09-07-13 01:17 PM
34 12
tools
    So just downloaded the. 1443, and like some of you guys said, battery life not too good to start out with, but hoping it gets better!! One question though, any reason why it takes a week or so to get battery life to improve?

Posted via CB10
    If you start ALL your apps, and start all your games, and load all your accounts and start them all up, it shouldn't take a week to index everyting and settle in. Took my Z10 running 10.2.0.1443 about 5 hours total including downloading/loading up the os to settle in.
    09-06-13 10:52 PM
    As reported on other posts, I updated to 10.2.0.1443 on my and my wife's phone. For us, the leak works great, however, we do not run or load any Android apps. We use strictly BB apps that are hand loaded from Blackberry World. So, ... Yes to a post-update security wipe and No to using BB Link to restore. If after that your phone shows signs of wild battery use and overheating, do a couple of forced resets and it should calm down. Then recharge the phone and watch it for about three days. We found that the phone tends to quiet down and function the best after that.

I have found that if the above does not get satisfactory results, you may need to re-download the desired leak and do the install over again. After all, it is virtually impossible to tell if you got a perfect download on your first try. Maybe you did and maybe you did not. Also try a different source for the second download if necessary. The source might be corrupted. Usually I have used Mega but twice I have gone with a Google source and it was faster, when it was available. We have found, however, that some of the 10.1 builds are more thrifty on the battery, but they have some interesting problems also. The latest 10.2 build is pretty darn cool and works just great on AT&T STL100-3 phones for us. Good luck with whatever build you decide to use.
    09-06-13 11:10 PM
    I have been on 10.2.0.1371 for a couple weeks now and I am pretty happy with that and the unlocked android runtime. Didn't jump on 1443 because I was having to re-do my whole phone like once a week, so I'm going to try every other. I have heard good things about 1443 although I can't personally comment.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.1371 | In Squircle We Trust
    A week on 1443 for me, Verizon, like it better than the past ones. Very stable and quick.

Trusted Member
    09-07-13 04:00 AM
    1443 has worked best because after about 7-10 days the battery life improved a second time. But I had no problems with calendar, contacts to side loaded apps on 1047, 1371 or 1443. I had 1 reboot on 1443 during the 1st 24 hours, but none since.

SLT 100-4 (Verizon)

Z10 of Texas
    09-07-13 05:02 AM
    I'm on 1323 and will stay with it till the official version comes out.

...I bet you won't. it's going to be a while before it's official and there will be more changes before then

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 08:03 AM
    Hey guys, so I'm very very new to leaks and I want to give 10.2 a try on my z10 stl 4. I can't wait anymore for 10.2, especially with Verizon as my carrier. But I think there are about 4 10.2 leaks on crackberry, I could be wrong. But I'm just wondering which version is working out the best for everyone? Please post!
    IMO 10.2.0.1443 is the most stable for your device. I have also gotten the best battery life off that build compared to any other.

But, as you can see from this post, everyone will have their own opinion on which is best for them. I suggest installing one build test it for a few days, if you're happy with it, keep it if not install another.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx on steroids
    09-07-13 08:27 AM
    Happy to say that the battery life has drastically improved after just 24 hours

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 12:19 PM
    1047 was absolute **** for me.

-couldn't send or receive group texts
    - text inbox showed the phone number instead of the contact name no matter what format I tried with ()'s and -'s.
    -couldn't send a new text to someone I never texted before
    -"Sharing" worked sometimes, they had a good idea going with having your frequent contacts show up so you can just select them with one click but it kept automatically selecting their work number instead of their cell number despite the fact that I've never texted their work land line number.
    - contacts app unable to save settings. I don't want all my LinkedIn contacts in my phonebook so I turn it off. Next time I check they are back
    - Hub unable to disable accounts. I select the option not to show twitter and it not thing, just stays there
    -this was the deal breaker: i tried to add an auto substitution entry and it deleted all my custom entries after I hit Save. I thought it was a fluke so I added them all back, hit Save and they were all deleted again, not just the new ones but all non-default ones

Reverted back to 10.1

/rant over

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 12:34 PM
    I've had my Verizon z10 STl100-4 from the beginng and have updated my OS frequently from 10.1 onward, the one I find that works best for my needs(I do a lot of travelling both air and land) is .1047 because even with the latest leak (1443) some of the sideloaded game apps (angrybirds) have no sound( temple run now loads but still cannot be played) so I use the runtime . 810 .. with the .1047 and allows me to use the older games plus most other Nav apps, browser, hp and Epson iprint etc ,and this was the first leak that I was able to use google earth. If games are not an issue(it just bothers me that there was no sound) then the latest leak (1443) is silky smooth and slightly better battery life and except for game issue all other apps seem to be running silky smooth as opposed to just very smooth .....hope this helps
    You sound like a pro. I wish I could subscribe to all of your posts.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 01:17 PM
34 12