What prob are you having with the contacts?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what the poster's problems were/are, but my contacts (default is BlackBerry Link) are constantly cross pollinating. Over 600 contacts and they are constantly linking to the wrong person. Manually unlinking is a pita.

And I don't have FB, Twitter or anything active in main contacts setting.

Tried to send an email of a picture, to myself, and it went to one of my clients that somehow linked my email address. Frightening since this is my primary business device.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:23 AM
    I don't know what the poster's problems were/are, but my contacts (default is BlackBerry Link) are constantly cross pollinating. Over 600 contacts and they are constantly linking to the wrong person. Manually unlinking is a pita.

And I don't have FB, Twitter or anything active in main contacts setting.

Tried to send an email of a picture, to myself, and it went to one of my clients that somehow linked my email address. Frightening since this is my primary business device.

Posted via CB10
    Are you synced through mail contacts or just on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:35 AM
    Are you synced through mail contacts or just on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    Direct link to the contacts on my laptop's primary email client Microsoft Outlook via link. Do not have any contacts via cloud services such as gmail, outlook, yahoo etc... Did not experience any issues on any 10.1 build, but have had this issue on all 10.2 builds. I also have no sim contacts.

I am pretty sure it is mapping negotiation issue between contact management natively on my Z and how Outlook maps certain fields and how link tries to sort it out. Need more granular options during the sync process. I have learned to do one way syncs only (either direction) as when I do two way it mucks things up on my device and computer.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:52 AM
    I have a lot of the same issues as lp_rig

Contacts are missing, linked to the wrong person, numbers gone missing, pictures not coming through.

I had them synced with my Gmail, but they are missing there now as well to

Downloaded an app called intouchapp contacts from another thread, hope that solves it in the future.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:57 AM
    Hey guys try contactX for your contacts, it saves them to your SD card and then you can back up and import when ever you want.
    Works great for me.

Posted with a Q10 on CB10/10.2.0.1047/ Thanks to berry leaks
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-11-13 11:00 AM
    Direct link to the contacts on my laptop's primary email client Microsoft Outlook via link. Do not have any contacts via cloud services such as gmail, outlook, yahoo etc... Did not experience any issues on any 10.1 build, but have had this issue on all 10.2 builds. I also have no sim contacts.

I am pretty sure it is mapping negotiation issue between contact management natively on my Z and how Outlook maps certain fields and how link tries to sort it out. Need more granular options during the sync process. I have learned to do one way syncs only (either direction) as when I do two way it mucks things up on my device and computer.

Posted via CB10
    I was having similar issues to that when I was using my yahoo... What I ended up doing was getting the contact x app. I pulled them all to a contact export file. I made a Gmail account that I ONLY sync the contacts from and it seems to have worked for me. Now I did have to play with them in the computer to get everything straight but it was easier on Gmail than yahoo and my outlook express. What I did after I had them all straightened out I deleted the yahoo and outlook contacts and imported and set a sync from the Gmail. I have yet to have another mix matched since... it sounds like a lot I know, it took me about an hour but for me it was worth it. I'm at about 500 contacts between work and personal.

Posted via CB10
    jhanks64 likes this.
    08-11-13 11:21 AM
    I was having similar issues to that when I was using my yahoo... What I ended up doing was getting the contact x app. I pulled them all to a contact export file. I made a Gmail account that I ONLY sync the contacts from and it seems to have worked for me. Now I did have to play with them in the computer to get everything straight but it was easier on Gmail than yahoo and my outlook express. What I did after I had them all straightened out I deleted the yahoo and outlook contacts and imported and set a sync from the Gmail. I have yet to have another mix matched since... it sounds like a lot I know, it took me about an hour but for me it was worth it. I'm at about 500 contacts between work and personal.

Posted via CB10
    I am using contact x as well just as a backup.

Our corporate policy is no direct syncing with 3rd party cloud services for company issued devices so syncing contacts. Of course policy is subject to change and review, but it is almost a certainty we will not host anything with Google do to their security and privacy issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:44 AM
    Anyone on the Z10 experience issue with the dialer app? I have it in recent calls all the time, occasionally I need to hop into contacts or even the dial pad, and it just doesn't want to switch! Fixed after a restart though.

It's annoying.

PS. I have the Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1047

Posted via CB10
    Just tried hopping from within the dialer pad. Hopped back and forth ten times without a hitch

ZED-10 for the person on the move. OS 10.2.0.1047
    08-11-13 12:03 PM
    Anyone on the Z10 experience issue with the dialer app? I have it in recent calls all the time, occasionally I need to hop into contacts or even the dial pad, and it just doesn't want to switch! Fixed after a restart though.

It's annoying.

PS. I have the Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1047

Posted via CB10
    Found something similar to this happening w my Q10. Tried to tell someone I was on the phone with some info fr email, so....swipe up and get home screen, worked, swipe right to hub, worked. As soon as I tapped email to see it, screen went black. Occured repeatedly. Very annoying.

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047
    08-11-13 12:08 PM
    Did you side 810 on top of 1047? Thanks!
    08-11-13 01:25 PM
    Hey guys try contactX for your contacts, it saves them to your SD card and then you can back up and import when ever you want.
    Works great for me.

Does contact X, back up the contacts exactly the way they are stored in BlackBerry? Like all the info is backed up and restored? Even if you have special ring tones ect for them?

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-11-13 01:29 PM
    It keeps all info regarding the contact not sure on ring tones have no special one set up.

habs_fan likes this.
    08-11-13 01:42 PM
    Guys I have updated to 1047. All OS features working perfectly smooth and fine on mu Q10 but not a single Android App is not working. I have even side loaded 810 run time and still result is the same.

Can anybody help me please????

Posted via CB10 through Q10
    08-11-13 01:48 PM
    Guys I have updated to 1047. All OS features working perfectly smooth and fine on mu Q10 but not a single Android App is not working. I have even side loaded 810 run time and still result is the same.

did you restore apps from your 10.1 backup in 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 01:56 PM
    Thanks for helping! I saw that in settings but for some reason it only has BlackBerry World and Maps listed in "view default apps," and no options relevant to selecting a default browser. Appreciate the help anyway!

Posted via CB10
    Don't know if there's been an answer for this question re: default browser....apologize if so but I've scanned the whole thread (till 4am last night phew!) and didn't see it.

Thoughts?

08-11-13 02:22 PM
    Don't know if there's been an answer for this question re: default browser....apologize if so but I've scanned the whole thread (till 4am last night phew!) and didn't see it.

Thoughts?

Make sure you have more than one browser downloaded, otherwise you won't need a default app.

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME VZW STL100-4!!! Now running: 10.2.0.1047
    08-11-13 03:06 PM
    hey anyone having FB login issues ...
    went for the 810 and all is good except the pin on all 4 sides but hey all good so far ...gte to the instagram much later, not vital to my life
    08-11-13 03:10 PM

You'll have to reload the OS again, including the 810 runtime. Sounds like you've done a full restore, it's in this that the Application Data is corrupted. Restoring this part of your back up, prevents the Android runtime from working correctly. You will have to add apps and sideloaded app again, but most times it's better to have a clean installed app. Keep us posted of your results.
    08-11-13 03:20 PM
    Make sure you have more than one browser downloaded, otherwise you won't need a default app.

Yep, forgot that I'd unloaded the Evolution browser when I realized we couldn't set default browser. This was in 10.1.0.4687 of course. So I re-downloaded, and still no option in app manager. Did a hard reboot, still no joy....

Anyone know what I'm missing?

08-11-13 03:56 PM
    my device can't downlod it !!
    08-11-13 05:22 PM
    my device can't downlod it !!
    Try a computer.
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-11-13 05:23 PM
    I am using contact x as well just as a backup.

Our corporate policy is no direct syncing with 3rd party cloud services for company issued devices so syncing contacts. Of course policy is subject to change and review, but it is almost a certainty we will not host anything with Google do to their security and privacy issues.

Posted via CB10
    Well that adds a bit of a difficult angle... best I could say is run the backup using the x and clear out your outlook and install the x. Modify them all there and then re sync outlook all over on the phone. Delete the acct and then re install it on the phone. This seems to be a remedy for a few others from what I was able to dig through some of the older forum posts. Saw a few having outlook issues on 10.1 that they said when they did this and no restore it seemed to lessen the quirks. But fix them all before adding back to the phone. I hope it helps

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:58 PM
    Then for future back up the contacts before an update in case it happens again

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:59 PM
    Then for future back up the contacts before an update in case it happens again

Posted via CB10
    What is odd is that they all sync initially just fine with no issues. All the strangeness starts happening about 1-3 days in at the device level.

For the record, I am the President of the company, We are small and only have about 25 employees. But, we have sister companies as well as part of a hub and spoke network and total have about 600 employees on my network.

I have not deployed any BlackBerry 10 devices, other than mine, on the network.

We will be converting all in early 2014 unless something catastrophic happens at Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 and Hphv like this.
    08-11-13 06:27 PM
    Yep, forgot that I'd unloaded the Evolution browser when I realized we couldn't set default browser. This was in 10.1.0.4687 of course. So I re-downloaded, and still no option in app manager. Did a hard reboot, still no joy....

Anyone know what I'm missing?

Have you tried to open up a browser page from an app or someplace that would give you an initial choice of which browser to use, so you can set a default then? Just thinking that maybe it doesn't show up in there until something triggers it... I'll download another browser, see if I can get it working on my end, and then report back!

08-11-13 07:05 PM
3,598 ... 129130131132133 ...