01-19-14 08:58 PM
3,598 ... 4647484950 ...
tools
    So, now that it's had time to settle in and I've used it for a bit, I'm pretty confident in saying this is the best OS so far. I haven't had it long enough to sign off on the battery life, but it's buttery smooth (animation stutters are very rare now, used to be very common for me), and just awesome in general with all the new features.

However, as far as bugs go, to summarize:

-Twitter in the Hub. When you go into a tweet to view it, the timestamp shows four hours ahead of my timezone for some reason - regardless of the time zone of the person who tweeted it. I also had an issue responding to a tweet last night. A photo was attached, but I can't confirm if that makes a difference yet.
    -That Interactive Notifications toggle is most definitively not working, could be an issue for those who want to disable it for privacy.
    -I had issues syncing my Twitter contact photos, which is strange because I haven't had any such issues for quite a few builds now. Facebook photos synced just fine however.
    -Had some severe Hub lag after restoring from my backup, but given about 10 minutes it stabilized.
    -Some Android Player apps may not take kindly to being restored from a backup, or may require a reboot before working properly (Waze wouldn't work after restoring from a backup until I reinstalled it. Reboot might have fixed it but I never tried)
    -I'm not sure if this is a bug so much as an annoyance, but if you disable Facebook and Twitter contacts in the Contacts app, and the contact's name was pulled from Facebook or Twitter (i.e. John Smith pulled from Facebook, uses J.Smith on BBM), it won't display that name in the main list. It will display their BBM name instead, or whatever name you have set up for them on Outlook/Gmail/other sync services. If you go into the contact however, their name displays just fine. A little annoying because I have some contacts who have weird names on BBM, but their proper names sync from Facebook. This never happened on older builds.
    -Evernote not working, wants you to update it, but no update is available on BlackBerry World.

Bugs aside though, a fantastic OS, and I have to commend BlackBerry on their work - BB10 is making excellent progress. A separate thanks, once again, to the Elite Team for the leak!
    08-03-13 10:19 AM
    You need the 811 radio in order for WiFi calling on T-Mobile - then the app works. See my earlier posts or the separate topic in the Leaks forum.

Running into browser crashes.

Phone app is lagging. Saw this in early 10.1 releases. Does not respond right away to pressing End Call. Had at least one call were the app kept running until it finally indicates call not connected.

T-Mobiles My Account app does not work, crashes while opening.

Noticed more lag time in opening android apps. Side loaded instagram will not run. Sideloaded Netflix will not stream video and is very ssllooowWww.

WiFi Calling not accessible. Not sure if this is related to restoring a backup. Did not check for it before restoring backup.

Running Z10, -3, on t-mobile in US. Upgraded from 10.1.0.2006.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 10:21 AM
    Correct - then it works well with some very minor issues - see the separate thread in the Leaks section.

From what I've seen, the T-Mobile wifi calling app will work (with some lingering issues) on a 1047/811 mix.

The app itself has to be sideloaded though. It's available here in the forum.
    08-03-13 10:22 AM
    Nope The best version of Voice Control was in the 483 if I'm not mistaken. For example on 483 when I said Hello, it answered "Hello, human" and when I ask "Who are you" it answered "My name is Wolfram Alpha", so it definitely supported WA, but it doesn't in the last 2 leaks.

Does anybody have a Voice Command BAR from the 483 leak?
    This seems very Wolfram Alpha-my to me.
    Also, it reads "Wolfram Alpha" at the bottom (not visible on he screenshot).

BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-img_00000937.png

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-03-13 10:22 AM
    i've a problem with sms. in sms appear the number also if i have the contact in my contacs...
    Try adding or removing the country code from your contact, I've had this issue on .810 when the Hub didn't load contact names that were saved without a country code. It's dumb, I know, but at least this workaround should do the job for now.
    croccio likes this.
    08-03-13 10:23 AM
    One thing I noticed is that the hub now gives me an option to get the complete history of emails in Hotmail synced to the device. I now have like 8000+ emails. I wonder how much storage that consumes.

Posted via CB10
    Has anyone noticed the hub not starting after a restore? It just says preparing indefinitely.

Posted via CB10
    Well, it appears as if I have a fresh start.. no backup... darn it to heck...
    anyways, everything seems smooth, and flawless again. and no pin! to be honest, kinda miss it. No longer has that lookie what I have that I prob shouldnt have look to it haha.
    as for you EverNote Freaks
    https://mega.co.nz/#!FJMESKxB!E8PDVU...gG0hUvPCCyZig8
    it works. JUST tried myself. From the 10.2.0.483.
    FB working fine after a batt pull, and candy needs a debug token again. other than that.
    AWESOME!!!! I also have a few other previous 10.2 bars if someone needs them

And again again again... THANK YOU LEAK TEAM!!
    08-03-13 10:25 AM
    This seems very Wolfram Alpha-my to me.
    Also, it reads "Wolfram Alpha" at the bottom (not visible on he screenshot).
    I see, well looks like it uses Wolfram Alpha after all, but still it has less functionality than the one from 483 leak.
    08-03-13 10:25 AM
    it seems my app restore messed up, it shows "The Blackberry ID for the backup file does not match up the Blackberry ID for this device or the backup file is corrupt" and ended it the restoration in the middle of some 40 percent, but I was able to restore media and some settings. Tried three times and got the same result.

Any suggestions? do i need a wipe? backup file were from two previous 10.2 leaks.
    08-03-13 10:27 AM
    Loaded works awesome, no excessive drain or over heating and the new message preview are excellent.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 10:35 AM
    how can i do it?
    One thing I noticed is that the hub now gives me an option to get the complete history of emails in Hotmail synced to the device. I now have like 8000+ emails. I wonder how much storage that consumes.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 10:35 AM
    Maybe it's already been posted, but where is wifi direct?

08-03-13 10:36 AM
    Where did print to go went? Or is missing just for me?

Also noticed this in the phone settings

BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-img_00000002.png
    08-03-13 10:37 AM

Only on Q for now. But I believe it is in Network Connections, Wifi

Posted via CB10
    Only available on the Q10 in this build.
    Where did print to go went? Or is missing just for me?

Also noticed this in the phone settings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000002.png 
Views:	1188 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	188763
    No print to go in this build. I believe someone posted a link if you want it. Nice find on the auto reply settings.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 10:39 AM

option only shows on Q. If you have a Q it will be in the wife settings.

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.10xx from my LE running on VZW
    Has anyone noticed the hub not starting after a restore? It just says preparing indefinitely.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that and my BBM until I did a BP(not reset) and all is well.

sent thru my BlackBerry on OS 10.2.0.1047/ Thanks Elite Team!
    This release is still buggy:
    1. Sharing articles from RSS Feed to BBM contacts using GReader does not work but sharing from GReader to other apps like whatsapp, remember, etc works just fine. Must be BBM then.
    2. Hub is showing there is notification for bbm. But checking bbm, there is no new message. Not even a chat in a group. Turns out to be a comment made on a picture on a bbm group. Imagine you have 10 or more groups with hundreds of pictures, trying to figure out which is causing the notification in the hub can be a daunting task and certainly not productive at all! And worst is there is no way you can tell from the Hub.

2 most wanted features are still not implemented:
    1. Call blocker API
    2. Fix the crazy autolinking problem on multiple contact lists/sources upon creating a new contact.

I think Blackberry needs to address well known bugs first before introducing new features which are also adding more bugs.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 10:41 AM
    Are you eating beef jerky again? It would explain your use of words
    And happy birthday 7thedon7

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Have you tried it yet?

I found out that it has a ridiculously high amount of sodium, so I'm staying away for a bit.

Posted via CB10
    it is my understanding that some of the apps that use dark theme are being changed to white. kris ir kwm1337 can probably answer this better for you.
    Yeah, most things are going to white including the new BBM... I like me my dark themes...
    Well, that's a bummer. Thanks, guys.

08-03-13 10:43 AM
    can anybody help me step by step how to install this to my z10? its my first time installing a leaked OS so really appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks.
    08-03-13 10:45 AM
    bbm channels beta isnt working for me on this build it did say for 10.1 is their a different bar for 10.2 bbm channels ?
    08-03-13 10:45 AM
3,598 ... 4647484950 ...