03-13-15 08:33 AM
94 1234
tools
    Use the USB in the corporate environment.
    12-19-14 11:29 PM
    It's good but missing Whatsapp which majority of my contacts uses instead of BBM.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154
    WhatsApp ... who cares send them an SMS!!!
    They DO have a phone number right? Right?! That's how WhatsApp got started by using SMS ... connect with your contacts that way. IF not use email.

Done and Done right!

I'm VERY Glad both Box and DropBox work on BB Blend ... a bit slow but it works and reliablyl
    I'd like to see Mega ... SugarSync, CB app for threads get in-line Blaq, and other Twitter apps ... oh yeah anything that ties into the hub.
    12-19-14 11:34 PM
    Probably your computer that is slow and laggy,,,and for the other features, you do still have your phone, don't you? It is not very old, so chill!!!
    either blend should fully replace my phone for the things it supports or its a waste of time and resources, especially it just needs small stuff to be a full alternative, thats why i call it half-assed as is, i mean seriously, why cant you modify contacts if you can add and remove them? and i wouldnt call the workstation grade i7 3820 along with 16gigs of ram slow and laggy lol. simple animations like opening the settings look terrible
    gschep and wojt7 like this.
    12-19-14 11:38 PM
    I was commenting about this in another forum post.

I've also been putting Blend thorough its paces and overall it's a pretty cool Blackberry Tool. Does anyone know the roadmap for Blend? It will be awesome if all the other phone apps would be able to launch and play within Blend.

Thoughts?
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....-few-elements-

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....ackberry-blend

and my FAVOURITE :-)

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....rty-developers

Basically, BlackBerry has oversight of the site I link to above, so hopefully they are paying attention and if they didn't think of it themselves (I'm sure they did) they at least are getting some good ideas there. There isn't much info about Blend... I think after the metaphorical beating they got for the way the PlayBook worked with Bridge (access data on the handheld device from the PlayBook, no native email "needed" on the PlayBook) they're being VERY cautious how much they talk about Blend until they see that the world "gets it" and loves it like we do and like the world SHOULD have loved Bridge.
    12-19-14 11:50 PM
    i wouldnt call the workstation grade i7 3820 along with 16gigs of ram slow and laggy lol
    You could have dual multi-core Xeon's 32GB of RAM AND a SSD drive and still have a laggy computer if you have malware LOL
    12-20-14 12:11 AM
    You could have dual multi-core Xeon's 32GB of RAM AND a SSD drive and still have a laggy computer if you have malware LOL
    actually i have 3 ssd drives in my pc thank you. but trust me, if visual studio, eclipse, sublime, several virtual machines running several server applications etc work fine on my pc even at once without lagg, then blackberry blend should have no problems without the pc being under load...

also, i experience the exact same laggy animations on my dell xps with 3.1ghz i7 35xx (no idea about the actual model no by heart), 8 gigs of ram and also 256gb ssd. and that laptop just as well handle the above applications running at once
    Last edited by dvarnai; 12-20-14 at 01:32 AM.
    12-20-14 12:19 AM
    Blend is still in its early stages, so people need to relax.

Personally, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Sometimes I am at a computer for a large chunk of the day, and having Blend open to view and answer emails, BBM and text right on the desktop, without having to even touch my phone, is a huge upside for me.

Looking forward to future Blend updates.

Posted via CB10
    sibeans and lcgoldman like this.
    12-20-14 12:23 AM
    When you what amounts to first gen app which does this much... to call it half asses is a bit much... Interested to see what other apps that do this function works on so many different OS devices...add to its main feature that there is no data shared when the phone is connected to the given device... show me another app that does this......I agree with the OP that for what it is... it is pretty neat program... as for what else it should do... well that is up for user feedback to the developers and programming prowess BB has..... amazing how some expect a general app should be tailored to their specific likes and dislikes... when it does not... it is half-assed.... really?????
    yea im with you ....................give it time and it will just get better and better just like bb10 is doing
    moyah8 and lcgoldman like this.
    12-20-14 01:03 AM
    actually i have 3 ssd drives in my pc thank you. but trust me, if visual studio, eclipse, sublime, several virtual machines running several server applications etc work fine on my pc even at once without lagg, then blackberry blend should have no problems without the pc being under load...

also, i experience the exact same laggy animations on my dell xps with 3.1ghz i7 (no idea about the actual model no by heart), 8 gigs of ram and also 256gb ssd. and that laptop just as well handle the above applications running at once
    Only 3 SSD's ? - Time to upgrade since you get 1TB SSD's now for just over $400.00
    12-20-14 01:28 AM
    I have to concur that it feels a bit unfinished and young to date, however it's still technically limited use and early in release stages so hopefully it'll be ironed out. It feels just as tweaky and unresponsive as bridge did at times. The reason for that I believe is the application doesn't store or cache any content/user data; every time you access data it reconnects and refeeds ALL the data as it does when you first launch the program. There's little to no "speed up" even after its already accessed all the active screens for the first time. It takes about just as long, every time. I think containered data caching (the lack thereof which I believe was the culprit in bridge lag/inconsitency as well) would solve the problem, that way all the lists weren't being pushed from the phone for every screen change and only new content would need to be added per access, but maybe it doesn't do this for coding simplicity, and more specifically, data security.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:40 AM
    Not being able to edit contacts really kind of threw me off. I can't believe that's not an available option.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:01 AM
    I believe the biggest miss is that the email signature from your phone isn't used. And I can not add a signature on blend. That's just plain stupid.

Posted via CB10
    1magine and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    12-20-14 03:02 AM
    It's definitely unfinished but a good start

It's basically like air Droid 1.0 but now air droid at 3.0

Other competitors like handoff and sidesync are more finished

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 03:04 AM
    Z10 on Verizon and Blend:

BlackBerry Blend is The Bomb!-img_20141220_021854.jpg

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    On a cheapo netbook running Windows 7 Starter!...
    12-20-14 04:27 AM
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....-few-elements-

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....ackberry-blend

and my FAVOURITE :-)

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....rty-developers

Basically, BlackBerry has oversight of the site I link to above, so hopefully they are paying attention and if they didn't think of it themselves (I'm sure they did) they at least are getting some good ideas there. There isn't much info about Blend... I think after the metaphorical beating they got for the way the PlayBook worked with Bridge (access data on the handheld device from the PlayBook, no native email "needed" on the PlayBook) they're being VERY cautious how much they talk about Blend until they see that the world "gets it" and loves it like we do and like the world SHOULD have loved Bridge.
    Send your ideas and suggestions to: ideaprocess@blackberry.com and ideamailbox@blackberry.com

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    12-20-14 04:31 AM
    Whilst I believe Blend will evolve into an excellent product and I have already it found it very useful for business purposes, email, calendar, etc I fully agree with the comment above about email signatures should be enabled or transferred with the phone and also the ability to cut /paste details from emails to calendar notes/ events.
    If this can be done already and I am missing something then I look forward to being told how!

Keep the improvements coming !
    1magine likes this.
    12-20-14 05:20 AM
    So Blend is official now? I guess can use it with my q10?Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:11 AM
    Can anyone help me with making the Blackberry Blend window bigger? I am using Windows 8.1 and the Blend window is way to small to read anything! I tried different methods but do not want to change the screen resolution, only to adjust the Blackberry Blend window.

Anyone?
    12-20-14 08:00 AM
    Well call Blend software a start into the right direction.
    Yeah it's working quite well, but I presume it's just starting to be the Base of some thing bigger we will see in the coming year or so, compared to the history of Link.. now it's just working now as expected two years after 1st release.

Blend has lots potential and it looks like in early state to me.

Posted via Z10
    12-20-14 08:01 AM
    its 'meh' at best right now. its kinda half-assed, yet it has potential to be big and knowing bb it will stay in this half assed state until others come up with better, maybe even multiplatform solutions. just a few feature ideas that would be a big deal for enterprises too:

1. VPN on the PC through the phone. you can already handle files that belong to your company's network, but you cant connect to your company's network through your PC. as the device might already be using the vpn of the company, it would be an awesome feature to connect to that vpn from your pc too without having to set it up on your pc, which might not even be possible depending on policies.

2. browser through the phone. browse the internet through the network of the phone, be it through the network of your company or mobile data. the first feature could probably make this redundant

3. drag and drop attachments to emails. file manager already has drag and drop, so it shouldnt be hard to add the same for emails.

4. make it faster, animations are ridiculously laggy even though its just an embedded browser right now (windows 8.1/ i7 3820 @ 4.5ghz / 16gigs of ram)

5. make it possible to handle all notifications through blend, at least to just read them and mark as read even if the app that sent it isnt supported. until that blend is just a half assed solution.

6. make it possible to pick up phone / bbm calls. it would be super useful and apple already has it...

7. make it possible to extend it through apps. blackberry WONT add every feature that could be super useful, 3rd party developers would. just give us an api.
    1. They probably wouldn't have the phone hand off secure access to a workspace for security reasons. At least at my work, I have to VPN from the device I'm going to use through some sort of secure process.

2. Instead of just browsing the net through the phone, it would be nice if Blend had the option to turn the phone into a modem... Alternatively, you could just use the mobile hotspot for this.

3. So much yes. this feature would be awesome.

4. I've noticed a lot of lag and I believe this has something to do with BBRY authenticating the interactions between PC and phone. Even when it's connected to USB, you've authenticated using your BBID to connect to the phone.

5. Agreed. Anything that shows up in the Hub should be able to interact with Blend. Beyond what you said, since Hub can send replies to the apps it's integrated with, I don't see a reason why Blend shouldn't be able to do the same.

6. This would be an extremely useful feature, but they would have to improve greatly on the stability and fluidity of the app first. (Possibly change it to a bluetooth connection)

7. Third party API would be a very strong asset for BBRY here. I agree.

Also, I wonder how hard it would be to extend Blend across platforms? I get that it is a huge asset for BlackBerry phones, but I don't think there exists an Android app (for example) that has the same capabilities? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've been using Blend every day since I got the update on my phone. Just awesome.
    12-20-14 08:01 AM
    1. Blend just got released. This is true, so it's new.
    2. Others have similar software already out and about, so what is officially released by BB should at least match what others are doing.
    3. Blend is limited. It is. You get your Hub, but only email, SMS and BBM. All other notifications go by the wayside.
    4. What Blend offers is limited, as noted email - if you are somehow fortunate enough to get you work emails through (more on that below) then you may or may not be able to reply. Most businesses require an email signature on any outgoing email. Quite frankly, the rest should. BB should ensure this. In the very least, they should tack on your BBM PIN or at least a logo to email sent through Blend. (Another obvious miss at branding.) The handling of attachments is another shortfall. BBM on Blend should be fully featured on launch. I know most folks waiting for it were pretty psyched for BBM, missing features is not a huge deal to probably half the users, but the other half are wondering where stickers are.
    5. Corporate Environments. WTH. A) If BBRY's focus is now squarely centered on the business user, don't understand this launch at all. My firm has thousands of users. We have been a BES client for more than a decade. We are currently on BES10. My entire IT department including by BB team knew nothing of Blend. Had not seen or heard of it. I showed them last night. They are meeting after the new year to discuss what Blend policies to invoke. They check in with their colleagues at other firms. Very few had any clue. You can't have a silent launch aimed at corporate users. B) Blend policy is All Blocked by default on BES servers. The BES admin must unlock it. Meaning they need to know it exists, what it does, and what the risk to corporate data is. Easy enough to block corporate data from being moved to the personal side, but I am certain that virtually every BES user who has fired up Blend has found that their workside can not be unlocked. No secured BBM, no corporate email, calendar or contacts. Not a useful tool if BES admins don't know enough to unlock it. C) As noted above, the issue with IPV6. Again, if the focus of BBRY is corporate users, especially in secured environments, then you have a full disconnect between software development teams and BBRY management (same things that hurt BBRY when the were still RIM). Use a USB? Maybe for some. But if you are using a corporate laptop in a corporate environment, I will bet most can't connect through USB either, not without getting Admin permission to run MS FIXITs. PS there is a reason that IT professional install these (IPV4 and IPV6) policies on corporate networks in the first place.

Bottom line, Blend is a good start for Beta software. I think there are really good reasons why BBRY has not marketed Blend, and they are the same reasons why Blend was not ready for an official launch.

Now, anyone want to talk about the half dozen process that are running to use Link?
    12-20-14 08:03 AM
    I've set up Blend with my dev device and now I want it really bad!
    I've already made a backup but stopped myself, want to stay on official
    12-20-14 08:05 AM
    So Blend is official now? I guess can use it with my q10?
    You can use it on a Q10 if you install the leaked OS 10.3.1.1154

posted via CB10 on a Z10
    dark0ne_ likes this.
    12-20-14 08:23 AM
    You can use it on a Q10 if you install the leaked OS 10.3.1.1154

posted via CB10 on a Z10
    It was official when it launched on the Passport.
    12-20-14 09:32 AM
    i pointed out many obvious things that are lacking, yet it could be already possible as other parts of the software already supports it... right now blend supports:

1. hub - no priority hub, cant read all notifications or at least just mark them read from the hub. it doesnt even tell you if you got a notification on the phone that it cant display
    2. bbm - lacks pretty much everything except text messages
    3. sms - well not much to f up there i guess, although i believe it doesnt support mms
    4. calendar - i believe this is fully featured but terribly slow and laggy
    5. contacts - you can add and delete contacts, but cant modify them...
    6. file manager - i believe this is one is perfect

so as i said, its not fully usable for what it is => half-assed
    Your ONE person with your OPINION. Remove it from your PC and phone. Then it won't be half A**ED to you anymore. Your problem solved!! It's not a issue to others.
    12-20-14 09:37 AM
94 1234