01-19-14 08:58 PM
3,598 ... 9596979899 ...
tools
    Will this OS work on my 9810!?
    Jeeeez ...some people... of course it will, I just installed it on my friend's S4....read the thread title, it says FOR ALL devices does it not?

PS: Playbook excluded of course
    Xtower#AC and saxxman like this.
    08-04-13 08:02 PM
    REGARDING THE HOTSPOT

Mine wasn't working. I needed it to work. This what I've tried so far:

- Loaded 810 Radio file (811) :: did not work
    - Loaded the entire 810 OS :: worked
    - Loaded the 1047 Radio file (1048) on to the 810 OS :: worked
    - Loaded entire 1047 OS :: didn't work
    - Restored from a clean 810 backup to 1047 :: restore failed. (sec wiping now)

So... this is what I would like to ask from the Elite Team : is there a com.hotspot.sys file that can be extracted from 810 and sideloaded into 1074? I really have no idea how to go about looking for a file like that, but my hypothesis is that if it can be extracted and sideloaded, it may solve the hotspot issue, since clearly the problem is arising from the 1047 OS and not the 1047's Radio file.

Thanks in advance
    There is the hotspot bar you can load, but I believe the issue is in the os/carrier settings. Like you, I have tried every variations of os/radio combos to no avail.

Even though I pay for the service, I think this will be an issue from here on out much like legacy os leaks. The carriers are trying to lock it down.

I'm sure the old timers remember everyone asking if hotpot works or tethering.. And Rroyy had the safe bridge for playbook for AT&T users so we could bridge the network access .

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:03 PM
    Thanks Wigley, just tried removing Link with CC cleaner, and re-installing the latest link (1.1.1.32),

I noticed this 'crash' only happens when I'm trying to restore my backup files, during this backup it won't get past 0% before my phone automatically disconnects and restarts. Once the phone restarts, Link will crash with Windows 8. Ive tried restoring from my backup last night, and even one from May, and I've tried restoring just Application data, settings, and Media and it still won't get past 0%. I've tried singling out to see if this is a 10.2 issue, but the backup won't get past 0% no matter which OS i'm on (MR, 10.2, and even 10.1.2342).

I've been backing up/restoring previously on 10.0, 10.1 leaks and have never had a problem, but all of a sudden it's happening now ever since I've installed this 10.2 leak.

But by the looks of it, it seems like I'm the only one having this issue.
    PM me. I can help. To lazy to try on here anymore Lmao. Then I can bbm u the fix

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 - Elite Team Member/co-Founder best phone ever http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    08-04-13 08:05 PM
    Just tried it, it fails to initialize. Says there's no network connection, even though I'm connected to WiFi. Doesn't work on LTE either. The app will probably need an update to work on 10.2.
    Running on Telus here in BC. Waze is working without a hitch. This was my main hesitation in loading 10.2.0.1047. I actually had a bug report message come up each time I started it under 10.1. The message no longer comes up. the new Android player may have resolved that as well.

Overall finding all my Android Ports running smoother. Evernote and my two theme apps (Z Theme and Theme by S4BB) are the only apps having trouble.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:05 PM
    BTW, for the people that keep asking what is new and have not looked in the forums, jump right to this thread and read away:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...hanges-833413/
    08-04-13 08:07 PM
    Check out Kindle for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25058915
    I'm sorry, I neglected to specify that I was on a Q10, and Appworld hasn't been updated to recognize the Q series as compatible...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:15 PM
    PM me. I can help. To lazy to try on here anymore Lmao. Then I can bbm u the fix

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 - Elite Team Member/co-Founder best phone ever http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    It's funny - my link does the same thing. Everything works until I hit restore and then it crashes. No big deal since I use Sachesi now.

But, I had used ccleaner, reg seeker and others to clean out every remnant of rim, BlackBerry etc and also deleting all tmp files, local, roaming app data files without success. I even did a complete registry restore to my laptop purchase date back in March using ERUNT and NTREGOPTwhich helped a little but still crashes when I hit restore. I noticed this after loading some sachesi alphas and I thought the dll files were conflicting in the registry. After deleting thoses - still no go so I re registered those dll files.

Bottom line - If you know what it causing this let me know. I am an advanced user, but this one has me befuddled. (And I'm not going to do a clean restore of my laptop to make it work) As I have other computers I can use.

Puzzled

Posted via CB10

Edit: I need to make it clear that it was not a Sachesi issue.
    Last edited by LP_Rigg; 08-04-13 at 08:45 PM.
    08-04-13 08:23 PM
    Tried it and it won't work...

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.10xx from my LE running on VZW
    shoot... well looks like I'm gonna have to buy a SIM-enabled tablet, because I'm definitely not going to 810 from 1047.
    08-04-13 08:25 PM
    So I never use mobile hot spot. I'm on rogers stl100-3. So I went into the settings and activated hot spot and it came up with a blah blah not available in this country so I pressed OK and tried again and voila it worked. I'm wondering if some just aren't trying again. I do understand it not working for others but...

Posted via CB10 Rockin a Z10 on 10.2.0.1047 Leaked by the brilliant Elite Team!
    Yeah I saw that from some folks. I got the country thing....then I got the "not supported by your carrier" message... then I got pissed.... then it just hung on Connecting... then I proceeded to test it out before losing my shyte on AT&T and they got lucky.
    08-04-13 08:26 PM
    Nice... will keep my eyes open on this one

Thanks OS Elite Team

Posted via CB10

why wait. downloading the STL 2 version right now

upgrading my stl 100-2 now
    Hi! Just wanna ask how your update is? I'm also on STL 100-2... thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:29 PM
    There is the hotspot bar you can load, but I believe the issue is in the os/carrier settings. Like you, I have tried every variations of os/radio combos to no avail.

Even though I pay for the service, I think this will be an issue from here on out much like legacy os leaks. The carriers are trying to lock it down.

I'm sure the old timers remember everyone asking if hotpot works or tethering.. And Rroyy had the safe bridge for playbook for AT&T users so we could bridge the network access .

Posted via CB10
    I remember those days... Such a shame... oh well, Nexus 7 (2013) LTE, here I come.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    08-04-13 08:32 PM
    You can load sys.data.* bars using Sachesi.
    For the carrier settings.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    08-04-13 08:37 PM
    God I am so enjoying my phone. Andriod apps works perfectly. They feel so native. I kind of like d bar bellow too most BlackBerry native apps got those bar locked in. I love this os best ever

Posted via CB10
    Which model do you have?

Posted via CB10 with VZW Z10 (STL100-4)
    08-04-13 08:40 PM
    I will try it again in the AM - do you recommend the 810 version(s)?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:41 PM
    I used sachesi method to load the os/radio and updated bars only over 810. And it worked perfectly and nondestructive. That was yesterday. Only problem was the hotspot.

My question would be since it did not go through the normal setup process that it did not kick in the carrier data settings.

You are much more advanced in this OS than me and may have a different thought. All the sys carrier settings are there, but may not be completely registering with the carrier absent the setup process.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:52 PM
    This build was a little pesky on the install but it took. One thing I lost was video while operating in 4GLTE. Worked fine on wifi hope this clears up as I use it all the time when I travel.
    08-04-13 09:07 PM
    Got all my Side loaded apps to work through debug token method except for temple run.
    Temple Run opens and then will not respond if you click on play. It just sits on the screen like a wallpaper with the ugly back bar at the bottom. BlackBerry should provide an option to make that optional. It is eating up screen space and spoiling the resolution of many android apps on the screen.
    Instagram works fine. While taking videos, the app takes videos but trying to go further and apply filters results in some error that reboots the phone.
    Ruzzle felt laggy. Might be because the OS is fresh. Will try again tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    That's how templerun start on first load don't tap the screen or application will force close, give it 2/3 mins u'll be good to go
    08-04-13 09:09 PM
    It does actually works with parallels, that's the way I do it, but in order to work you have to uninstall BlackBerry Link from the mac and have it installed just on the Windows OS on parallels.
    I am SO giving this a try....!!!!! thanks!
    08-04-13 09:33 PM
    Your Evernote is not working?! :O You must have messed up something, it so far worked for everybody.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Evernote app has not been working... only through remember. go back I posted a mega link for the previous Evernote bar that does work on this leak

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:42 PM
    Ah I taught it may have been a Stl-1 issue, I actually followed what I think pili4? Said in another older leak forum, to remove the battery from the phone and keep the phone off for half an hour and than start again. But rather now just off the phone (without pulling the battery) let it cool and charge it for an hour and see if it made a difference when you on it. (this is if you try the os again?)

Posted via CB10
    I had that last night. The phone was extremely hot, even the screen, and the battery was warm too. Didn't charged the battery, so what I did it turned it off let it rest and cool down, left on the charger and wait some time before turning on. Then I monitored the battery constantly also if it's starting to over heat. But didn't start it over since.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Thanks for replying guys,

I have actually tried that method also (pulling off the battery, not the one Adam said), but it still the same until 20-25% battery left, I needed to decide back then, so I chose to step back to 4651. From what I read, I think it's only me the one who couldn't charge so it's maybe caused by my download. I will try it again with a new downloaded autoloader from a different computer.
    08-04-13 09:43 PM
    I downloaded the autoloader for the Q10, but I only got an image.

Am I missing something?

Attachment 189296

Posted via CB10
    You saved rar file types as opening with the photo editor. You need to right click the file and select open with an extractor like winzip or winrar. Check the box that says always open file with. Then you'll be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:46 PM
    What happened to time shift?
    08-04-13 09:52 PM
    This restore thing is driving me nuts. I have not been able to restore 1 backup since I began installing the 10.2 leaks. I've tried every suggestion there is. Airplane mode, remove sim, don't sign into BBID. I've done it backwards, forwards, sideways, slantways.... every way I can think. Still no restore.

I've been able to work around and with SMS Backup, get everything back, but it sure is a lot easier when I can hit the restore button and leave.

Hopefully, one of these days, I'll be able to restore my stuff again.

Rant over. Gonna go play with my phone now.
    There are certain apps that will not allow you to backup up or restore. Happened to me.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:52 PM
    What happened to time shift?
    You will have to be a little more specific...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:54 PM
    **Disclaimer: The post has no answers to questions regarding 10.2.0.1047. Please feel free to skip if thats what youre looking for**

I apologize in advance, as I know this will be a long one, but I had to get it off my chest.

I fear that with the direction this thread has taken at times, we may not see leaks for a long time, and that would be a terrible shame. To the Elite Team (ET), your efforts, work and time are GREATLY appreciated please dont stop due to some frustrating posts. I know its easy to get frustrated reading the same questions over and over, but try not to lose your patience. Deep down, I truly believe people arent doing it just to frustrate you. They have a question, and just jump in and post it without sometimes thinking it may have already been answered. For every frustrating post, there are many others who dont post who appreciate what they have access to.

For better or worse, people seem to want to hold the members of the ET to a higher standard, expecting patient, flowery responses to every question. They are human too, and prone to frustration and impatience just like the rest of us. I think people sometimes forget (or take for granted) that they are on these forums and providing us with these leaks (and support) on a VOLUNTARY basis. They are taking time away from their families/friends to try and help the Crackberry community. Im sure they dont like losing their cool with other Crackberry members. I dont like seeing it get to that, and I sincerely doubt they enjoy it either. The fact they are on these forums is indicative, at least to me, that they genuinely want to help those who are willing to put in a little effort themselves.

On that note: The leaks are provided for us, but are not MANDATORY for us to install. No-one if forcing you/me to install a leak. No-one is forcing you/me to use a particular browser, download method, install method, restore method or whatever. The leaks are provided in whatever format is most efficient and convenient for the ET to provide them. If its not convenient for YOU, try to find a way to make it easier, or wait for an official release. If youre not prepared to possibly do some troubleshooting, reloading, or maybe even downgrading in the end, maybe a leak isnt for you. We are all at choice here. If you CHOOSE to download/install a leak, please take the time and put in a little effort to do a little research on how to do it, and what problems there may be. If you have a question, and everyone does at some point, please do a search first. If you dont think you have time to read 2000+ posts, you can search the forums in general, or search within a specific thread. If we all did that, maybe there wouldnt be 2000+ posts to begin with. If you dont think you have time even for that, then maybe you should hold off on the leak. If you cant be bothered reading all the posts or doing a search to find an answer, what makes you think someone else will do the same to get to your question and then answer it for you? We were all newbies at one point or another, and we all have questions, but we have to be willing to do a little legwork ourselves before we can expect someone else to.

In this age of the internet, we expect instant gratification and immediate answers. We seem to have forgotten how to read or do a little research. I think its time we took some responsibility for ourselves and not always blame others, or expect others to do the work for us. This is a community and we are here to help each other. Lets not push each other beyond our patience level. And with that, thanks for your patience with this post.
    08-04-13 09:54 PM
3,598 ... 9596979899 ...