features:
    - 10.3 UI is good but needs more refinements as of now it isn't so visually uniform. UI has to focus on productivity and take the benefit of Cascades everywhere. It is missing at some places
    - Battery life: it is improved. But still a lot of improvement to be done especially when using Apps. It drains quite fast.
    - Camera: Great update but still a poor one in dark conditions. Also, click anywhere has to come back. Its so inconvenient as of now
    - Lock Screen: has to be more open for APIs. As of now very low use.
    - Music Equaliser: it is very good to have it. But needs more refinement for effects. Also volume is a little low. I guess there is something limiting it.
    - Android Apps: run Fast. Still the same, not all run smooth, Share framework v2 is also not consistent. At the same time, app data needs to backed up somewhere on cloud. Replace social account dependency of android to native apps for login and app progress data.
    - Maps and Office: 2 places we should be ahead of the curve since we say we are enterprise focused. Both of them lack terribly. Gmaps latest version cant work also. Even office 2013 mobile doesn't work.
    - Browser: UI needs to be change for home screen. It is terrible as of now. Also it is very heavy app to use. Make it lite. Keyboard lags.
    - Contacts App: It is improved but I don't see it any closer to windows people app. Whatsapp isn't even integrated in the contacts app. A lot of stuff needs to be updated with respect to social/Professional part of ones life.
    Picture App: Not liking much. It looks cluttered.
    HomeScreen: As of now it is static screen to keep most used apps opened. I don't see any widgets, also size is fixed and not much of use for information glance as active frame.
    Network: Phone network fluctuates too much and I see so much variations between my z10, nokia and a old android phone all of them having same provider and at same place. Z10 is pathetic since 10.1. And android stands out.(people don't give me Z30 things)
    Brightness: System is limiting it probably due to auto brightness on behind the scene. I remember I used to keep brightness at 10 in my 9300 and still it was quite good.

New Features/Enhancements/fixes
    - Camera: Please bb update it like hell.. SO much to do for low light images. Well lit areas are fine.
    - Wifi Scheduler: automatic on/off based on time and day.
    - LockScreen: similar to what windows has. Not copy but they can think of new stuff
    - Android app: they all have to run blazing fast. Please sit with a android device to compare side by side. Also replace social account with native instead of android browser kind of stuff. Backup progress and other data at some cloud.
    - Office and Maps: Everyone has to have awesome office and maps experience since we boast so much of enterprise thing
    - BBM app: so many things to update before competing with whatsapp especially in Groups part.(it isn't bad but just saying)
    - Battery Optimizations and handling: ideal drain is still on a high note. Once using an app, it drains fast. More than Normal actually.
    - Bring native Social Feeds, call block, from OS7 to OS10.
    - Phone app: maybe complete UI change. (something really innovative)
    - Data Toggle in Quick Settings
    - More open APIs for developers to make new apps
    - Homescreen: Widgets please.
    - Picture editing app: the filters part has to be opened for developers to explore.
    - Day Organizer/Planner: based on your set of events in calendar and emails. It will create a Day planner for next and tell you at a glance what all you need to do and how much free time you have.
    - Contact app: Update to include a lot of information and show a crisp look. Also make it a common option in the 3 dot menu to know about a contact from any where, any app.
    - Closing the active frames needs a new X button. Currently it is slightly difficult and not so comfortable in closing.

Will update this as and when I remember more things.
    Last edited by prateek.samtani; 06-09-14 at 03:53 AM.
    06-09-14 02:20 AM
    There ia already another thread about STL1 and this OS. Did you search before starting this one?
    06-09-14 05:35 AM
    You do realise that you just made a review on an OS that was not meant for public use yet and which has been noted to be very unstable for the STL100-1.
    This to me is not a fair review.
    Like Jaydee said, please refer to the thread that this was fully discussed.
    06-09-14 05:40 AM
    thanks. I mentioned it as a disclaimer. It is only for purpose of BB internal team which read through the crackberry. Also, it isn't very unstable as you said its almost a month now since SDK came and I loaded.. and I use it as a daily driver.
    I didn't write it to be rated just casually but for BB to know whats missing and whats in demand. (as an end user).

You do realise that you just made a review on an OS that was not meant for public use yet and which has been noted to be very unstable for the STL100-1.
    This to me is not a fair review.
    Like Jaydee said, please refer to the thread that this was fully discussed.
    06-09-14 05:52 AM
    There ia already another thread about STL1 and this OS. Did you search before starting this one?
    Thanks Jaydee.. yes I did. But STL1 is just a description of device I have. Its majorly focused around the review. Thought of starting up a new to have a more better convo. as its almost a month over for SDK.
    06-09-14 05:54 AM
    thanks. I mentioned it as a disclaimer. It is only for purpose of BB internal team which read through the crackberry. Also, it isn't very unstable as you said its almost a month now since SDK came and I loaded.. and I use it as a daily driver.
    I didn't write it to be rated just casually but for BB to know whats missing and whats in demand. (as an end user).
    Ok. I misunderstood the disclaimer there.
    And it was stable for you because you added the bar files from 296.
    I don't quite agree with some of your suggestions but can't voice my opinion as this is based on the Z10 and I use the Z30.
    So here's hoping we get a better experience when the gold SDK is released.

White Z30 - The Best BlackBerry Experience
    06-09-14 06:05 AM