This should be made into a post on the CB main page
    08-05-13 09:08 AM
    Noticed this earlier, got a 1:1 Aspect Ratio option in my Z10 camera.
    08-05-13 09:14 AM
    I dunno if anyone has noticed this, but in the camera app, you can now have the option to lock the auto focus my simply pressing and holding on the auto focus square for 1-2 seconds.

Attachment 189578

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-5 w/ 10.2 OS
    Nice find, thanks

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    08-05-13 09:18 AM
    I know there has been lots of talk about Android side loading but I don't have time to go through all the pages. I found a thread that claimed 810 had a better runtime, can't find it now. My Netflix won't show picture only sound when it plays. Anyone know how to fix it and I apologize if it's been addressed.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:21 AM
    What happened to time shift?
    Works just fine on my Zed. Explain a bit more.

ZED-10 for the person on the move. OS 10.2.0.1047
    What does a battery pull actually do?

Destroy your OS.

Posted via CB10
    I dunno if anyone has noticed this, but in the camera app, you can now have the option to lock the auto focus my simply pressing and holding on the auto focus square for 1-2 seconds.

Attachment 189578

It's been mentioned.

You also get 2 options when you do the quick peek gesture on last picture taken.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-img_00000458.png  
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-05-13 09:25 AM
    Here's another "Anyone having a problem with...." post:

Anyone having a problem with setting up an ActiveSync or IMAP email account? I'm getting "Device must be connected to a network" error.
    08-05-13 09:26 AM
    It's been mentioned.

You also get 2 options when you do the quick peek gesture on last picture taken.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes I know about that feature, the share and delete option right?

Thanks

vgorous likes this.
    08-05-13 09:26 AM
    I know there has been lots of talk about Android side loading but I don't have time to go through all the pages. I found a thread that claimed 810 had a better runtime, can't find it now. My Netflix won't show picture only sound when it plays. Anyone know how to fix it and I apologize if it's been addressed.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Swipe down from the top while in Netflix and choose settings; then select software as your video player.
    08-05-13 09:29 AM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Post number 381 on page 16.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post8938548
    toobs623 and Mecca EL like this.
    08-05-13 09:30 AM
    For those of us who have been studying the inner workings, I can say that some suggestions are based on fact, or at least solid theory.

Wiping : when you upgrade, the user partition us overwritten, but really only the parts that contain the file allocation table and what's needed for the core apps, your old apps and settings are still technically on the device memory but inaccessible (though in theory it shouldn't cause conflict still). Wiping will clear all of that just to be sure.

Airplane mode during restore : theory is it makes sure that there's no traffic inbound that could create conflicts. Example would be receiving an sms at the same time as trying to restore the sms database. Having long given up on backups and restores, I can't definitively say one way or another if this works, but it seems to for some.

Pulling battery while booting : bad idea. The first boot after an install especially. The phone counts successful boots and if a boot fails in the first # of boots from upgrade it could consider your upgrade to be a failure. Then guess what happens... it reverts to your old OS. it actually keeps a copy for a certain number if reboots just to make sure an upgrade goes good. But when it reverts the OS it can't do the same for your apps so they'd be out of sync with your OS and could cause issues.

Battery pull at any other time: still a bad idea, as pointed out, it's just like a desktop computer, 99% of the time it probably does no harm, but it's that 1% that'll cause you to lose some data.

I'll admit that the battery pull is a lot more complex than explained, and battery pull may not always trigger a rollback. I did do it once to experiment, and got a rollback, but I am not about to try again anytime soon to try figure out the details of how it works.

As for having serious troubles after an upgrade like being unable to open the hub I have only seen that if you try to side load just the 2 bar files. Despite it being a debrick OS image and containing all the apps in it, side loading does not upgrade the apps, they are ignored. They need to be loaded at the same time as the OS and Radio.

But on a positive note, it is almost impossible to hard brick these phones, so no matter what happens you can almost always recover just with an autoloader or using the OS recovery mode in Link.

Posted via CB10
    It makes totally sense.

Here is what I've observed with this leak:
    I had heating problems and poor battery life. Rebooted normally. Rebooted with long press on power button. Rebooted with volume buttons. Nothing worked.
    Then I took out the battery for some seconds and since then my Z10 is cool as ever...
    It shouldn't have this effect but somehow it did. Maybe it's because of other reasons I can't imagine...

I'm on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1047

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:31 AM
    Here's another "Anyone having a problem with...." post:

Anyone having a problem with setting up an ActiveSync or IMAP email account? I'm getting "Device must be connected to a network" error.
    I had that issue when I first loaded this leak, I did a security swipe and haven't had any issues adding accounts since. I didn't do a restore either however.
    08-05-13 09:32 AM
    Try deleting the account, power cycle then re add.

No issue with push, with both android and native versions installed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/05/y5a8asy5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/05/9yjepyba.jpg

Sent from my Z10
    Mine won't let me toggle the get notifications on, and what is power cycle?

Where's Mr. Krabs?
    08-05-13 09:33 AM
    after reading all this posts, im glad i dont get any mayor problems with this leak, i have an STL100-1 hotspot work, instagram work, well i didnt have any issues with android apps, no BBM problems, no restore problems, and battery life... awesome, the only things i notice are after a reboot i takes a couple of minutos to connect the radio, and battery guru its not working fine, maybe just need and update, thanks again for this leak Elite Team.
    08-05-13 09:34 AM
    Nice find, thanks

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    No problems

08-05-13 09:42 AM
    HDR Camera mode: camera freezes when "saving" a captured HDR image.

EDIT: Hard reset fixed issues.
    Last edited by stitch69; 08-05-13 at 09:59 AM. Reason: update
    08-05-13 09:48 AM
    Having trouble with BBM. The fix for the previous 10.2 link was to go get channels but this time I go to get BetaZone and I get the error "requested content was not found". This on AT&T Z10. Anyone find this problem and a work around?

Thanks
    08-05-13 09:50 AM
    I understand possible crashes of the OS. Phone was totally hot. Over 42C. I pulled battery before and nothing happened. Plus left it over night on a charger. Plus a proper installation in airplane mode. All by the book. But still this method worked. Of course that I did not pull the battery during initial installation of OS. But the main problem is the communication's manners between forum members.
    Did anyone is familiar with a term mystery of the black box? It speaks about advancement in technology. 100 years ago, you could build and fix anything. It was visible you know how it works. But now you do not know what is going on among those millions of transistors and millions lines of code. A woodoo magic for sure. Be kind even when you criticise someone that is all.

Z10 STL100-1 for personal and 9360 for business
    08-05-13 09:52 AM
    Mine won't let me toggle the get notifications on, and what is power cycle?

Where's Mr. Krabs?
    The notifications toggle is broken in this build. Even though it says that it's off, you will still be able to preview your messages on the lock screen.
    08-05-13 09:54 AM
    Having trouble with BBM. The fix for the previous 10.2 link was to go get channels but this time I go to get BetaZone and I get the error "requested content was not found". This on AT&T Z10. Anyone find this problem and a work around?

Thanks
    Make sure you are downloading the latest BBM Channels Beta.
    08-05-13 09:55 AM

Thanks
    Not sure what you are doing, but you have to sign in to Betazone from a desktop computer and download the installer for the BBM channels. And then install it like an autoloader via USB.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:56 AM
    Make sure you are downloading the latest BBM Channels Beta.
    The problem I am having is when I go to dev mode, bbw world, dev mode and try to download the BetaZone app at all I get the error "requested content not found" so I cannot download Channels at all without it.
    08-05-13 09:57 AM
    For those having problems connecting and doing a restore. Here's a general fix that usually works.

Wipe ur phone. Reload os. Make sure u have current. .32 link installed (and sometimes even a delete and reload of that). And all should be good.

Side note: yes. Sometimes when restoring and it says 100% and finishes and reboots phone. And after rebooting phone and it's still plugged in. Or even not. Link will say it hasn't completed or not compatible etc. Well. That's not true. Just a bug in link. It did complete. Just ignore. And carry on. I have tested this a few times. And it's just a link glitch. But yes. If ur phone rebooted after 100 % then it's all good.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 - Elite Team Member/co-Founder best phone ever http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-05-13 09:57 AM
    The problem I am having is when I go to dev mode, bbw world, dev mode and try to download the BetaZone app at all I get the error "requested content not found" so I cannot download Channels at all without it.
    You don't necessarily need the beta zone app to install channels. From your pc, go to BlackBerry Beta Zone log in and download the installer from there. Connect your phone to your pc via USB, launch the installer and let the loader do its job.
    randall2580 likes this.
    08-05-13 10:02 AM
3,598 ... 100101102103104 ...