In anticipation of a re-introduced feature for BB10 devices (formerly called Forward as Level 1), I installed the 10.2.1.1925 leak to see if the rumored return is true.
    Thankfully this feature is back (now in the priority hub) and works Aweseome! It's heavily relied upon our company's on-call staff for critical alerts sent to a DL they are part of.

My question is, what happens when the vendor (Bell for us) finally receives and then releases an OS update, if I have a leaked OS currently running on my device? Do I have to first re-install a vendor approved version, or would the 10.2.1.1925 leak recognize and allow the new approved vendor update when it's released?
    01-10-14 11:57 AM
    First of all welcome to CrackBerry, you will find there's plenty of knowledge around here, and lots of folks willing to help, but with that comes the fact that most questions you have as a newcomer have already been answered before.. utilizing the search box above can more often then not lead you to what you are looking for.. this question in particular has been asked and answered an estimated 1,362,992 times.

That said... If the version your carrier releases is the same or lower then the current leak you have installed, nothing will happen on your device.. you can continue to use it as is or you can choose to downgrade to your carriers official version but you will have to do so manually, just like you did when you installed this leak.. IF however the version your carrier releases is HIGHER then the leak you have installed, you will get an upgrade notification and be able to install it over the air with the click of a button like everybody else.
    01-10-14 12:10 PM
    As far as i know, your leaked os will recognize the update if it's a higher version then the one installed in your phone. No need to re-install your carrier official os. It is also a non-destructive update, means all your data will be as it is.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 12:14 PM