03-13-15 09:33 AM
94 1234
tools
    how well does Blend work from a Passport?
    12-20-14 10:41 AM
    Your ONE person with your OPINION. Remove it from your PC and phone. Then it won't be half A**ED to you anymore. Your problem solved!! It's not a issue to others.
    WOW. This is a CB forum. OP gave his opinion. Others respond with theirs. This is not intended to be an echo chamber. A negative opinion, which, by the way is held by many, is not cause to attack the writer. You disagree with his points, then explain what you disagree with. Tell him he's wrong that the calendar is not slow and laggy but fast and useful. Or explain why it doesn't matter. He wasn't being negative for the sake of being negative. Or just saying "it stinks". He gave a well reasoned response. I've been reading these forums since they launched, and been a member since that first year and I find responses like yours to be uselessly derogative, and the cause of much unnecessary discord. Reminds me of the folks who attacked early adopters of the Storm and Playbook. Attacking folks who present well reasoned constructive criticism, with what amounts to shush up and go away is not good for Crackberry, not good for Blackberry and not good for general discourse overall.
    12-20-14 10:49 AM
    how well does Blend work from a Passport?

It is the same experience. PP has far better hardware than my Z30 and certainly my Z10, but I find it runs the 10.3.1 OS and similar software at very similar speeds and experience. Benchmarking shows it's faster, but in practical use, I hardly see a difference.
    12-20-14 10:53 AM
    BlackBerry blend is a welcomed addition for me. I just have one question. How can I access my playlists and shuffle music through blend. I can play a song individually but can't play a series of songs.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:00 PM
    It's good but missing Whatsapp which majority of my contacts uses instead of BBM.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154

OK, I'll bite. Let's say Blend is half assed. Of course, Whatsapp has nothing and therefore 0 x 1/2 = 0.
    12-20-14 01:05 PM
    I don't get it why its not mirroring the hub as it should be so you can continue to work on your pc...

This type of thinking of BlackBerry that all uses bbm is what causes them to lose costumer...

If they would continue to think global they will win customers instead..

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:36 PM
    Hello All,

As for the software capabilities and interface; for the most part I like what BlackBerry have done here so far but, as some have already stated, I wish it was much closer to the way HUB looks like on our phones. It would make the entire experience more cohesive and consistent with our OS10 usage.

What I am baffled by is the laggyness and overall inconsistent responsiveness of the interface. Is it the coding? The reliance on ipv6 ? On my high end quad core PC with 16gb ram and a very fast SSD, the program is often quite sluggish and it's definitely not my Internet. It's not showing and high usage of either RAM or CPU so I can't put my finger on it...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:54 PM
    USB mode also requires ipv6. It's just lazy coding. If you don't have ipv6 you are fooked, so no blend in any reasonably secured or corporate network.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:54 PM
    Drag and drop has been available since windows 3.1 but it's not available in Blend. Until it is its no use to me. I'll use link instead.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    12-20-14 02:00 PM
    is blend available for us running a leaked software? i've 10.3.0.1418 on my z10
    12-20-14 02:35 PM
    is blend available for us running a leaked software? i've 10.3.0.1418 on my z10
    Yes. Sir Jes posted the bar file in the other Blend thread. See if you can locate, otherwise I will host it. You also need to download and install the latest Blend software for your PC or tablet, and restart them.
    12-20-14 02:40 PM
    There are always some not happy... I bet these people are the ones that take a whole McDonald's meal back because of a bad fry.
    Swave514 and miker476 like this.
    12-20-14 02:46 PM
    There are always some not happy... I bet these people are the ones that take a whole McDonald's meal back because of a bad fry.

I know. Right? It's almost like those folks that will ignore the terrible economic impact of underpaid workers needing state assistance to survive, the environmental impact of cutting down miles of old growth rain forest to breed methane producing lifestock for cheap meat, and eat a pieced together rancid chicken sandwich just because.
    vinniesworld likes this.
    12-20-14 02:53 PM
    That's the way society is getting nowadays. People complain more. It's sad....

Z10 | 10.3.1.1154
    vinniesworld likes this.
    12-20-14 02:57 PM
    Yes. Sir Jes posted the bar file in the other Blend thread. See if you can locate, otherwise I will host it. You also need to download and install the latest Blend software for your PC or tablet, and restart them.
    Can't find the Blend bar anywhere, can you please help me with that? Also, i need to install the Blend software on my Mac, it's just download it from BlackBerry website?
    12-20-14 03:06 PM
    got it working via USB but can't connect via wireless
    12-20-14 04:06 PM
    USB mode also requires ipv6. It's just lazy coding. If you don't have ipv6 you are fooked, so no blend in any reasonably secured or corporate network.
    It's kind of strange. I haven't been able to get it working over USB. I used Process Explorer to see what Blend is connecting to. It uses IPv4 first, then it switches to IPv6. But that's where mine dies. The weird thing is that the IPv6 address that Blend tries to connect to is not the IPv6 address that my Blackberry (Z30) says it's using through the USB connection.

I can't use Wireless because my router doesn't support IPv6. I tried to set it up (Linksys WRT54GL with OpenWRT) but I hit a dead end. I'd have to flash a different version of OpenWRT to do it, and I don't want to go there.
    12-20-14 05:18 PM
    I didn't expect this app to be that basic, I don't think I can meaningfully use it. It's very unresponsive for what it does and just doesn't look good. At best I would use it to access my text messages and files, but with the missing third-party support, I don't think I would prefer using this more than my phone. Most of the other data is better served with proper native apps anyway, like Outlook or even the default apps on the system. I expected more from a productivity suite.
    12-20-14 06:23 PM
    I work in a place that doesn't allow phones so for me, Blend is awesome!
    Wish they could get the browser into it though...
    12-20-14 07:22 PM
    I didn't expect this app to be that basic, I don't think I can meaningfully use it. It's very unresponsive for what it does and just doesn't look good. At best I would use it to access my text messages and files, but with the missing third-party support, I don't think I would prefer using this more than my phone. Most of the other data is better served with proper native apps anyway, like Outlook or even the default apps on the system. I expected more from a productivity suite.
    It's only useful for people who are constantly on their computer/tablet. So for me it's not basic at all. Really is a game changer in the BlackBerry world!!

Z10 | 10.3.1.1154
    12-20-14 08:16 PM
    Half-baked on my iPad. Extremely slow, and some interface elements aren't even finished yet. Open an image from the device full screen and you'll see what I mean.
    12-21-14 01:10 AM
    game changer for me.

I use Blend on my PC at my office, and on my MacBook at home.

Both work flawlessly.

Its a great feeling being able to bang away on either of my computers and being able to see and respond to bbms and text msgs, and seeing who is calling me and if I should bother taking the phone call. Needless to say, the already killer battery life of the PP extends even further as I have to use it so much less.

Thanks BB for a productivity tool I can't live without!
    lcgoldman likes this.
    12-21-14 10:56 AM
    It's only useful for people who are constantly on their computer/tablet. So for me it's not basic at all. Really is a game changer in the BlackBerry world!!

Z10 | 10.3.1.1154
    I wouldn't say it's only useful for those people. I think it adds to productivity even though it has some flaws. We must remember, however, that this program is in its infancy. I'm hopeful future updates will address concerns and embrace consumer ideas. Meets my needs for what it does.

Posted via my Z10: 10.3.1.1154 (.1052 radio)
    lcgoldman likes this.
    12-21-14 11:39 AM
    Yeah. Blend is fairly slow and laggy when opening or switching between emails and texts for me. But at least I can access and send stuff. Seems to me like the interface needs more bandwidth.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:47 AM
    Blend is working for me with this os and no added bars

BlackBerry Blend is The Bomb!-img_20141221_180328.png

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:51 PM
94 1234