I'm trying to find out which radio file for the z10 on at&t is? I've tried 1156 radio but I can't make calls out or pick them up yet I have data and messages just find... so what I'm looking for is the best radio file for the z10? can anyone help

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 07:18 PM
    I think your the same as Telus in Canada so you should try the radio from the 1445 beta thread there in there as auto loaders a few posts in.

Q10/1443/ Squircle of Trust member ?
    cjmcmillion likes this.
    08-29-13 07:22 PM
    I will try that one out indeed thank you

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 07:45 PM
    The radio file is highly dependent on what version of the OS you are actually running.

The radio typically has to be reasonably close in version to your OS or you lose functions, typically phone calls. One exception was that the 10.1 MR and early 10.2 seem to be fairly similar, but even then there was some combos where you'd lose GPS

There's no compatability chart, so just try a radio and if it doesn't work, get a version that'd closer to your OS and try again.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 and cjmcmillion like this.
    08-29-13 08:42 PM
    I see what you mean yes thank you indeed

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 08:21 AM
    I'm trying to find out which radio file for the z10 on at&t is? I've tried 1156 radio but I can't make calls out or pick them up yet I have data and messages just find... so what I'm looking for is the best radio file for the z10? can anyone help

Posted via CB10
    I will also add that the best radio file is really subjective. Each device will perform different on the same radio. So, what works for some may not work for you. You really just need to try different radios and see which one is best for your needs.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx on steroids
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-30-13 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    What os version are you on?

Trusted Member
    08-31-13 06:11 AM
    OS 1371

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:55 AM
    Is the radio file the same on a hardware version regardless of the carrier?

For example I have a STL100-3 on AT&T, and and I am curious if the AT&T approved OS updates come with the same radio file update the folks on Rogers get (assuming the were at the same OS level which currently they are not).

I ask because I unlocked my phone and am getting ready to update it using a Rogers SIM card, and I don't want to end up with the wrong radio file that won't work as well as the AT&T version I have now. Otherwise I too will be looking for the best radio file.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:52 PM
    I've put almost every 10.2 leak and a couple hybrids on my AT&T STL100-3. I haven't notice much of a difference between any of the radios.

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    08-31-13 01:07 PM

For example I have a STL100-3 on AT&T, and and I am curious if the AT&T approved OS updates come with the same radio file update the folks on Rogers get (assuming the were at the same OS level which currently they are not).

I ask because I unlocked my phone and am getting ready to update it using a Rogers SIM card, and I don't want to end up with the wrong radio file that won't work as well as the AT&T version I have now. Otherwise I too will be looking for the best radio file.

Posted via CB10
    If two carriers have the same (or close enough) devices and the same OS, then the radio file will be identical.
    08-31-13 01:34 PM
    If two carriers have the same (or close enough) devices and the same OS, then the radio file will be identical.
    Then is it safe to say that since both AT&T and Rogers have the STL100-3, that the radio file in the Rogers approved update I am about to apply will be identical to the one that will (eventually) be approved by AT&T?

I'm triple checking just because I'm paranoid about going rouge. :-)
    08-31-13 02:39 PM
    Then is it safe to say that since both AT&T and Rogers have the STL100-3, that the radio file in the Rogers approved update I am about to apply will be identical to the one that will (eventually) be approved by AT&T?

Not necessarily because AT&T may not release the same OS. Radios can sometimes be mix matched, but not with beg version differences. Either way it shouldn't really matter as long as you have a radio that is compatible with stl3

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    08-31-13 02:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have my z10 unlocked to from the AT&T network they wouldn't unlock so I bought a code had it unlocked

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:06 PM

If AT&T were to send out the exact same update, then yes.
    08-31-13 07:15 PM
    Phone unlocked for free by AT&T, $11 for Rogers LTE Micro SIM, and I am now updated to the 10.1 Maintenance Release.

No noticeable issues with the radio and AT&T hasn't stormed my front door with pitchforks and torches so I think everything is good. Thanks to all the replies and reassurances.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:21 AM