03-03-14 06:44 PM
34 12
tools
    Apparently, BB 10.2 is going to be available to Verizon US customers on Feb. 22nd or Feb.23rd 2014. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with both Verizon & BB in the last month...most recently complaining about an app in BB World (Sochi.re 2014) that should be available on my Q10...but isn't. I wasn't sure whether the app might only be available for those having 10.2, but the rep told me that I should be able to download it with 10.1. I can't...and the rep then admitted that the app does not work. Then I went on a mini-rant complaining about the slow release of 10.2 through Verizon...and that BB should have offered the release to ALL customers without relying on a carrier push. I pressed the rep and she gave me the dates above. I have done a lot of research on this and was never able to find any Verizon release dates...until now. Hopefully, the information is accurate...
    xBURK likes this.
    02-08-14 03:11 AM
    I don't trust the reps to know any more than we do. There are already several other threads discussing Verizon's delayed Q10 update, some of them saying Feb 10 is the new target date, and some saying end of Feb. Do a forum search for Verizon and Q10 and you'll get quite a list of discussions on this topic already.
    02-08-14 03:25 AM
    By the way, the Sochi app isn't available for me either. My understanding all along was that it requires at least 10.2 to run.

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    02-08-14 03:35 AM
    I have read the other threads and I guess I just wasn't satisfied with the information or its origin...so I decided to try and find out for myself. You won't find it published anywhere and it may be just as inaccurate as all the other posts...but I wanted to pass along what I was told. Who is to say whether my information is any more or less reliable than any of the other veteran posters. However, countless veteran posters and "experts" have been wrong so far. Time will tell...but I am sick of this needless waiting.
    Anansiil likes this.
    02-08-14 04:13 AM
    Oh...and as for the Sochi app...it is supposed to be available for 7.0 and higher. First the rep told me I should be able to download it with 10.1. When I offered the possibility that it might only be available for 10.2...she backpedaled. I understand that many of these Blackberry and carrier reps might not know any more than we do, but...I guess my frustration has to do with the fact that there seems to be a cool BB Olympic app out there that probably won't be available until AFTER the Olympics are over!!! Something is terribly wrong with that in my eyes! I am hoping my original post proves to be erroneous and that the Feb. 10th date is on the money! I am really going to be ticked off if it isn't available by the end of February...
    02-08-14 04:25 AM
    I hope your quoted dates are wrong too, if it means we may see something from Verizon on Feb 10. If you can't wait, the forums here are full of other possibilities for getting the update sooner - from using Sachesi to download it from other carriers, to installing the leak (which is said to be identical). A quick search will pull up advice and step-by-step instructions if you want to be able to use the Sochi app this weekend. Many have posted about how easy the process was. If you decide to take matters into your own hands, do let us know how you make out, and good luck! :-)

Oh...and as for the Sochi app...it is supposed to be available for 7.0 and higher. First the rep told me I should be able to download it with 10.1. When I offered the possibility that it might only be available for 10.2...she backpedaled. I understand that many of these Blackberry and carrier reps might not know any more than we do, but...I guess my frustration has to do with the fact that there seems to be a cool BB Olympic app out there that probably won't be available until AFTER the Olympics are over!!! Something is terribly wrong with that in my eyes! I am hoping my original post proves to be erroneous and that the Feb. 10th date is on the money! I am really going to be ticked off if it isn't available by the end of February...

02-08-14 07:18 AM
    It may be time to take matters into your own hands and install the leak. The latest leak is the same as the official. Once the official drops from Verizon it will update the phone version and you will have the official. There are plenty of instructions on here to help you along the journey.
    02-08-14 08:09 AM
    Take a leak.

Posted via CB10
    red72, Anansiil and Dodger52 like this.
    02-08-14 08:23 AM
    Hahaha :-D

Take a leak.

Posted via CB10

02-08-14 08:26 AM
    When Verizon finally does release it for a given phone -- and a given customer for that matter -- will it show up in Notifications the moment it's possible to download it? Or is there something to be said for neurotically doing "Check for Updates" a few times a day (or a few times per hour, as the case may be) to get it sooner than waiting for the Notification? (Not to say I've been doing that. I would never admit to... wait, hold on, lemme go check again...).
    02-10-14 12:02 AM
    I know you've heard this before, but it's just crazy how you have to wait. I thought Verizon was going straight to 10.2.1? Is this not true?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 12:09 AM
    As far as I know, that's what we're waiting for: 10.2.1 for the Q10 and Z30.

I'm really curious about the virtues of "checking" before it shows up in Notificaitons, if anyone has any insights.

Thanks!
    02-10-14 12:12 AM
    As far as I know, that's what we're waiting for: 10.2.1 for the Q10 and Z30.

I'm really curious about the virtues of "checking" before it shows up in Notificaitons, if anyone has any insights.

Thanks!
    I remember when Crackberry announced that the 10.2.1 update was being released for many carriers a few weeks back. Instead of waiting for the notification, I went to settings/ software updates. I was surprised after checking, the update showed up. The notification about the update from my carrier (Rogers canada) came two days later. So yes, it's a good idea to check. Good luck. I hope it comes soon either way.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 01:03 AM
    The automated check is done infrequently (every day or two) while you can check manually whenever you want.
    02-10-14 09:53 AM
    Customer Service Reps are the last to know. Not sure why people continue to call them in an attempt to acquire information... They are not sworn to secrecy or trying to be coy; them simply don't know anything. Most times they find out information the day or two before it happens (if that). That includes store staff and management as well.
    02-10-14 10:13 AM
    Customer Service Reps are the last to know. Not sure why people continue to call them in an attempt to acquire information... They are not sworn to secrecy or trying to be coy; them simply don't know anything. Most times they find out information the day or two before it happens (if that). That includes store staff and management as well.
    Exactly. My business rep reads the tech sites as well, and he knows the current rumors and dates things are supposed to happen, but he can only give answers based on official guidance from Verizon. The majority of reps, particularly on the consumer side don't read this kind of thing, probably in part to not have to keep things straight in their mind as to what came through official channels vs something they read online, even if it's an internal leak that they're not privy to.
    02-10-14 10:25 AM
    Well...Feb. 10 has obviously come and gone...with no 10.2 update in sight! I am going to remain a hopeful sucker...and believe the info I got from the rep (re: Feb. 22 or Feb. 23) will prove to be accurate! :-) This is very frustrating...knowing 10.2 is out there and can do all these wonderful things...and we can't get it. I will say this...I cannot believe how good the Q10 is in almost every way! I took a picture of my 2 daughters with the flash in almost total darkness and the result was amazing. I am so locked in to the swiping that when I use my BB Bold 9650 on rare occasions...it is comical watching me swipe away in frustration. I will continue to check for OS 10.2 updates and won't get insanely mad until the 23rd passes without the update. I don't plan on relying on the notification either...
    02-17-14 10:15 AM
    Yet another disappointment as Feb 22 & Feb 23 have come and gone with no 10.2 update in sight. My question to Verizon; Why act so sleezy and be so disrespectful of your loyal customers? Just release the damn update!
    02-23-14 05:54 PM
    Yet another disappointment as Feb 22 & Feb 23 have come and gone with no 10.2 update in sight. My question to Verizon; Why act so sleezy and be so disrespectful of your loyal customers? Just release the damn update!
    I said it before and I have gotten flamed for it. But I say it again: I still insist it is some sort of conspiracy. This stinks like fish if you ask me...
    02-23-14 07:57 PM
    More date guesses came and went!

I just wish VZ would offer some reliable information about the time frame, be it this week - next month or next year.
    cvoharley likes this.
    02-24-14 07:37 AM
    I said it before and I have gotten flamed for it. But I say it again: I still insist it is some sort of conspiracy. This stinks like fish if you ask me...
    It's gotta be, U.S. Is the only country in the world that doesn't have 10.2.1 which most of the world had it a month ago.

It could be apple paying the carriers or something.
    But it is obvious something is happening since ALL American carriers haven't said boo about the update.
    When Verizon obviously HAS the update already, leaking it by accident before it came out a month ago.

People who flame you for thinking it's a conspiracy obviously don't have much in between their ears.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:09 AM
    It's gotta be, U.S. Is the only country in the world that doesn't have 10.2.1 which most of the world had it a month ago.

It could be apple paying the carriers or something.
    But it is obvious something is happening since ALL American carriers haven't said boo about the update.
    When Verizon obviously HAS the update already, leaking it by accident before it came out a month ago.

People who flame you for thinking it's a conspiracy obviously don't have much in between their ears.

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a guy who sees conspiracies everywhere, but in this case there is no other excuse anymore.
    Look at all the BlackBerry bullying and the most recent case with T-Mobile trying to lure BlackBerry owners into something else. The percentage of BlackBerry users is way down at the bottom anymore anyways recently, so why even bother to take those few left at all?
    What are they so afraid of???

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 09:11 AM
    Likely afraid our beloved BlackBerries are gonna kick their butts.
    Promote, Promote. More users will discover the world's greatest phone.
    Just MNSHO.
    02-24-14 09:25 AM
    We three here in So Cal, USA on Verizon Got the 10.2.1.1925 OTA Update a couple weeks ago. Actually came a day early!. Hooked up to BlackBerry Link on my desktop computer yesterday and it showed an update to the software stated as "os improvements". Same software # (537)...I did the updates on 2 of our 3 Z10's. Both seem a little smoother....

Trusted Member Genius
    02-24-14 09:37 PM
    Got the update for my Z10 today through BlackBerry Link.

Posted via my beautiful Z10
    02-24-14 10:13 PM
34 12