08-11-13 10:01 AM
64 123
tools
    Does BBM work on playbook too ?
    I hope it comes true
    08-04-13 09:03 PM
    couldn't you just make an exception in your firewall ?
    i don't think so,,, i think any exceptions can only be made after the download is complete,,, i've got a good security suite,,, almost too good,,, it doesn't allow downloads of any programs w/ a toolbar installed, even if you can opt out of it during install,,, it's detected as a potentially unwanted application,,, that's the same reason can't download Freemake video converter anymore since their update that now includes one...
    08-04-13 09:07 PM
    i don't think so,,, i think any exceptions can only be made after the download is complete,,, i've got a good security suite,,, almost too good,,, it doesn't allow downloads of any programs w/ a toolbar installed, even if you can opt out of it during install,,, it's detected as a potentially unwanted application,,, that's the same reason can't download Freemake video converter anymore since their update that now includes one...
    is it just the initial download that's blocked ? if so you could just download it on to your playbook and just transfer the program to your pc ?
    08-04-13 09:35 PM
    Awesome news. There may still be some hope for the Playbook.
    08-04-13 09:58 PM
    Subscribed

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:00 PM
    is it just the initial download that's blocked ? if so you could just download it on to your playbook and just transfer the program to your pc ?
    anything that contains adware/toolbars sets off my firewall,,, i steer clear of anything that has that stuff in it,,, that new sideload tool is the same way...
    08-04-13 10:02 PM
    I can confirm "Lexi" the drug information reference app is an bb10 app that can now be installed on the playbook
    08-04-13 10:05 PM
    anything that contains adware/toolbars sets off my firewall,,, i steer clear of anything that has that stuff in it,,, that new sideload tool is the same way...
    new sideload tool ? I only use ddpb
    08-04-13 10:38 PM
    my firewall/antivirus won't allow download of sachesi because of the toolbar included,,, it's classified as a pontentally unwanted application...
    There is no 'toolbar', adware or any other malicious code or activity in Sachesi. It's entirely clean.

Your anti-virus is probably flagging it because it has been packed to save space and make the download smaller for you. I suggest you get a better anti-virus.

If you want, I can give you an unpacked version.
    Here: https://mega.co.nz/#!n8R3DIzJ!Fv6mnS...JdCGqJq12RnsHk
    toobs623 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    08-04-13 10:50 PM
    There is no 'toolbar', adware or any other malicious code or activity in Sachesi. It's entirely clean.

Your anti-virus is probably flagging it because it has been packed to save space and make the download smaller for you. I suggest you get a better anti-virus.

Is this the file for the Playbook itself? I'm still running 2.1.0.1526 and looking to upgrade to work with 10.2 on my Z10.
    08-04-13 11:02 PM
    Is this the file for the Playbook itself? I'm still running 2.1.0.1526 and looking to upgrade to work with 10.2 on my Z10.
    No this is his program sachesi... for a computer. read the thread :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:06 PM

my security suite is very good,,, no reason to get snippy,,, the unpacked worked fine,,, tyvm,,, it was actually my mistake,,, i clicked on the download button ABOVE your app description, honest mistake & my security suite did exactly what it was supposed to do, cover my azz,,, to save others from the same potential problem, can you make your download tabs larger & more noticable???
    08-04-13 11:08 PM
    my security suite is very good,,, no reason to get snippy,,, the unpacked worked fine,,, tyvm,,, it was actually my mistake,,, i clicked on the download button ABOVE your app description, honest mistake & my security suite did exactly what it was supposed to do, cover my azz,,, to save others from the same potential problem, can you make your download tabs larger & more noticable???
    I can't try this yet. please post your progress! what apps come with the os?

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    08-04-13 11:17 PM
    Hey guys,

I just made a neat discovery. The apps on Blackberry 10.2 all support Playbook
    The ones from 10.1 didn't.

Some of the apps require a newer cascades version to work. However, resolution is no longer an issue. The apps all support: 1024x600 (LCD: Playbook), 1280x720 (OLED: A-Series), 720x720 (LCD: R-Series, OLED: N-Series) and 1280x768 (LCD: L-Series).
    Wow! Thank you for the info. Let's see what develops. =0)

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:19 PM
    So what are the chances that 10.2 was the version of the OS they were trying to get working on the Playbook, and these are just remnants left over from before they scrapped the project?
    ioansuhov likes this.
    08-04-13 11:23 PM
    So what are the chances that 10.2 was the version of the OS they were trying to get working on the Playbook, and these are just remnants left over from before they scrapped the project?
    Probably very good.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:28 PM
    ok, a few things,,, which 10.2 do i download??? in the thread there are different loaders/devices, etc.,,,also where do i find country/carrier codes??? ,,, i think i got that part...
    08-04-13 11:29 PM
    haven't really put it to use, (no os yet), but this app looks great,,, can't wait to figure out how the h3ll to use it...
    08-04-13 11:41 PM
    Auch, this sounds plausible ! we should not get very excited with this mysterious resolution until we don't get more pieces of information .
    Anyway, thank you sacha !

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:54 PM
    Sacha can you work those magic fingers and bring the BB10 keyboard to the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:00 AM
    so, you are saying that "all" 10.2 core apps will work on the playbook?
    08-05-13 12:10 AM
    Not all. Just the RIM ones.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 01:09 AM
    I'm dumping all contents from the latest 10.2 leak, am I to understand that certain apps will work if I sideload them onto my PlayBook? Browser? etc.
    08-05-13 01:17 AM
    I'm dumping all contents from the latest 10.2 leak, am I to understand that certain apps will work if I sideload them onto my PlayBook? Browser? etc.
    It's probably a little bit more complicated than that...
    08-05-13 01:18 AM
    It's probably a little bit more complicated than that...
    Meh, I knew it was too good to be true.
    08-05-13 01:19 AM
64 123