03-13-15 09:33 AM
94 123 ...
tools
    OMG, I can't believe how great BlackBerry Blend is. THIS is game changing.

I have a Z10 STL 100-3 running latest leak, 10.3.1.1154. I got the notification to update Blend on my phone. Then I had to download the new version of Blend on my Windows 8.1 computer, and just tried it out for the first time. I'm blown away!!

Did I mention that BlackBerry Blend is AMAZING??
    12-19-14 08:08 PM
    You didn't mention it, no

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    12-19-14 08:15 PM
    It's good but missing Whatsapp which majority of my contacts uses instead of BBM.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154
    tanzarian and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    12-19-14 08:19 PM
    its 'meh' at best right now. its kinda half-assed, yet it has potential to be big and knowing bb it will stay in this half assed state until others come up with better, maybe even multiplatform solutions. just a few feature ideas that would be a big deal for enterprises too:

1. VPN on the PC through the phone. you can already handle files that belong to your company's network, but you cant connect to your company's network through your PC. as the device might already be using the vpn of the company, it would be an awesome feature to connect to that vpn from your pc too without having to set it up on your pc, which might not even be possible depending on policies.

2. browser through the phone. browse the internet through the network of the phone, be it through the network of your company or mobile data. the first feature could probably make this redundant

3. drag and drop attachments to emails. file manager already has drag and drop, so it shouldnt be hard to add the same for emails.

4. make it faster, animations are ridiculously laggy even though its just an embedded browser right now (windows 8.1/ i7 3820 @ 4.5ghz / 16gigs of ram)

5. make it possible to handle all notifications through blend, at least to just read them and mark as read even if the app that sent it isnt supported. until that blend is just a half assed solution.

6. make it possible to pick up phone / bbm calls. it would be super useful and apple already has it...

7. make it possible to extend it through apps. blackberry WONT add every feature that could be super useful, 3rd party developers would. just give us an api.
    12-19-14 08:32 PM
    I don't think it's half-assed at all actually. Well, depending on your expectations obviously. It is laggy a bit but it's still a good start and obviously they're going to add better features Patience!

Z10 | 10.3.1.1154
    moyah8 and lcgoldman like this.
    12-19-14 08:43 PM
    I don't think it's half-assed at all actually. Well, depending on your expectations obviously. It is laggy a bit but it's still a good start and obviously they're going to add better features Patience!

Z10 | 10.3.1.1154
    well things like no drag and drop in emails, yet attachments are supported and even file manager has drag an drop, the fact that you cant modify contacts etc all scream that its half-assed. its there but not fully usable for what it is. and yes i do see it as a great potential, but blackberry hasnt been the company that would finishing their products fully... just think of, bbm channels is still lacking a lot of stuff to be a really good solution as well and the only 'improvement' it got is ads...

edit: some more proof its half-assed: bbm doesnt support stickers, yet they are pretty much the only thing in bbm they work on now, you cant send timed messages nor retract messages. priority hub is also missing and you cant even mark conversations/contacts priority from blend either
    12-19-14 08:55 PM
    I love it too! I was fearful it wouldn't work till official os release.

Posted via CB10
    lcgoldman likes this.
    12-19-14 09:00 PM
    Blend is okay. It is not a "Wow". It is just a simple version of "Nokia PC Suite on PC" in the past.
    12-19-14 09:07 PM
    Blend is okay. It is not a "Wow". It is just a simple version of "Nokia PC Suite on PC" in the past.
    Except it works on iOS and Android tablets too
    12-19-14 09:09 PM
    Except it works on iOS and Android tablets too
    I forgot about that feature! Now if only I had a Tablet LOL
    12-19-14 09:10 PM
    I was commenting about this in another forum post.

I've also been putting Blend thorough its paces and overall it's a pretty cool Blackberry Tool. Does anyone know the roadmap for Blend? It will be awesome if all the other phone apps would be able to launch and play within Blend.

Thoughts?
    lcgoldman likes this.
    12-19-14 09:14 PM
    I agree. I really like it and find it quite useful throughout the day.
    12-19-14 09:32 PM
    When you what amounts to first gen app which does this much... to call it half asses is a bit much... Interested to see what other apps that do this function works on so many different OS devices...add to its main feature that there is no data shared when the phone is connected to the given device... show me another app that does this......I agree with the OP that for what it is... it is pretty neat program... as for what else it should do... well that is up for user feedback to the developers and programming prowess BB has..... amazing how some expect a general app should be tailored to their specific likes and dislikes... when it does not... it is half-assed.... really?????
    12-19-14 09:33 PM
    Blend is on its early stages. Give it time to mature and meet demand will ya.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 and lcgoldman like this.
    12-19-14 09:37 PM
    [QUOTE=dvarnai;11178604]
    I could see what you mean though...Drag and drop on file manager is one of my favorite features!! Especially through wi-fi....Love it

Z10 | 10.3.1.1154
    lcgoldman likes this.
    12-19-14 09:40 PM
    well actually drag and drop in emails is a feature in any web based email client and even in any app like thunderbird. having the ability to add contacts and delete them but not being able to modify them isnt my specific need either. priority hub is also just a filter in the hub. except that filter every single filter is available through blend.
    wojt7 likes this.
    12-19-14 09:46 PM
    its 'meh' at best right now. its kinda half-assed, yet it has potential to be big and knowing bb it will stay in this half assed state until others come up with better
    Cool story Bro. Maybe you can make a whole assed App for the rest of us.

Z10 10.3.0.1052 via CB10
    12-19-14 09:55 PM
    Cool story Bro. Maybe you can make a whole assed App for the rest of us.
    Z10 10.3.0.1052 via CB10
    i pointed out many obvious things that are lacking, yet it could be already possible as other parts of the software already supports it... right now blend supports:

1. hub - no priority hub, cant read all notifications or at least just mark them read from the hub. it doesnt even tell you if you got a notification on the phone that it cant display
    2. bbm - lacks pretty much everything except text messages
    3. sms - well not much to f up there i guess, although i believe it doesnt support mms
    4. calendar - i believe this is fully featured but terribly slow and laggy
    5. contacts - you can add and delete contacts, but cant modify them...
    6. file manager - i believe this is one is perfect

so as i said, its not fully usable for what it is => half-assed
    barbarianthemadserb and wojt7 like this.
    12-19-14 10:13 PM
    I agree. It is a sweet addition to 10.3.1.

Z10 -4 10.3.1.1151
    lcgoldman and moyah8 like this.
    12-19-14 10:29 PM
    [QUOTE=dvarnai;11178757]
    Actually you're wrong about bbm, it has everything! Maybe you missed the features because you have to click on the bbm icon on the home page. There is a separate section for bbm that shows contacts, feeds and it even has bbm channels which is really cool

Z10 | 10.3.1.1154
    lcgoldman likes this.
    12-19-14 10:42 PM
    Actually you're wrong about bbm, it has everything! Maybe you missed the features because you have to click on the bbm icon on the home page. There is a separate section for bbm that shows contacts, feeds and it even has bbm channels which is really cool
    nah im right in a conversation, theres no way to send timed messages, to retract messages, to send stickers, to send a voice note, to call the other person, to video chat and so on
    Last edited by dvarnai; 12-19-14 at 11:25 PM.
    12-19-14 11:00 PM
    I think the Achilles heel of blend is the ipv6 requirement. Any secured network disables ipv6 because it's double work. I recommend any company to disable it. Norton will block it by policy. So.. it just won't work in any corporate environment. that is a not so good, eh?

Posted via CB10
    bp22_ca, lyrian64 and 1magine like this.
    12-19-14 11:57 PM
    I like blend. It was unexpected

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-20-14 12:01 AM
    Probably your computer that is slow and laggy,,,and for the other features, you do still have your phone, don't you? It is not very old, so chill!!!
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-20-14 12:17 AM
    nah im right in a conversation, theres no way to send timed messages, to retract messages, to send stickers, to send a voice note, to call the other person, to video chat and so on
    You confused me there. You said bbm lacked everything, you pretty much named messaging features that were kind of just added!

Z10 | 10.3.1.1154
    12-20-14 12:18 AM
94 123 ...