moyah8 and loveBB6.0 like this.
    12-06-13 12:35 AM
    You have a better chance at getting ios runtime

Posted from Z10@10.2.1.1055 via CB10 app
    Patrick Pierobon likes this.
    12-06-13 01:43 AM
    there has to be a way to get it onto a phone without a bis connection

Posted via CB10
    What is it about Balance that you feel you want/need w/o a back end server?

1/2 of the purpose of the workspace is that all apps are proxies through the BES, which is why you need a separate "desktop" as the apps like the web browser would otherwise look identical.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 06:56 AM
    Would be good to have a separate area sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:52 AM
    What is it about Balance that you feel you want/need w/o a back end server?

1/2 of the purpose of the workspace is that all apps are proxies through the BES, which is why you need a separate "desktop" as the apps like the web browser would otherwise look identical.

Posted via CB10
    a. it's advertised as a universal feature
    b. my profile at work and profile outside of work is completely different. apps, ringtones, wallpapers and contacts. It would be nice to have seperate profiles for my work and personal life. As I had anticipated before buying it.

I personally don't think people should have to defend why they should have the feature, we should just have it. Because my work does not offer bes does not mean we are not worthy of this feature. It's a great idea and should be given to everyone who finds use in it.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 12:53 PM
    I do want this feature with going through BES. I'm a self employed individual and having the separation for emails and contacts would be great. so I do not mistakenly send or add stuff on my work account by accident. it would keep me very organized! Plus the knowing that if I am out and about on an off day I know my clients information will be secure and locked away from potential prying eyes.
    12-07-13 12:59 PM
    a. it's advertised as a universal feature
    b. my profile at work and profile outside of work is completely different. apps, ringtones, wallpapers and contacts. It would be nice to have seperate profiles for my work and personal life. As I had anticipated before buying it.

I personally don't think people should have to defend why they should have the feature, we should just have it. Because my work does not offer bes does not mean we are not worthy of this feature. It's a great idea and should be given to everyone who finds use in it.

Posted via CB10
    I don't remember seeing where it was advertised as a universal feature.

It won't buy you separate ring tones as they are per contact. I.E. Separate ring tones has nothing to do with the work space.
    You will have separate groupings of contacts whether you add them through two accounts one the personal side or one on personal and on on work.
    You definitely get separate apps and wall paper on the work side, but you do not have access to BB's store or the Android run time installer. So you can't add apps outside of the BES server's control which really doesn't help.

So aside from a different wall paper and a different set of default apps that come in the work space (that you can't add to w/o a BES) that are designed to route their network connections through a BES, the work space won't give you anything that you don't already have.

I was not asking you to "defend" why you want it, but to understand what you thought you would get out of it so I could explain what it really would or wouldn't buy you.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 01:39 PM
    I do want this feature with going through BES. I'm a self employed individual and having the separation for emails and contacts would be great. so I do not mistakenly send or add stuff on my work account by accident. it would keep me very organized! Plus the knowing that if I am out and about on an off day I know my clients information will be secure and locked away from potential prying eyes.
    It really doesn't give you any more organization than two email accounts with separate calendars and contacts on the personal side does now.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 01:41 PM