bluetooth locks out phone in a car even if you use BBmaps, Waze, and google maps.... womp womp
    08-06-13 02:23 PM
    Hmm....leaks are supposed to bring improvements & bug fixes. Keeping w/ this theory, it'll need to be big. It's gonna be tough to improve on this one.

Sent via CB10 from my KICK AZZ-Z10
    Agree completely. Except for some minor bug fixes that affect people using certain functions, it's hard to see how this one could be improved upon, especially if you side load the 810 Android bars.

I stuck with 10.1.0.2354 and did no updates until this one. I can see perhaps one more 10.2 update fixing these bugs and a better Android Runtime, and then it's hold until 10.3. :-)

Comparing the Z10 using a 99% perfect 10.2.0.1047 and working Android sideloads with the iPhone and current iOS, for me the BB wins hands down. I'm told that iOS 7 will incorporate much of what BB has done, especially in terms of multi-tasking, but I still don't see how it will be better than the Z10.

That doesn't mean that BBRY will do better than AAPL, though--the market likes what it likes, and it doesn't like either one much these days. That's why I don't look at my stock portfolio much on the Stocks app for the Z10.
    08-06-13 02:28 PM
    I hope this question hasn't been asked already. All of the leaked OS threads quickly grow so fast to over 100 pages of back slapping and high-fiving comments that it becomes tedious at best and impossible at worst to find any useful info. However, my question is; why do I have to reformat my 64GB SD card every time I install a leak? I regrettably lost all my phone's honeymoon pix and vids from the Bahamas when I loaded up 10.1.0.1087 (I think that was the build number.) I have learned my lesson and now take the card out whenever I load a leak. Even then, when I put the card back in, the phone doesn't recognize it until I reformat it. That means I have to copy all the data from the card to a safe location, format the card, then copy all the data back onto the card. There has to be a better way. I never had that problem with my 9550 or my 9850. And interestingly enough, I didn't have the problem when I loaded the leaks prior to .1087. Then again, I was still only using a 16GB card.

Any ideas? Perhaps the Z10/BB10 isn't compatible with high capacity cards as we are lead to believe?
    I am and have been using a 64gig card in my Z since I bought it. This would lead me to believe you possibly have a bad SD card.

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.10xx from my LE running on VZW
    08-06-13 02:32 PM
    I use my Z10 secure side to access my companies email. Will this still function under the leak? Thanks
    08-06-13 02:36 PM
    It may be due to a corrupt app data backup restore. I would recommend a security wipe, then restore only settings and media backups. Don't restore app data backup.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    If I do that will I still have my contacts? Or contacts is part of app data as well? Could it be that the converted Android apps were done through sdk manager on a release lower than 4.0?

Sent from my Blackberry Q10 from T-Mobile
    08-06-13 02:42 PM
    I second the bad SD Card theory. I'm using a 64gig card and have upgraded and down graded more times then I can count without issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 02:44 PM
    Props to anyone who can figure out which picture I was trying to comment on
    Attachment 190045
    How did you change the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 02:56 PM
    hmm interesting i used the autoloader for my q10 got everything restored and my apps, contacts etc. Only thing is text messages is bugged. I click the text message app and it just brings me into the blackberry hub. I go into the hub click compose, theres no option to compose a text message? ugh this is fustrating. to send a text message it seems that you have to use the search feature and type: text contact name

Just weird...am I missing someting? Anyone?
    08-06-13 02:57 PM
    Miracast is a different thing for the Z10s... and OTG should be supported without a dock on the Z30 with 10.2.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Thanks, appreciate your responses. Was hoping to hear that.

Last question, if you or anyone else can answer, what do you mean by 'miracast is a different thing for the z10s?'

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 02:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think it was on the front page of the cb forums to overcome the keyboard glitches in instagram sideloades.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:00 PM
    hmm interesting i used the autoloader for my q10 got everything restored and my apps, contacts etc. Only thing is text messages is bugged. I click the text message app and it just brings me into the blackberry hub. I go into the hub click compose, theres no option to compose a text message? ugh this is fustrating. to send a text message it seems that you have to use the search feature and type: text contact name

Just weird...am I missing someting? Anyone?
    Was the phone in airplane mode when restoring?

Did you try a hub reset?

Posted via CB10
    hawklet00 likes this.
    08-06-13 03:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blaze wrote a article on how to side load the Google keyboard. It's on the main page. Don't waste your time though I hear it drains the battery viciously.

Cheers!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-06-13 03:07 PM
    Agree completely. Except for some minor bug fixes that affect people using certain functions, it's hard to see how this one could be improved upon, especially if you side load the 810 Android bars.

I stuck with 10.1.0.2354 and did no updates until this one. I can see perhaps one more 10.2 update fixing these bugs and a better Android Runtime, and then it's hold until 10.3. :-)

Comparing the Z10 using a 99% perfect 10.2.0.1047 and working Android sideloads with the iPhone and current iOS, for me the BB wins hands down. I'm told that iOS 7 will incorporate much of what BB has done, especially in terms of multi-tasking, but I still don't see how it will be better than the Z10.

That doesn't mean that BBRY will do better than AAPL, though--the market likes what it likes, and it doesn't like either one much these days. That's why I don't look at my stock portfolio much on the Stocks app for the Z10.
    I aint got 10.2 but looking around some good stuff its good but it aint enough. BB dont have the luxury to do enough like apple or droid.BB have to max out like every release is their last and market features smartly and well. I dont like to play sports halfassed I make sure I get my work out and play hard regardles of win or loss.I come play hard.

I hope this aint it and this is teaser.There's loads they can improve on theres a big chance the paradigm that will make BB10 full unique OS is almost there just needs tying up.This lets do enough attitude is how competetion stomp you.Need to set the standard be the first force them to play catch up whilst you polish up your discovery.This is one thing samsung do well they max out and go in hard everytime and people clearly appreciate it.

BB need to go hard everytime they can still top this quite easily really.
    08-06-13 03:15 PM
    Thanks, appreciate your responses. Was hoping to hear that.

Last question, if you or anyone else can answer, what do you mean by 'miracast is a different thing for the z10s?'

Posted via CB10
    It means that you won't like either that you'll get with the final os.

sayf777 likes this.
    08-06-13 03:16 PM
    When I first loaded up BBM with this OS, it asked me which BBM contacts I wanted to use toast notifications for. I can't seem to find any settings to change this now. I've looked in BBM settings, notification settings, security and privacy settings, bbm notification settings. BBM profiles of my contacts, under edit contact within the contact app. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I'm still receiving toast notifications for the 1 contact I had set it up for, but can't find anywhere to change who it applies to.

I'm on the latest bbm channels update also. Am I just missing the setting somewhere or has it disappeared for some reason?
    08-06-13 03:18 PM
    It means that you won't like either that you'll get with the final os.

Sorry can you rephrase, apologies

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:20 PM

I aint got 10.2 but looking around some good stuff its good but it aint enough to force questions on droid,ios users.They waiting for key lime and IOS7 thsi does'nt really force a question that much.BB dont have the luxury to do enough like apple or droid.BB have to max out like every release is their last and market the features smartly and well. I dont like to play sports halfassed I make sure I get my work out and play hard regardless of win or loss.Got to play hard.

I hope this aint it and this is a teaser.There's loads they can improve on theres a big chance they can deliver a paradigm that will make BB10 full unique OS is almost there just needs tying up.This lets do enough attitude is how competetion stomp you.Need to set the standard be the first force them to play catch up whilst you polish up your discovery.This is one thing samsung do well they max out and go in hard everytime and people clearly appreciate it.

BB need to go hard everytime they not gonna do so on hardware but at software they can and should.They can still easily top this build quite easily really.
    08-06-13 03:22 PM
    Sorry can you rephrase, apologies

Posted via CB10
    It's pretty likely that the Z10 doesn't get miracast support at all.

sayf777 likes this.
    08-06-13 03:24 PM
    I aint got 10.2 but looking around some good stuff its good but it aint enough to force questions on droid,ios users.They waiting for key lime and IOS7 thsi does'nt really force a question that much.BB dont have the luxury to do enough like apple or droid.BB have to max out like every release is their last and market the features smartly and well. I dont like to play sports halfassed I make sure I get my work out and play hard regardless of win or loss.Got to play hard.

I hope this aint it and this is a teaser.There's loads they can improve on theres a big chance they can deliver a paradigm that will make BB10 full unique OS is almost there just needs tying up.This lets do enough attitude is how competetion stomp you.Need to set the standard be the first force them to play catch up whilst you polish up your discovery.This is one thing samsung do well they max out and go in hard everytime and people clearly appreciate it.

BB need to go hard everytime they not gonna do so on hardware but at software they can and should.They can still easily top this build quite easily really.
    I'm actually impressed with how fast they are updating the os. Z10 had been out since February depending on location and we have had what amounts to three major updates including this one. 10.1, MR, and now 10.2 in basically 8 months and I don't think that 10.2 will be the last update for this year either. I must confess that I was hoping for more in 10.2, but, it is a improvement.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:37 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but now there's an option to move pictures within the pictures app instead of going through file manager

Posted via CB10
    tetonica, ezapper2 and Ricky_S like this.
    08-06-13 03:39 PM
    not sure if this has been mentioned before, but now there's an option to move pictures within the pictures app instead of going through file manager

posted via cb10

BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-img_00000981.png

z10_10.2.0.1047
    08-06-13 04:06 PM
    Multiple alarms show on clock. Click the one you want to modify or view. Main alarm stays orange

BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-img_00000980.png

Z10_10.2.0.1047
    08-06-13 04:09 PM
    loaded this up a while ago.

Initially, I was not able to restore via Link, but after a few tries and some troubleshooting, I got a restore completed.

Message to Blackberry: If I can't restore my phone, then the phone and OS is useless. Please work on making it more simple. I can't afford to spend hours re assigning sounds and settings after an upgrade.

It did NOT restore my sound notifications and settings after all.

What i've noticed:

Still no .mid sound support (all my old skool atari and nintendo ringers are still useless)

Still no custom LED colours for contacts

Still no custom SMS sounds for contacts

still no audio equalizer settings

I had a few problems with charging but that seems to have subsided after a restart

I've had some random BBM re-boots, but that seems stable for now...

certainly still buggy but will give it some time.

No comment on battery life as I'm charging now.

...someone said there's not much to improve on 10.2... I'd say there's plenty of room for improvement still.

I'm not giving up yet... I hope it "settles in" and starts to shine.

PS: thanks to the folks who leak this stuff out and share with the community.
    08-06-13 04:18 PM
    Blaze wrote a article on how to side load the Google keyboard. It's on the main page. Don't waste your time though I hear it drains the battery viciously.

Cheers!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    Got it. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 04:24 PM
    I'm liking 10.2 so far but I've come across a rather weird issue on my Q10. In 10.1, android apps would require me to swipe down from the top to get hold of the bar along the bottom so that I could press back. In 10.2 that bar is always present. Is there any way to get the old behaviour back? Cause the bar takes up quite a bit of screen real estate and the Q10 screen is already cramped enough after being used to my Z10.
    08-06-13 04:26 PM
3,598 ... 113114115116117 ...