Hey guys,

After all this BBM channels stuff, I'm really thinking about download the beta version. I already have a beta account, but I've never used. So, can you guys tell me if it's safe to use a beta app like BBM channels? Is there any risk for the phone? And after the official launch, what happens to the beta app? It will be replaced automatically by the official one?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:39 PM
    Usually it becomes the official and we load a new Beta but it is safe.
    07-01-13 07:41 PM
    There is no risk. Once the official app is launched you can just download it. No worries

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:41 PM
    What exactly do you mean by safe? If it doesn't screw your phone up completely or cause it to go out of warranty?

When it comes to anything beta, there is always a risk that something doesn't function perfectly or that it causes some kind of an issue. However, you can delete the software you got through BlackBerry Beta to go back to the way things were before. Also there is no obligation to sign up for any specific program or download and use of beta software. It's all optional.
    Personally I've never encountered anyone who got into serious trouble through the beta software on Beta Zone. These are not full OS leaks and again, you can always revert back to the old situation. And if you run into any issues there is also the posting board on the Beta Zone for support.
    07-01-13 07:45 PM
    Got it. I was just worried because I read a lot of about os leaks and that it has the possibility of some issues, but I don't think it's the same, right? Also because beta zone its an official BlackBerry program so I think things works just fine there. I was just a little concerned because I'm not really in this leaks stuff even being a big BlackBerry fan.

Cheers from Rio!

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-01-13 07:53 PM
    Exactly, through Beta Zone you basically get to be the first to test a new service within an existing app (like with BBM Channels) or the new version of apps like twitter. These can sometimes be a little bit buggy but it's mostly minor stuff. Don't like it, delete it. Run into issues, report them so BB can work on a fix. Your current OS stays the same so no need to worry about that. :-)
    07-01-13 08:01 PM
    Ok! Thank you very much! I will download it today!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:31 PM
    Very safe and please sign up for the surveys to give your feedback - it is very helpful to BB

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:58 PM
    Already on my z10. BBM is smooth as always, but now with channels. Amazing! Now I see what it is and I'm sure it will be a huge success! I will feedback about it.

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-02-13 09:33 AM