07-11-14 10:26 AM
31 12
tools
    What a lot of people don't know.
    Foursquare is BlackBerry Maps best friend

**Driveopedia is the new name of Updatein and it works better then foursquare people are reporting**

Search Foursquare for any POI you can think of and it's there.

General Search examples: Sushi, Arena, pizza, nightlife/clubs/bars, best nearby, Specials (discounts/freebies/events), sights, trending, festival

More specific examples: hockey hall of fame, CN tower, trade center, pizza pizza, McDonalds, walmart

Personally I think there should be a Crackberry Blog Post with a video from James Richardson on this. A lot of people are under utilizing the Foursquare and Blackberry Map combo. James Nieves from BerryFlow feel free to make a video yourself since they are pretty good also:P

Attachment 252575

Attachment 252573

Attachment 252577

Attachment 252578

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 07-11-14 at 11:46 AM.
    03-04-14 01:02 PM
    comment on it to bump it so more people can see the best POI(foursquare) +Map combo.

Its even better then Waze/Google Maps all we need now is offline maps.

But Here Maps android Port has you covered in the offline category.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 01:06 PM
    Foursquare is awesome man. It helps so much when I'm trying to find a place to eat lol

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 01:12 PM
    Maybe it's good combo in NA, however to my experience almost useless in EU
    03-04-14 02:31 PM
    only if you are in one of the few countries supported by BBMaps ....
    03-04-14 02:34 PM
    only if you are in one of the few countries supported by BBMaps ....
    Maybe it's good combo in NA, however to my experience almost useless in EU
    That really sucks. There is an option for you guys. Delete the BB10 Foursquare App and download the Android Foursquare (apk) and it will work with any 3rd party map/gps app. But I wouldn't go through the trouble.

Better Solution: Instead we have an amazing Dev named Nemory (you might know that he made Snap2Chat) who made an app called "Xtreme Maps Pro" He packaged Here Maps(that has offline support), Google Maps and 3D Maps all into one. He made it into a BB10 casades experience, very nicely made map app. I would say it's the best for BB10.
    or
    if you don't care about android ports download Here Maps which is good for turn by turn and Offline Maps so it doesn't use your data.

TBH, I wouldn't recommend Waze. I'd rather go for a android port. A lot of people swear by it but it is glitchy (people will say it's not but you will see, when you get messed up directions 1-10% of the time) and it will take you the wrong way if you aren't paying attention. But it has POI.

Sorry for your loss guys
    SmileDahling and SteelGreek like this.
    03-04-14 03:06 PM
    That really sucks. Sorry for your loss guys
    Cheer up! Not your fault, mate! :-)
    That's shame that BB does not bring an unified experience across the markets.... It's also may attribute to the BB decline.

Could you please point me towards the android port of HERE MAPS, please!
    03-04-14 03:17 PM
    Cheer up! Not your fault, mate! :-)
    That's shame that BB does not bring an unified experience across the markets.... It's also may attribute to the BB decline.

Could you please point me towards the android port of HERE MAPS, please!
    are you running 10.2.1?

If yes download Snap using this http://forums.crackberry.com/android...93/index3.html To download any APK from Google Play.
    It's the easiest way to get Snap and you can do it with 1 click on **PC Only**
    or
    if you don't want to do that (even though i seriously recommend. It will make your experience 100x easier and better) here is the APK link from 1mobile which you can download there app from there site as well http://www.1mobile.com/here-maps---n...al-648210.html

If you are running 10.2 still then try converting that to a BAR file and sideloading it. I don't know if it works being sideloaded since I haven't tried.
    03-04-14 03:19 PM
    are you running 10.2.1?
    sure :-) all builds since 1055 :-)
    now official 2102
    03-04-14 03:20 PM
    sure :-) all builds since 1055 :-)
    now official 2102
    i edited the comment for ye look up ^^
    03-04-14 03:25 PM
    i edited the comment for ye look up ^^
    Thank you, man!
    Is the HERE MAPS are available on GooglePlay?
    I do not see it neither in SNAP nor on my Android. That's why I was asking to point me towards it. (again regional restrictions??? I assume)
    03-04-14 03:32 PM
    Thank you, man!
    Is the HERE MAPS are available on GooglePlay?
    I do not see it neither in SNAP nor on my Android. That's why I was asking to point me towards it. (again regional restrictions??? I assume)
    Well that is weird, I just checked and it isn't in Google Play or Amazon App Store at all.
    It's only on 1mobile and Aptoide. Very odd
    03-04-14 03:40 PM
    Well that is weird, I just checked and it isn't in Google Play or Amazon App Store at all.
    It's only on 1mobile and Aptoide. Very odd
    Well, the UNOFFICIAL port on 1Market is from 2012, so I think it's a bit dated ....
    Did you use this port yourself ?
    What you think about Magellan Compass Maps if you had a chance to try it or heard something about it////?
    03-04-14 03:48 PM
    Well, the UNOFFICIAL port on 1Market is from 2012, so I think it's a bit dated ....
    Did you use this port yourself ?
    What you think about Magellan Compass Maps if you had a chance to try it or heard something about it////?
    Its a HTML-5 app so it just packages the site. When the site updates it updates automatically I'm pretty sure.

I've heard of Megellian Compass Maps but haven't used it.
    Magellan Compass Maps - BlackBerry World
    This is it running on the PB *this video is from 2012* it's much better now, plus you can find much more about it in the forums.

For that price I'd go with "Xtreme Maps" like I said up there. The Dev is unreal and is very responsive and will update the app. (Nemory - dev of Snap2Chat)
    Xtreme Maps Pro - with Google and Here Maps - BlackBerry World

EDIT: By looking at Megllan Compass Maps it looks amazing and there is a Trial for it. I think it actually has everything that Xtreme Maps has. Definitely try it out and get back to me. It looks much better then Nemory's Xtreme Maps actually.
    I can't find any recent reviews of the app but try the trial out

Only thing i don't like is the GPS itself. I like BB maps because the turn by turn is comparable to Garmin/Tom Tom GPS'. Google Maps, HERE Maps are pretty distant and I don't like their Turn-By-Turn but that's because i'm picky.

WAZE has similar turn-by-turn but I wouldn't always trust it. 90-99% of the time it's good.

Mireo Offline GPS BlackBerry 10 is amazing in that category but the issue with it is you have to buy the offline maps separately. ($20 per map basically)
    Free trial for that is http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ode=CA&lang=en

I would start calling up Blackberry and hand it to them because BB maps is the perfect service, especially paired with Foursquare. If they ever make an offline map update I would be the happiest person in the world
    Last edited by khehl; 03-04-14 at 04:51 PM.
    ralphlauren27 likes this.
    03-04-14 04:25 PM
    This is the app that used to be on Google Play as well. Nokia has withdrawn the app from Google Play store some time ago. But it is basically not more than the html5 webpage here.com offers. If you are satisfied with what the here.com website offers you could also download the native app nmaps from BBworld.
    Or you can wait. Because the guys over at the xda-developers website are currently trying to port the Nokia here maps version from the Nokia X device in order to make it available for all Android devices. And then you get the real Nokia here maps experience with offline maps.
    They have already ported the Nokia store for Android which i could install on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:44 PM
    I am with you..I use both all the time.

General Search examples: Sushi, Arena, pizza, nightlife/clubs/bars, best nearby, Specials (discounts/freebies/events), sights, trending, festival

More specific examples: hockey hall of fame, CN tower, trade center, pizza pizza, McDonalds, walmart

Personally I think there should be a Crackberry Blog Post with a video from James Richardson on this. A lot of people are under utilizing the Foursquare and Blackberry Map combo. James Nieves from BerryFlow feel free to make a video yourself since they are pretty good also:P

Attachment 252575

Attachment 252573

Attachment 252577

Attachment 252578

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:01 PM
    That really sucks. There is an option for you guys. Delete the BB10 Foursquare App and download the Android Foursquare (apk) and it will work with any 3rd party map/gps app. But I wouldn't go through the trouble.

Better Solution: Instead we have an amazing Dev named Nemory (you might know that he made Snap2Chat) who made an app called "Xtreme Maps Pro" He packaged Here Maps(that has offline support), Google Maps and 3D Maps all into one. He made it into a BB10 casades experience, very nicely made map app. I would say it's the best for BB10.
    or
    if you don't care about android ports download Here Maps which is good for turn by turn and Offline Maps so it doesn't use your data.

TBH, I wouldn't recommend Waze. I'd rather go for a android port. A lot of people swear by it but it is glitchy (people will say it's not but you will see, when you get messed up directions 1-10% of the time) and it will take you the wrong way if you aren't paying attention. But it has POI.

Sorry for your loss guys
    Thanks for the xtreme maps tip. Hopefully it is what I've been looking for. BeMapsPro is decent but not offline. Mireo is offline but not optimized for the US (everything is metric) and has an odd layout.

Posted via my amazing Q10
    03-05-14 05:17 PM

Attachment 252575

Attachment 252573

Attachment 252577

Attachment 252578

Posted via CB10
    I actually covered this feature for my Tilt review on N4BB, definitely a great tip!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    03-05-14 09:26 PM
    I actually covered this feature for my Tilt review on N4BB, definitely a great tip!

Posted via CB10
    nice video
    03-11-14 11:00 PM
    Can anyone verify if it is working ins Asia specifically Philippines?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 11:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm north american so i can't help you out. Just try it.
    Foursquare comes preloaded and so does the Maps. If you open up Foursquare and it tells you what's near you. It's safe to say it works.
    jimoates014 likes this.
    03-12-14 12:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 04:25 AM
    Yes it does.

Posted via CB10
    Whenever I click "go" oj any establishments it is always "no results found"

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:52 AM
    Foursquare never worked with BlackBerry maps for me and I don't know why, it's so annoying, I see something on foursquare and want to get to it but can't cause it will either say no results found or gives me directions to the countries Capital.

Everytime foursquare and maps gets updated I think they solved it only to find out they didn't.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:37 AM
    Yeah. Since foursquare is using openmaps, I hope in future, they just push coordinates to bbmaps

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 08:00 AM
31 12