01-19-14 08:58 PM
3,598 ... 9495969798 ...
tools
    Loaded this up yesterday morning. Was running great in all ways. About 2 hours ago, it started a rapid battery drain (about 15% per hour). Only change I made was to color code my email accounts. I doubt that this is in any way related, but I turned off the color options. I'll watch and if no change, will reload and see what's what.
    Have had a few times where the system cpu is always running high. A couple of restarts and a battery pull seems to sort this out
    Think a process just gets messed up.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:20 PM
    thank u everyone so far for the help, but im now stuck -.- ive got to the point now where i plug my device in when it says connecting to bootrun but as it open that page it just saying there a error and cant open the page ?!?
    08-04-13 07:20 PM
    This might be a silly suggestion, but have you rebooted your pc yet? It's amazing how many things that sometimes fixes
    At this stage, nothing is silly for me lol

I've tried rebooting my pc a few times (including the times that it's crashed) but still no luck

Going to re-install the MR as a hail mary, hopefully it'll work...
    VeniceBB likes this.
    08-04-13 07:24 PM
    thank u everyone so far for the help, but im now stuck -.- ive got to the point now where i plug my device in when it says connecting to bootrun but as it open that page it just saying there a error and cant open the page ?!?
    Do you mean you see the command screen? You sure you've downloaded the right version for your phone?
    I cant find my back-up file on blackberry link
    Almost Everything works great for me on this leak ,except:

-hotspot doesnt work.
    -Interactive notifications in display menu,everytime I turn it on it turn back off by it self.
    -Everytime I turn on wifi then restart my phone it turn back off,so it doesnt save the setting.
    -i cant install/sideload debug token on this leak.is there any other way to install android apps?isnt 10.2 support better android runtime?how does it work anyway?can anyone help explain?

The rest is awesome,can anyone help me with this problem?thanks
    08-04-13 07:26 PM
    Yes, they work with the current channels beta and the one that came out right before it. The one before these last two broke toast.
    Thank you much... just did a "battery pull" hopefully that will help.... i know I didn't restart after I installed the latest channels this afternoon

Swiped from the Ever So Awesome White Berry Z10 10.2 on CB10
    08-04-13 07:28 PM
    Go into BB link and hit the 'gear' button on the top right. It'll take you to a screen that will show you where the backup was saved on your computer, and then just go in and locate it.
    08-04-13 07:29 PM
    (I searched the thread but didn't see anyone else w/ this issue)

Install & restore were quick and painless, even with security wipes before & after. I did a battery pull, and then sideloaded several Droid apps (Chase, Poynt, two GPS/geocache apps, and Kindle). All of them worked on .4543, and all still do EXCEPT for Kindle. Kindle has me log in and then allows me to reload all my books, and open them, but will not sync - it just hangs at that point and spins until I close the app. If I do another battery pull, I have to log back in like it's the first time I've used the app.

I've done several battery pulls, uninstalled the app, did another pull, and loaded it again via the Chrome extension. I still get the same result - loads, downloads content, but won't sync. Any suggestions?
    08-04-13 07:30 PM
    Have had a few times where the system cpu is always running high. A couple of restarts and a battery pull seems to sort this out
    Think a process just gets messed up.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I don't use battery pull, instead relying on the native ways to reboot (soft and hard). However, tried a battery pull, and voila, the phone is again running cooler and the battery drain has reverted to normal.
    08-04-13 07:30 PM

-hotspot doesnt work.
    -Interactive notifications in display menu,everytime I turn it on it turn back off by it self.
    -Everytime I turn on wifi then restart my phone it turn back off,so it doesnt save the setting.
    -i cant install/sideload debug token on this leak.is there any other way to install android apps?isnt 10.2 support better android runtime?how does it work anyway?can anyone help explain?

For the wifi issue, try deleting your network off the phone and then adding it back in. Worked for me. Now, a reboot does not result in wifi being turned off. Worked for others too.
    08-04-13 07:35 PM
    did you accidentally change where it downloads to? I did that once. Tried searching for it on your computer?
    08-04-13 07:35 PM

-hotspot doesnt work.

These are all known issues and have been answered many times in this thread.
    -Hotspot works for some people not others, no reason why or why not.
    -interactive display? I'm guessing you mean the lock screen notifications? Try a hard reset (volume up and down key until you see BlackBerry logo)
    -wifi delete all.saved wifi connections reboot phone and setup wifi again
    Android Runtime is better in this build but some people are having issues. For that they have downgraded and side loaded the runtime from 10.2.0.810 which can be found in another thread.

Thank you and have a splendid day...

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.10xx from my LE running on VZW
    08-04-13 07:37 PM
    There is a backstory to it, no need to get into it here...
    Fair enough.
    One thing I have noticed with this, or rather think I have noticed, is that my device appears to pick up wifi better now.
    Probably me being fanciful, but could never get wifi in the bedroom before but now I constantly get a faint signal.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:38 PM
    I would like to apologize for my shortness today. It just become irritating when we get asked the same questions over and over.
    We take tome to rest most of these leaks before they get released, and also spend a lot of time in the forum offering support to everyone we do this because we love BlackBerry and our devices.
    I think I speak for all of the leak team when I say we have no issue helping people. But when you ask a question that was asked two posts above yours it's obvious that you don't read the thread. Which, is very irritating.
    Also all the 'Downloading now' posts dilute everything. Please, refrain from these types of posts
    Take a bit of time out of your schedule and read through the posts when you have an issue as your question has probably been asked and answered. If you do this you will save yourself from being jumped on, yelled at and or 'tore a new one' by all of us. Save yourself and us a headache.

Now, off to drink some beer....

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.10xx from my LE running on VZW
    Last edited by BlackScorpion3; 08-04-13 at 10:01 PM.
    08-04-13 07:44 PM
    Thanks, it looks like a complicated process compared to BB Link so i'll read through the thread first before I give it a go!
    If you want to give it a try, ignore all tabs except the one called Backup. Plug in your device, choose what you want to backup (as with Link) and click " create backup.". When you've ant to restore, select restore backup. Easy peasy.

I've even used Sachse to restore a BB Link backup.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:45 PM
    REGARDING THE HOTSPOT

Mine wasn't working. I needed it to work. This what I've tried so far:

- Loaded 810 Radio file (811) :: did not work
    - Loaded the entire 810 OS :: worked
    - Loaded the 1047 Radio file (1048) on to the 810 OS :: worked
    - Loaded entire 1047 OS :: didn't work
    - Restored from a clean 810 backup to 1047 :: restore failed. (sec wiping now)

So... this is what I would like to ask from the Elite Team : is there a com.hotspot.sys file that can be extracted from 810 and sideloaded into 1074? I really have no idea how to go about looking for a file like that, but my hypothesis is that if it can be extracted and sideloaded, it may solve the hotspot issue, since clearly the problem is arising from the 1047 OS and not the 1047's Radio file.

Thanks in advance
    08-04-13 07:45 PM
    (I searched the thread but didn't see anyone else w/ this issue)

Install & restore were quick and painless, even with security wipes before & after. I did a battery pull, and then sideloaded several Droid apps (Chase, Poynt, two GPS/geocache apps, and Kindle). All of them worked on .4543, and all still do EXCEPT for Kindle. Kindle has me log in and then allows me to reload all my books, and open them, but will not sync - it just hangs at that point and spins until I close the app. If I do another battery pull, I have to log back in like it's the first time I've used the app.

I've done several battery pulls, uninstalled the app, did another pull, and loaded it again via the Chrome extension. I still get the same result - loads, downloads content, but won't sync. Any suggestions?
    Check out Kindle for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25058915
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-04-13 07:46 PM
    I would Luke to apologize for my shortness today. It just become irritating when we get asked the same questions over and over.
    We take tome to rest most of these leaks before they get released, and also spend a lot of time in the forum offering support to everyone we do this because we love BlackBerry and our devices.
    I think I speak for all of the leak team when I say we have no issue helping people. But when you ask a question that was asked two posts above yours it's obvious that you don't read the thread. Which, is very irritating.
    Also all the 'Downloading now' posts dilute everything. Please, refrain from these types of posts
    Take a bit of time out of your schedule and read through the posts when you have an issue as your question has probably been asked and answered. If you do this you will save yourself from being jumped on, yelled at and or 'tore a new one' by all of us. Save yourself and us a headache.

Now, off to drink some beer....

The ironic thing is that the people who need to read this, won't read this. But seconding the message here.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:48 PM
    Check out Kindle for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - Kindle for BlackBerry 10
    Sadly still not available for us Q10 folks... But thanks for trying to help us anyway!
    08-04-13 07:48 PM
    So why does the link only show media files and documents?
    Does it back up contacts?
    Click on the gear icon. That takes you to a whole set of backup/sync options and tools.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:50 PM
    REGARDING THE HOTSPOT

Mine wasn't working. I needed it to work. This what I've tried so far:

- Loaded 810 Radio file (811) :: did not work
    - Loaded the entire 810 OS :: worked
    - Loaded the 1047 Radio file (1048) on to the 810 OS :: worked
    - Loaded entire 1047 OS :: didn't work
    - Restored from a clean 810 backup to 1047 :: restore failed. (sec wiping now)

So... this is what I would like to ask from the Elite Team : is there a com.hotspot.sys file that can be extracted from 810 and sideloaded into 1074? I really have no idea how to go about looking for a file like that, but my hypothesis is that if it can be extracted and sideloaded, it may solve the hotspot issue, since clearly the problem is arising from the 1047 OS and not the 1047's Radio file.

Thanks in advance
    Tried it and it won't work...

rav813 likes this.
    08-04-13 07:53 PM
    The ironic thing is that the people who need to read this, won't read this. But seconding the message here.

Posted via CB10
    Irony is a peculiar thing isn't it?

08-04-13 07:54 PM
    how do i install this leak ive never installed one ;( and once i do install this will i still be able to update to offical OS release's through my settings ?
    Go to page one???

Posted on my FAB Q or my FUN Z...
    08-04-13 07:54 PM
    So I never use mobile hot spot. I'm on rogers stl100-3. So I went into the settings and activated hot spot and it came up with a blah blah not available in this country so I pressed OK and tried again and voila it worked. I'm wondering if some just aren't trying again. I do understand it not working for others but...

Posted via CB10 Rockin a Z10 on 10.2.0.1047 Leaked by the brilliant Elite Team!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-04-13 07:55 PM
3,598 ... 9495969798 ...