01-19-14 09:58 PM
3,598 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    any issues installing using a Windows 8 computer? I just bought this one and have not tried installing from it (or sideloading)
    NONE, Installing and side Loading works great
    08-03-13 10:12 AM
    In the US only T-Mobile supports WiFi calling (mainly because their cell service is so $hitty). If you are on T-Mobile here's what to do to get WiFi calling (works well):
    Install 1047, install 811 radio, install WiFi calling app and it works with some comments/observations:
    I have been toggling the WiFi settings from cellular preferred to WiFi preferred - seems to work better, i.e., if I want to make a WiFi call I first set it to cellular than back to WiFi.
    The WiFi is very finicky - likes to issue warnings that "call may drop" even in my house where I have a strong signal
    No issue when receiving SMS and the notification preview works with one caveat: Whenever I receive a SMS it toggles the WiFi calling from its initial setting - e.g., from WiFi preferred to cellular or vice-versa - no big deal I just reset it.

wifi calling is only there if operator supports it
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-03-13 10:12 AM
    Happy (day before) birthday to me! Good thing my "party" was canceled. I know what I'm doing today.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10 (OS 10.1.0.4687)
    08-03-13 10:14 AM
    Xbox smart glass (side loaded) isn't working in this build at least not for me, it worked on lower 10.3 builds.. anyone wana try an see if it's just me or if it's the OS?

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483
    Whoo, wait! You have a 10.3 build? Lol

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.10xx from my LE running on VZW
    habs_fan, Mecca EL and meltbox360 like this.
    I have always had problems in the past restoring my phone (cant do a restore all) ... do you guys set up the phone then restore or do you restore it without setup
    You need to finish the setup first, otherwise it won't let you connect to BB Link

Cant restore from Windows 8 .. says that I have not completed setup on the device
    Umm, and did you complete the setup? Windows doesn't always produce a meaningful error, but when it does...
    NONE, Installing and side Loading works great
    I had to reboot my computer to do the restore (in process now) before I got the message that I had not completed setup
    Whoo, wait! You have a 10.3 build? Lol

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.10xx from my LE running on VZW
    Lol my bad, my fat thumb must a hit a 3 instead of a 2
    I meant lower 10.2

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-03-13 10:15 AM
    You should not be using BB10 while drunk. It is such an awesome device that you could accidentally turn the world off!
    Ummm, well. How about just inebriated?

Thankful to my laptop, I was able to restore today morning with this OS on STL-1. Everything is working fine only battery is the issue. let me see after settling for a day or two.
    The only bug for me yet: I lost Bemaps pro in the process and it seems I need to buy it again... Any suggestions on what to do to get it back without paying a second time ?

Posted via CB10
    BBW > All > My World > My Apps and Games > Available

See if it's there.

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    08-03-13 10:16 AM
    You need to finish the setup first, otherwise it won't let you connect to BB Link

Umm, and did you complete the setup? Windows doesn't always produce a meaningful error, but when it does...

What I meant by setup wasnt the initial setup but adding accounts and what not (email, etc)

I had to do a reboot of the computer for it to see that the initial setup was done on the device .. doing a restore now and at 6% ..on my Win 7 machine it would get stuck restoring at 3% if I did a full restore, so this is good
    08-03-13 10:16 AM
    Does this version include Evernote and office? I downloaded another 10.2 but it included nothing than the system.

Evernote is there (never opened it, and am doing a restore now) .. not sure about Office
    08-03-13 10:17 AM
    What I meant by setup wasnt the initial setup but adding accounts and what not (email, etc)

I had to do a reboot of the computer for it to see that the initial setup was done on the device .. doing a restore now and at 6% ..on my Win 7 machine it would get stuck restoring at 3% if I did a full restore, so this is good
    Oh, I see. No, you don't have to add the Accounts manualy before restoring. But it will ask you to re-enter passwords for those accounts once you restore and reboot. Only Evernote needs to be re-authenticated, so after restore you have to remove the Evernote account and re-add it.
    08-03-13 10:19 AM
    First of all, thank you very much to the Elite Team!
    Backed up with Sachesi, autoloader install, restore with Sachesi, re-entered passwords in accounts.
    Works well on my Z10 -4. Will try side loading Google Maps, Temple Run 2, Netflix when I return home from work this afternoon.
    WhatsApp, skype, Facebook, working perfectly. Love the new toast notifications.
    Weather app is nice. When swiping up suggested words on keyboard now there is a double sound feedback.
    Broken? : when I try to share from CB10 to a BBM contact the page links don't copy and paste into the chat box.
    Thanks again to all involved that have allowed me to enjoy this goodness!

Posted via CB10 on my ZedTen!
    08-03-13 10:21 AM
    I followed the same steps and could restore entire thing from OS 10.1.0.4651on STL-1. Strange thing is happening to me, I use to get problem in one laptop and I am able to restore on anther one. this strange behaviour I am observing since last one month. I reinstall evrything a refresh on the laptop but still same problem. Other laptop without doing anything I am able to restore thru link.

Can't restore. I installed the OS, did setup without BB ID, connected to usb without network, opened link clicked on restore..... am i missing anything here??
    The device was not wiped after OS install.

Pls guide.
    08-03-13 10:23 AM
    Yay! Account colors in hub settings!!!
    08-03-13 10:23 AM
    My keyboard is no longer autocorrecting "were" to "we're" all the time. Awesome!

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-03-13 10:24 AM
    I had to reboot my computer to do the restore (in process now) before I got the message that I had not completed setup
    Yeah first set up your phone so BBlink will recognize it and you will restore , mine works great without problem
    08-03-13 10:27 AM
    For what it's worth...

Finally in the 10.2 Club! It loaded AND restored from BBLink without a hitch. I am astounded and very grateful to The Elite Team! Will install on wife's Z tomorrow...

PS: No tricks, prayers or work-arounds required this time. Turned on airplane mode, and backed it up. Took standard auto-load option, did complete setup, signed into BB ID. Went back to BBLink to restore - and it actually did.
    Last edited by eBud; 08-03-13 at 10:49 AM.
    08-03-13 10:29 AM
    Running into browser crashes.

Phone app is lagging. Saw this in early 10.1 releases. Does not respond right away to pressing End Call. Had at least one call were the app kept running until it finally indicates call not connected.

T-Mobiles My Account app does not work, crashes while opening.

Noticed more lag time in opening android apps. Side loaded instagram will not run. Sideloaded Netflix will not stream video and is very ssllooowWww.

WiFi Calling not accessible. Not sure if this is related to restoring a backup. Did not check for it before restoring backup.

Running Z10, -3, on t-mobile in US. Upgraded from 10.1.0.2006.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 10:30 AM
    and here we go!!

Thanx to the E.T.
    08-03-13 10:31 AM
    for me also sms were restored from 10.1.0.4651 on stl-1.

For those who restored from a 10.1 backup, did your sms history restore?
    bharuch7282 likes this.
    I had problems with loading data from back up. Plz post how does back up goes. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    IqWaN likes this.
    Thanks! Just when I thought 810 was the best that could happen to my Z10!
    In the US only T-Mobile supports WiFi calling (mainly because their cell service is so $hitty). If you are on T-Mobile here's what to do to get WiFi calling (works well):
    Install 1047, install 811 radio, install WiFi calling app and it works with some comments/observations:
    I have been toggling the WiFi settings from cellular preferred to WiFi preferred - seems to work better, i.e., if I want to make a WiFi call I first set it to cellular than back to WiFi.
    The WiFi is very finicky - likes to issue warnings that "call may drop" even in my house where I have a strong signal
    No issue when receiving SMS and the notification preview works with one caveat: Whenever I receive a SMS it toggles the WiFi calling from its initial setting - e.g., from WiFi preferred to cellular or vice-versa - no big deal I just reset it.
    do you have any issues receiving mms?
    08-03-13 10:34 AM
3,598 ... 4344454647 ...