I've noticed a strange thing, not sure if it's been reported. I think there may be a slight memory leak. After a full day or more of use, the amount of free memory when no apps are running will be around 600-800mb. The phone will also be sluggish, and the battery drain is significantly higher. I believe this should be around 1.2Gb.

A daily shutdown and restart of the phone seems to keep this at bay, but it does appear to be an issue that will need to be resolved.

Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 12:45 PM
    One nice bug fix in this release. In 10.1 when you filtered out twitter contacts in your contacts app, they would then not come up when typing them into the phone app's search bar. They now appear. Good stuff.
    08-16-13 02:03 PM
    I've noticed a strange thing, not sure if it's been reported. I think there may be a slight memory leak. After a full day or more of use, the amount of free memory when no apps are running will be around 600-800mb. The phone will also be sluggish, and the battery drain is significantly higher. I believe this should be around 1.2Gb.

A daily shutdown and restart of the phone seems to keep this at bay, but it does appear to be an issue that will need to be resolved.

Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    The OS is effectively using ram to it's advantage. It may possibly be storing previously run apps in ram for quicker load next time. Or storing services. The OS doesn't have a memory leak, it's using its ram as it is supposed to.

Why does this keep popping up? Is your phone getting slow and stuttering? Is it freezing for seconds to clear out ram? Nope. The OS stays smooth and quick. It continues to run without issue. Relax and enjoy the phone. Let qnx do it's thing in the background.
    08-16-13 03:11 PM
    Well I encountered a serious issue that I didn't see before.

I have a Z10 STL100-1, and had this leak installed on it. Everything was working properly, also the restore went through fine. My battery life was extraordinary with a full day working with it, only using 22% of the battery, including a hour navigation on BlackBerry Maps. I use my Z10 privately but also have my work email on it. Most of the time I use Whatsapp, CB10, Twitter, Facebook, email and the side loaded app 'Top Eleven'.

Now here's the problem; I encountered in 2 days after each other that when I was using the phone randomly, that it stuttered, went on a black screen, gave the notification of a message coming in and froze.

No way of getting the device running again, totally dead! Even after pulling out the battery and reinserted it, no life... after that I put it on the charger and it displays an empty battery, after 5 minuts it reboots and says at least 80% of battery charge!

I reverted back to 10.1.0.4633 for now but I already miss this leak...

I had this issue a few times now and did already some reinstalls of the OS, including the security wipe and all... but for now it's not workable for me.

Posted from the awesome Z10
    08-16-13 04:22 PM
    Well I encountered a serious issue that I didn't see before.

I have a Z10 STL100-1, and had this leak installed on it. Everything was working properly, also the restore went through fine. My battery life was extraordinary with a full day working with it, only using 22% of the battery, including a hour navigation on BlackBerry Maps. I use my Z10 privately but also have my work email on it. Most of the time I use Whatsapp, CB10, Twitter, Facebook, email and the side loaded app 'Top Eleven'.

Now here's the problem; I encountered in 2 days after each other that when I was using the phone randomly, that it stuttered, went on a black screen, gave the notification of a message coming in and froze.

No way of getting the device running again, totally dead! Even after pulling out the battery and reinserted it, no life... after that I put it on the charger and it displays an empty battery, after 5 minuts it reboots and says at least 80% of battery charge!

I reverted back to 10.1.0.4633 for now but I already miss this leak...

I had this issue a few times now and did already some reinstalls of the OS, including the security wipe and all... but for now it's not workable for me.

Posted from the awesome Z10
    So as I applied the upper reply, my Z10 again got stuck, so it's not the OS apparently, but my phone that is turning off at 80% of charge... :S
    08-16-13 04:59 PM
    So as I applied the upper reply, my Z10 again got stuck, so it's not the OS apparently, but my phone that is turning off at 80% of charge... :S
    Ouch... have you security wiped at all during the process? might help.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:19 PM
    Ouch... have you security wiped at all during the process? might help.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, did it now some several times, but it doesn't seem to really work well.... I'm now trying to install the leak once again...
    08-16-13 06:47 PM
    Find some restoring problems when go back to previous 10.1 from 10.2.0.1047, any advices for me?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 07:23 PM
    It is working for me. Few issues with screen size but so far it is a go
    08-16-13 07:43 PM
    Issues with the HUB, not receiving notifications until rebooting the phone some where sent 12 hours ago , i just asked my wife to send me a message and its not showing yet on her side it shows its been delivered

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:07 PM
    what's the general consensus running this on the Q10?

I've got issues with not being able to 'start' the camera with the stock 10.1 from Verizon, so I'm thinking about loading this OS as a potential solution...
    08-16-13 11:56 PM
    Yeah, did it now some several times, but it doesn't seem to really work well.... I'm now trying to install the leak once again...
    Could be the battery though. Had this similar problem with my 9500 and turns out it was the battery. Bought a new one and the problem's gone.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 12:19 AM
    what's the general consensus running this on the Q10?

I've got issues with not being able to 'start' the camera with the stock 10.1 from Verizon, so I'm thinking about loading this OS as a potential solution...
    It's runs pretty smooth! I had one problem in the start but I just loaded the leak again and fix it now it's 100% for me!

Posted via CB10
    mgm1979 likes this.
    08-17-13 07:45 AM
    Question to Q10/Q5-Users:
    is the "keyboard layout setting" effective on the keyboard?
    like change it from qwerty to qwertz inverting the keys(y/z)?! i mean these settings:
    Attached Thumbnails BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-q10_keyboard_layout.jpg  
    08-17-13 07:50 AM
    Question to Q10/Q5-Users:
    is the "keyboard layout setting" effective on the keyboard?
    like change it from qwerty to qwertz inverting the keys(y/z)?! i mean these settings:
    I didn't know this was even there! Why would someone want to invert the keys?

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    08-17-13 07:58 AM
    I didn't know this was even there! Why would someone want to invert the keys?

because i changed my keyboardhardware from qwerty to qwertz and its not typing correctly with 10.1 :-/ even with setting it to "qwertz"...

edit: could you please test it? settings->language and input ->text-input-> input languages->click on your language -> default layout (to qwertz) and then pls check if the keys are inverted
    08-17-13 08:12 AM
    because i changed my keyboardhardware from qwerty to qwertz and its not typing correctly with 10.1 :-/ even with setting it to "qwertz"...

edit: could you please test it? settings->language and input ->text-input-> input languages->click on your language -> default layout (to qwertz) and then pls check if the keys are inverted
    OK found it and am using if for thr first time to post here. So let me see what happens when I tap z well that is not what I pressed so let's see when I press y. Zep the are inverted.

But what is qwertz and whz would zou want it over qwerty (had to think twice to get the y for the z and the z for the y - hard LOL)

julianrt likes this.
    08-17-13 08:40 AM
    OK found it and am using if for thr first time to post here. So let me see what happens when I tap z well that is not what I pressed so let's see when I press y. Zep the are inverted.

But what is qwertz and whz would zou want it over qwerty (had to think twice to get the y for the z and the z for the y - hard LOL)

great!!! so its working!
    qwertz is the german keyboard layout and i changed my keyboard hardware on my (dac-)q10(from qwerty to qwertz) on 10.1 and cant invert it...THANK you!
    Last edited by julianrt; 08-17-13 at 09:01 AM.
    08-17-13 08:48 AM
    great!!! so its working!
    qwertz is the german keyboard layout and i changed my keyboard hardware on my q10 on 10.1 and cant invert it...THANK you!
    Ah I see. I figured if I didn't know must mean I didn't need it anyway.

So if you want inverted y & z then qwertz is for you.

Glad I could help!

julianrt likes this.
    08-17-13 08:57 AM
    Is there a Dvorak mode?
    08-17-13 08:59 AM
    Is there a Dvorak mode?
    Not sure if that's a joke, but for kicks and giggles I checked and no, no Dvorak mode.

08-17-13 09:13 AM
    Dvorak keyboard would be boss!

-- Adam Schuetze
    08-17-13 12:41 PM
    Sorry in advance for any redundancies here, but with nearly 3500 posts in one thread it's not easy to check them all.

I finally loaded 10.2.0.1047 with 10.2.0.810 Android Runtime and Settings from 10.2.0.1157.

I like 2.0.1047 very much. Don't think I could go back to 10.1 now. Finding new things all the time that are very nice. The notifications of incoming mail etc while in an app, great! Sharing remembers where your last/common share send location and more..

I read varying reports re hotspot. Using it on mine works, but always gives error first time saying "not permitted in your country" (I'm in Canada). But second time I try it works. This is consistent.

I'm not getting Facebook notifications at all now. I did a bit, but now no more. I have tried removing account and app and reinstalling/rebooting but no change. If I can't solve I can live with this until official comes out.

Many of the sideload apps that I need to do the debug token thing for now work without doing the debug token. Nice!

But...a couple of key apps for me now don't work (that worked fine in last official 10.1: Dropbox 2.3 and Mint 1.17. Dropbox just gives the black 'initializing' screen then closes. Mint 1.17 won't accept my login, though it is fully correct. It goes to 'downloading data' but after few minutes says "login wrong'. Not! I want these two apps back! Any one got them going?

Battery - not noticing too much improvement yet, but could be because I'm messing with the phone so much, loading/deleting etc.

Probably post more later. Thanks.
    08-17-13 03:02 PM
    Apologies if this was covered before, but I just loading Skype, and it appears to crash whilst starting up. This is the skype downloaded from BlackBerry World. Is this a known issue? If so, pls forgive and point me to relevant thread....

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047
    08-17-13 08:03 PM
    Apologies if this was covered before, but I just loading Skype, and it appears to crash whilst starting up. This is the skype downloaded from BlackBerry World. Is this a known issue? If so, pls forgive and point me to relevant thread....

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047
    If you are on a Q the BlackBerry World Skype won't work, you would have to side load an android version. In order to do this you will either need a debug token or the 810 runtime.

For more learning and less questions check out the site. BerryLeaks
    08-17-13 08:38 PM
3,598 ... 137138139140141 ...