03-03-14 07:44 PM
34 12
tools
    The only model that Verizon will release the update for is the Z10. I do not understand why they can not release the update for the q10 and the z30 it is available and it is an official BlackBerry software release but Verizon states that they have no information on an OS update for the Z30 or the Q10. I really do not understand Verizon's reluctance to work with their customers that own BlackBerry products, I wish BlackBerry would at least acknowledge the fact that Verizon seems to be all but ignoring the fact they are a blackberry retailer. I wonder why Verizon wanted an exclusive Verizon only deal on the Z30 and now they seem to totally not care about their customers that are blackberry users or whether or not they sell any of these phones. Don't understand their reasoning for this business behavior at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 03:05 PM
    It may be due to some of the bugs some of us are seeing with the Radio file. It doesn't seem to be everyone but I am continuing to see wifi problems on my Q10. Not that it's the only reason vzw is slow but the only legit reason.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 03:21 PM
    I'll never understand why people put so much emphasis on running official releases. The leaks are available here, the directions to load em are here and the feedback on features, bugs and everything in between is here too. I haven't been on the official verizon OS in so long I don't even know what it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 03:44 PM
    I'll never understand why people put so much emphasis on running official releases. The leaks are available here, the directions to load em are here and the feedback on features, bugs and everything in between is here too. I haven't been on the official verizon OS in so long I don't even know what it is.

Posted via CB10
    I myself don't have time or desire to learn how to install a leak. I need my data to be ultra-secure and don't want to revisit my settings. I like that with an official release the process is no more complicated than pressing one button saying to proceed and it takes care of it for me from there.

I do want some of the key improvements in the new version but I feel it's a bit safer and a bit less of an invitation for complications if I just wait for the official release. Though the features I need are pretty important to productivity or at least to convenience (aptX audio for listening to training audios via Bluetooth, hopefully better Miracast compatibility for watching training videos on the TV, hopefully less buggy control over handling two phone calls at once...).

I would like to think the delay was due to bugs and they want to iron them out before releasing. I'm sure the "accidental" release to a small number of users about a month ago was to test it with a small user base, and I suspect that revealed issues that they want to resolve before going to the masses. At least, that's my optimistic view.

Good thing I stopped doing a manual check for updates on both my Q10 and Z30 a few times a day as of a few weeks ago or I'd need therapy now.
    03-03-14 04:52 PM
    I myself don't have time or desire to learn how to install a leak. I need my data to be ultra-secure and don't want to revisit my settings. I like that with an official release the process is no more complicated than pressing one button saying to proceed and it takes care of it for me from there.

I do want some of the key improvements in the new version but I feel it's a bit safer and a bit less of an invitation for complications if I just wait for the official release. Though the features I need are pretty important to productivity or at least to convenience (aptX audio for listening to training audios via Bluetooth, hopefully better Miracast compatibility for watching training videos on the TV, hopefully less buggy control over handling two phone calls at once...).

I would like to think the delay was due to bugs and they want to iron them out before releasing. I'm sure the "accidental" release to a small number of users about a month ago was to test it with a small user base, and I suspect that revealed issues that they want to resolve before going to the masses. At least, that's my optimistic view.

Good thing I stopped doing a manual check for updates on both my Q10 and Z30 a few times a day as of a few weeks ago or I'd need therapy now.
    Installing a leak is as easy as downloading the autoloader, connecting your phone to the computer and clicking the autoloader. There's nothing complicated about it all but to each his/her own.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 05:18 PM
    Installing a leak is as easy as downloading the autoloader, connecting your phone to the computer and clicking the autoloader. There's nothing complicated about it all but to each his/her own.

Posted via CB10
    Damn I didn't know it was that easy, where can I get the autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 05:23 PM
    Damn I didn't know it was that easy, where can I get the autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    They're all in the BB10 leaked/beta OS forum. I'm using a Q10 running 10.2.1.1925 and I have no complaints but I'd suggest you read through the comments of each leak you consider to see which one best suits your needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 05:40 PM
    They're all in the BB10 leaked/beta OS forum. I'm using a Q10 running 10.2.1.1925 and I have no complaints but I'd suggest you read through the comments of each leak you consider to see which one best suits your needs.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man I'll check it out

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 07:11 PM
    Thanks man I'll check it out

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 07:44 PM
34 12